• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Legality Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunshade

Smash Ace
Congratulations on our glorious Soviet victory, Liberal comrades. :suess:
Lets not brew anymore partisan feelings.

Although I will say that I am somewhat proud of the thread I made getting pirate ship banned (banned in the sense that counter/banned stages have a long history of being banned every single time)

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Congratulations, liberals: The game is now even less enjoyable.

Maybe now that the list is out BPC will stop being an idiot here and will go and do more with B-. This matters to me because the idiocy shown in the community with the creation of this most recent list is evidence that I have been wasting my time.

Maybe eventually you guys will realize that we have a great balancing tool in the form of the stagelist and start using it that way.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Okay, this needs to stop.

Liberal: wanting reform, change.
Conservative: wanting status quo, less change.

With these definitions, the people pushing for more bans and smaller stage lists are liberals, while people pushing for less bans and keeping the game as-is are conservatives.

Apply your labels properly.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Okay, this needs to stop.

Liberal: wanting reform, change.
Conservative: wanting status quo, less change.

With these definitions, the people pushing for more bans and smaller stage lists are liberals, while people pushing for less bans and keeping the game as-is are conservatives.

Apply your labels properly.

Ummm, actually, you're still wrong. Conservatives want status quo. Small stage lists are the status quo. Ergo, they are in fact the conservatives, and we, who push for larger stage-lists (change) are the liberals.

However, since the status quo is now technically Larger stagelists, you're also somewhat right.

sunshade

Smash Ace
Congratulations, liberals: The game is now even less enjoyable.
I disagree
Maybe now that the list is out BPC will stop being an idiot here and will go and do more with B-. This matters to me because the idiocy shown in the community with the creation of this most recent list is evidence that I have been wasting my time.
I would like for BPC to not make such massive posts of relatively unimportant information or blatant flames/opinions.

As for you "wasting [your] time" can I ask how much time you actually spent trying to convince people of anything? More often than not you just say "I think this" and then you dont support it. You then faintly referencing your ideals on how the came is meant to be played without actually saying what they are.
Maybe eventually you guys will realize that we have a great balancing tool in the form of the stagelist and start using it that way.
Maybe someday you will realize that there is no fair or objective way to use the stage list to balance the game beyond that of personal opinion.

If you have not read the following two articles I suggest you do.

http://sonichurricane.com/?p=202
http://sonichurricane.com/?p=2930#more-2930
http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/intermediates-guide.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom