• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
No I'm not but I play Fyre's Pit on a daily basis and she shuts down everything my MK can do. It really sucks. Oh, and I'm gonna be at BBC as well.
I suck, I'm not gonna be there cuz I have to study for finals >_<
I'm gonna be there. I hope to see some of you guys there. For those that aren't coming, you suck.
I suck :c
i can max 150 on a good day.
:awesome:

Also, PTZR, i'm seeing you tomorrow right?
I'm going to BBC in GA tomorrow.
Wish me luck erryone
Gl, wish I could have met you all, next time! This summer I will be extremely active, and lately I am getting more and more set on just focusing on Pit and not playing anyone else until I figure him out.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
this is not in order, but it is generally accepted that these character's have the highest learning curve to truly be played at top level:

marth
peach
pikachu
pit
wario
zss
link/TL
snake

playing one of these characters is already really hard so if you play more than one of them it is suggested that you learn one of them in depth and then go on to learn the second. as a pit marth main i actually started with pit, got his basics down for the most part and how to do his ATs. then i went and studied marth in depth im talking basics and ATs as well. now im working both characters for application of both basics and AT to develop their true technique.

fox n rob im just kinda natural with so i got lucky there. wouldn't say they are top learning curve characters by any means tho either.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
this is not in order, but it is generally accepted that these character's have the highest learning curve to truly be played at top level:

marth
peach
pikachu
pit
wario
zss
link/TL
snake

playing one of these characters is already really hard so if you play more than one of them it is suggested that you learn one of them in depth and then go on to learn the second. as a pit marth main i actually started with pit, got his basics down for the most part and how to do his ATs. then i went and studied marth in depth im talking basics and ATs as well. now im working both characters for application of both basics and AT to develop their true technique.

fox n rob im just kinda natural with so i got lucky there. wouldn't say they are top learning curve characters by any means tho either.
True, and Peach takes a TON of work and practicing to be good. I'm just gonna drop her and work on my Pit so I can be a top player and play this game for God's glory.

Ultimate Razer still has a better Pit than 95% of us :embarrass:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6aFv_f1SkE

Also, what do yall Pit's do about reading, predicting, baiting, and camping opponents? I have a ton of trouble getting these basic high level player aspects down, and I need to get them down if I want to do some work w/ Pit... I wish there was some way to get in contact w/ Masashi/Earth...

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
Hmmm...... Based on that list, I think I should start learning Marth more now. I've learned so much of Pit's general gameplay and many of his AT's and I can control a match comfortably with him now. I guess I should start focusing on learning Marth more and such, since I haven't used Marth in a long while.

@Kuro: WOW! I had no idea there was a program like that! Maybe I can finally learn piano with that program ^__^. Good luck with learning the song!

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Lolz at me traveling outside of Sova, if it aint mvc3 then I ain't going unless I Hyperbolic Time chamber for brawl. Plus I work that day so I can't go regardless.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
work net is lame. have to watch vids when im off work.

@gadiel
don't drop peach! just put her off for a while. peach is a great secondary for pit and if you can use her then don't lose that advantage! like i said, just work out stuff with your main for now and then work on your secondary. but seriously don't drop her as she's one of wario's and olimar's worst MUs

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
True, and Peach takes a TON of work and practicing to be good. I'm just gonna drop her and work on my Pit so I can be a top player and play this game for God's glory.

Ultimate Razer still has a better Pit than 95% of us :embarrass:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6aFv_f1SkE

Also, what do yall Pit's do about reading, predicting, baiting, and camping opponents? I have a ton of trouble getting these basic high level player aspects down, and I need to get them down if I want to do some work w/ Pit... I wish there was some way to get in contact w/ Masashi/Earth...
People have different ways of learning. Going super in-depth with Pit is one way, then again playing from a different character's perspective can introduce you to new things about Pit. It's also not that Ultimate Razer has a better Pit than us, but since he is a high placing competitive genius, he could probably **** us with most of the cast based on player skill alone. Pit is also a good doubles char plus the fact that he isn't going snake in this doubles match probably means his opponents aren't good enough for him to need snake so that is also a factor. Asking pro players how to have good instincts won't help you learn how to play like them. You just have to keep playing at a high level and the skills will just come to you.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
epic meal time is epic, and yet nauseating at the same time. as a vegetarian i find the use of that much meat in one meal to be a bit disgusting... yet fascinating too. As for the learning curve on characters i think that going all (insert your main(pit) here) in tourney/money matches is good. but go almost completely the secondary in friendlies if they're hard to learn. i personally am using pit for tourney matches, i'm working on a few MU's with my falco and i use Link for funzies in super casual games. something interesting: link's MU with MK is no worse than pit's xD

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
while you are right luckay there are two things you need to know.

p4 and zori are both hight level players.

razer is an ex-pit main. he was maining pit a long time before a lot of us were which is why he has so much knowledge of him. also don't forget that he has experiance against esca and against kown when he was around.

but don't get me wrong, razer is still a league above them, but they are considered pretty good around here.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I do it for Gods glory too!

BTW Wish me luck tommorrow. This is going to be CRAZY http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=11875
GL, plz get top 8! & I prayed for you on this..

Also, I think your right Luckay--no one can truly teach me how to play this game, I have to learn it myself, and I can humbly accept advice, but in the end; I will have to learn it for myself.

Oh, and the Peach as a second thing...even if those matchups may be in her favor, I do better in the Wario matchup w/ Pit and I want to learn to the Olimar w/ my main. Her air speed/ground speed makes me frustrated especially when I play my G&W friend, and I just do better w/ faster characters like Squirtle so I can combo/read movements. Its more of a split-second reading w/ combo characters w/ decent horizontal movement, and Pits reads seem to take longer and take more prediction and movement reading IMO. Also, since he's more built for camping, truly learning how to camp and read shields and approaches is important--something that I think Masashi has mastered.

I'm not gonna play Peach for the time being when I can just focus on Pit. She makes me frustrated, and if I want to be a top Pit main then it's time to man up & stick w/ Pit and be on fire for him, not lukewarm...

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
GL, plz get top 8! & I prayed for you on this..

Also, I think your right Luckay--no one can truly teach me how to play this game, I have to learn it myself, and I can humbly accept advice, but in the end; I will have to learn it for myself.

Oh, and the Peach as a second thing...even if those matchups may be in her favor, I do better in the Wario matchup w/ Pit and I want to learn to the Olimar w/ my main. Her air speed/ground speed makes me frustrated especially when I play my G&W friend, and I just do better w/ faster characters like Squirtle so I can combo/read movements. Its more of a split-second reading w/ combo characters w/ decent horizontal movement, and Pits reads seem to take longer and take more prediction and movement reading IMO. Also, since he's more built for camping, truly learning how to camp and read shields and approaches is important--something that I think Masashi has mastered.

I'm not gonna play Peach for the time being when I can just focus on Pit. She makes me frustrated, and if I want to be a top Pit main then it's time to man up & stick w/ Pit and be on fire for him, not lukewarm...
Yes, this is so big. I'm learning this right now. It's the one thing i feel i'm missing completely...i don't consider my opponents options well enough...but i've been going all pit in tourneys and am slowly, slowly noticing a change.

Hey maha, you know that list you made?

Pit,snake, wario main. Get at me with my high learning characters :laugh: I can use marth well also ;D

...i've switched mains so many times haha. I've already mastered the basics and AT's of pit and snake...i've gotten the hang of baiting with wario really fast. Florida Hyperbolic2gud :)

Btw...once i'm at UCF in the fall...i'll be able to play with people that are like...x10 better than me at least once if not 2-3 times a week(depending on how many new people i meet that aren't smashers ;)) but point is, just watch, come fall...i'm gonna blossom! Oh and i'll be going to genesis2!!!!!!!!!!I'M SO HYPED.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
well that is just the suggestion. some people can naturally pick up certain character types. i know when i used snake i got him down pretty fast but i just don't really like using snake so now my snake is way out of practice. but like i said, i don't like using snake.

pit/marth/fox ftw. no bad MUs between the 3 of them, specially since fox does so well against Mk. of course with your high tier based spread you obviously have no bad mus either.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
well that is just the suggestion. some people can naturally pick up certain character types. i know when i used snake i got him down pretty fast but i just don't really like using snake so now my snake is way out of practice. but like i said, i don't like using snake.

pit/marth/fox ftw. no bad MUs between the 3 of them, specially since fox does so well against Mk. of course with your high tier based spread you obviously have no bad mus either.
Well, honestly. I enjoy camping <3 and those are the 3 characters i enjoy it the most with and see the the most potential in me with. That, and each character is gonna play off each other and help me as a player.

Wario: Paying attention to the opponent and constantly running a scenario through your head while spacing perfectly.

Snake: Learning to do the unexpected, creating areas of control and learning your opponents habits and common approaches. Reaction time in tech chasing. Helps build your mental focus.

Pit: Learning when to use what move or just simply get away. This character will help you master on stage defensive maneuvers and choices so fast. Cuz it's required.

Haha know what's funny? I use to main fox also XD. And rob...:laugh:

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Peach is easy. One thing you definately need is Spacing. What I do is space arrows and Fairs. then when she comes close I use Forward B to that full rapid jab then retreat. some times i dont use the full rapid jab cause she can smash DI out and Forward air. and a lot of times the second she jumps in the air I just Fair if i catch it in time. also dont just sit there with with arrows, she will be able to advance on you at neutral position (both players on floor) with a simple glide toss with the vegitables. when you see that she gets a vegtable what I do guess when they will throw or glide toss so i advance on the ground first with a dash to a forward B. In doing this i save my down smash and forward smash. This works, peach will become much easier.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
hiiiiiiiiii

Whenever I fight Peach I ACTUALLY SPACE FOR THE FIRST TIME!

Like whenever you have 0-10% Dont EVER APROCH PEACH!!!!!!!!!
She can Dair you for a lot of dmg... and it combos!

Just camp a lot.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Any pits wanna play some wifi? there's nothing bud bad people on freeplay right now and I always enjoy pittos (Kuro's pit reset me wow XD)

2536 - 0393 - 2171
is my FC if anyone's up to it, it's my friend's wii.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Any pits wanna play some wifi? there's nothing bud bad people on freeplay right now and I always enjoy pittos (Kuro's pit reset me wow XD)

2536 - 0393 - 2171
is my FC if anyone's up to it, it's my friend's wii.
Haha i learned a few things ima try to implement *thinking of your usmash usage)

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
lol PTZR after I play some against this Pit I havent played before we can play :) It'll be probably 15 minutes and then I'll host a room up.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Gg's PITZR. Random characters too good haha. That sheik vs peach match was lucky :( and your sheikd ***** my d3 XD. Ganon and captain falcon lolz. Close pitto :)

Top Bottom