• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Duck, Duck, Pikachu!: Moves Pika Can Crouch Under

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Duck, Duck, Pikachu!: Moves Pika Can Crouch Under

Ok, so this is pretty useless, but I was bored today and decided to make a list of all the ground moves Pikachu can duck underneath. That's it, really. Didn't do aerials because I was too lazy.

Enjoy. :laugh:

*Mid/end range refers to the range of that specific move, not range in general.
*For all of these moves, Pikachu got hit when he stood in the same spot.
*I took screenshots of all of this, so if you don't believe me, I can post evidence. =X I just didn't like how the post looked with all the screens included.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

:bowser2: Bowser
Ftilt (up-angled)
Fire Breath (up-angled)

:falcon: Captain Falcon
Ftilt (up-angled & straight forward)
Fsmash (up-angled)
Falcon Dive

:diddy: Diddy Kong
None.

:dk2: Donkey Kong
Ftilt (up-angled, mid-end range)

:falco: Falco
Ftilt (up-angled, end range)
Blaster
Reflector

:fox: Fox
Blaster

:gw: Mr. Game & Watch
Utilt

:ganondorf: Ganondorf
Jab
Fsmash (up-angled)
Warlock Punch (mid-end range)
Wizard's Foot (yes, the whole thing)

:popo: Ice Climbers

:ike: Ike

:jigglypuff: Jigglypuff
None.

:dedede: King Dedede
Utilt

:kirby2: Kirby

:link2: Link
Jab (last hit only)
Usmash (2nd & 3rd hits only; front only; mid-end range; if you crouch during the first hit, you can usually avoid hits 2 & 3)
Gale Boomerang (hitbox only; still affected by wind)

:lucario: Lucario
Usmash

:lucas: Lucas
None.

:luigi2: Luigi
Fsmash (up-angled, mid-end range)

:mario2: Mario
None.

:marth: Marth
Utilt (front only, mid-end range)

:metaknight: Meta Knight
None.

:ness2: Ness
Utilt (end range)

:olimar: Olimar
None.

:peach: Peach
None.

:pikachu2: Pikachu
Ftilt (up-angled)

:pit: Pit
Utilt (end range)
Palutena's Arrow (unaimed)

:squirtle: Pokémon Trainer - Squirtle
None.

:ivysaur: Pokémon Trainer - Ivysaur
None.

:charizard: Pokémon Trainer - Charizard
Flamethrower (up-angled)

:rob: R.O.B.
Ftilt (up-angled)
Fsmash (up-angled & straight forward)
Usmash
Robo Beam (unaimed)
Arm Rotor (up-angled & straight forward)

:samus2: Samus
Fsmash (up-angled)
Jab (1st hit only, mid-end range)
Super Missile
Charge Shot (small-mid sized)

:shiek: Sheik
Chain (up-angled & straight forward)

:snake: Snake
Jab (end range)

:sonic: Sonic
None.

:toonlink: Toon Link
None.

:wario: Wario
Ftilt (up-angled, mid-end range)

:wolf: Wolf
None.

:yoshi2: Yoshi
Ftilt (up-angled)
Fsmash (up-angled, end range)

:zelda: Zelda
Utilt
Usmash (mid-end range)
Ftilt (up-angled)

:zerosuitsamus: Zero Suit Samus
Jab (1st & 2nd hits only, end range)
Utilt (end range)
Paralyzer

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
I vaguely remember crouching (or maybe crawling) under a Bowser F-Smash. Needless to say, hilarities were had.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
you can duck under pikachus tjolts if you are in the right spot.
some oddities:

gaw: his sausages

did you try marths shieldbreaker?
Eh, there are a lot of projectiles you can crouch under if you stand in just the right spot, but I figured those was common sense...... I guess I'll add them later if it's that serious.

Tried Marth's Shield Breaker.... it didn't end well for Pika. :urg:

Basically, I tried everyone's jab, tilts (all angles), smashes (all angles), dash attack, and specials.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Did you do grabs?
I did grabs for the first three or four characters, but since it looked like Pika would always get grabbed even while crouching, I stopped testing them. He also got grabbed by every "grab-like" attack (i.e., Ganon's Flame Choke, Lucario's Force Palm), so I'm assuming he's always vulnerable to grabs even when he's ducking.

Honestly, I just tested all of this for the lulz. Ducking is pretty useless since shielding is almost always better, but it's pretty funny to duck under something like Ganon's down b and watch the other player go "WTFHAX?!!!!!" I guess you could also duck and dtilt > combo someone at low percentages, but it's still really, really situational.

That being said, I think I'm gonna test SH'd and FH'd aerials.... uh. Sometime soon. If I remember.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
I did grabs for the first three or four characters, but since it looked like Pika would always get grabbed even while crouching, I stopped testing them. He also got grabbed by every "grab-like" attack (i.e., Ganon's Flame Choke, Lucario's Force Palm), so I'm assuming he's always vulnerable to grabs even when he's ducking.

Honestly, I just tested all of this for the lulz. Ducking is pretty useless since shielding is almost always better, but it's pretty funny to duck under something like Ganon's down b and watch the other player go "WTFHAX?!!!!!" I guess you could also duck and dtilt > combo someone at low percentages, but it's still really, really situational.

That being said, I think I'm gonna test SH'd and FH'd aerials.... uh. Sometime soon. If I remember.
You should test Down Taunt. From the looks of its animation, it makes Pikachu's hitbox smaller than regular ducking.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
that's great haha and just might make them approach out of anger, which leads to a cg to death :D

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
wait......duck unders d3's uptilt even when ur close?! If so that'll be very helpful.

As for marths shieldbreaker, it can hit some ppl off of ledges so it would hit pika ducking.

As for ducking grabs, it depends on the vertical range of the grab. Snake grabs even jiggs when shes crouching lol. i think pika ducks ganon's though.

I kno it may be tedious but ducking and crawling changes ur hurtbox. It may make a difference of u ducking an attack or not.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
wait......duck unders d3's uptilt even when ur close?!
Yup.

I kno it may be tedious but ducking and crawling changes ur hurtbox. It may make a difference of u ducking an attack or not.
Crawling makes your hurtbox slightly bigger because Pika lifts his tail, especially when crawling backwards. In fact, crawling is.... really not very helpful for ducking much. For instance, if you try to crawl past Falco's lasers, you'll probably get hit at some point.

EDIT: Pika gets grabbed by Ganon even while ducking, iirc. I'll double check.

EDIT #2: I had to add this picture. I just think it's funny that Pika can duck this move, lol. Makes zero sense.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
what about the back of D3's uptilt? Thats the more important one cause its normally done backwards.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Hmm, don't remember if I tested the back. I did this.... really quickly just to fill time while I had nothing to do. x.x

I'll add that with Ganon's grab on my list of things to re-test.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
also the back of the uptilt is stronger. If it ducks it, we wont have to worry about D3s airdoding to uptilt anymore and then just ROCK him afterwards lol

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
NL when you say we...do you include yourself in every character's community? lol nothing wrong with that, but I was just thinking we can be both inclusive and exclusive...

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
NL thinks he's a Pikachu. ;)

Jkjk. (You're like.... halfway from Pichu status.)

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
lol in my mind i imagined a pichu picture on one side of the exp bar with pikachu on the other, and his bar is halfway full...epic :D

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
NL when you say we...do you include yourself in every character's community? lol nothing wrong with that, but I was just thinking we can be both inclusive and exclusive...
Tryin to start something, eh?

NL thinks he's a Pikachu. ;)

Jkjk. (You're like.... halfway from Pichu status.)
You're Adorable lol <3

remember, NL mains the random button. so when he says we, he means it.
Better believe it. ?????? ALL DAI!!

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
I wonder what teaming with NL feels like.... It's like having a swiss-army knife for every situation. Double pikas... Pika + NL's lucas.... Pika + NL's G&W... Pika + NL's ANYTHING.... Hm..... the possibilities.

Pika Flame

Smash Cadet
Wait, I never knew that down taunt is even better than ducking. I've got to try that on my brother's Falco sometime. Imagine his face. Heehee.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Nope. I tested everything.

Maybe he can crouch the very outer part of jab1, but definitely not jab2 or 3.

Top Bottom