• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Discussion thread on Port Town Aero Dive....

Kain6th

Smash Ace
Of all the stages you can choose for tourney's this was definitely not something i was expecting to see. I think its cool, but what were the reasons for not banning it? Was there anyone in SBR who made the best case for it to remain CP/banned category?

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
As much as I love PTAD, I always thought it should be banned. However, I think if they nerfed the cars, it could be a viable CP in Brawl+.

Ismael

Smash Ace
It was banned because the cars kill you... almost every time. Mute City was a CP in Melee simply because the cars were pretty weak and the stage itself was ok. Port Town Aero Dive's cars will destroy you at 0% if your Jiggs, and about 40% for everyone else. And the buildings, floors, and all the other stuff makes PTAD cross the banned line.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
It's a possible counterpick, but it highly favors characters that don't rely on ledges. The cars do pose a threat to anyone that gets grabbed.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I like PTAD, but I am against stages with hazards. The racers get me every time.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I play as Mr. Game & Watch there and don't really die to the cars. The trick is to avoid getting hit by them.

The stage is really just about the same as melee Mute City in terms of fairness, but people can't accept it because it punishes you really hard if you screw up (yes, it's you screwing up when you get hit by the cars). It's a real shame since it's a pretty high quality level, but I don't think it's practically possible to convince many people to even give this stage a chance.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
I think it would be unbanned if they nerf the cars to less knock back or none like they did with corneria's airships. I rather prefer a standard knock back for any damage like the spikes on stage builder.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
PTAD is on at the next Midwest Circuit event. We're not scrubs and don't ban levels that don't need to be banned. :D

PTAD has "safe zones" for the cars in every area, and you can see them coming (and even hear them) before they get there. Generally, on top of the highest platform and on the far left / right side of the track will keep you safe.

.AC.

Smash Lord
PTAD is on at the next Midwest Circuit event. We're not scrubs and don't ban levels that don't need to be banned. :D

PTAD has "safe zones" for the cars in every area, and you can see them coming (and even hear them) before they get there. Generally, on top of the highest platform and on the far left / right side of the track will keep you safe.
i just happened to be reading this comment after watching this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrMNH0D_Cd8&feature=related

anways..PTAD has stage hazards,which are easily avoidable,but i think its a good CP stage because it holds great strategic value.

Top Bottom