• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JJC'ing *Jab Jab Cancel* and what it is all about

Jenkins

Smash Lord
What about the JJC>Shine>BPWG? I think it may be avoidable, but it would be sweet.
shine Boost pivot grab fails at life.

whats wrong with you.

DJC boost pivot grab is basically unpunishable.

your piece of **** idea is punishable. lawl

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Light is going to do great =]

i have a tourney the same day as genesis back in t.o so i'll be watching the genesis stream and cheerin u on while i play xD

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
They're going to STREAM it? Oh God, I'm really nervous now! But also pumped! Hopefully the other LIGHT won't be there.

Thanks guys I really appreciate the support!
zomfg lol!

Light, don't be worried! You will like 3 stock everyone.

I WILL BE WATCHING GENESIS ESPECIALLY FOR YOU!!!!!

<3 Light for President!

Zhamy

Smash Champion
AWwww I wish I had that kind of support from you guys T3T
RPK, I will give you the Zhamy seal of approval. "You suck at Fox just as much as everyone else does."

Seriously, though, good luck!

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
RPK, I will give you the Zhamy seal of approval. "You suck at Fox just as much as everyone else does."

Seriously, though, good luck!
ROFL I honestly believe that Zhamy is the king of the Fox boards! Whatever he says is either hilarious or a contribution to the Fox boards or both at the same time!

Jenkins

Smash Lord
blah iwhen is genesis im gonna miss it dammit.

at grandparents til sunday

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
I think I may have found the mother of all JJC traps with fox. Ill be uploading a vid soon. It doesnt work on MK though go figure. T____T anywho ill post a link and hope its actually useful.

ninjablah

Smash Cadet
this was a great thread. its threads like these that is making fox rise to a better tier

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
Ok so heres the combo I have been working on, so far I have tested it on ROB and Oli and it works pretty well. the input for it is JJC>Grab>JJC>Grab
It's sorta a pseudo chaingrab and right after you JJC you can grab the opponent and hit them a few times, DO NOT THROW the opponent just let them wiggle out. As soon as there out START the JJC combo again, the JJC is one of the fastest moves fox has so youl be able to hit your opponent before they hit you. Now they CAN get out of it, this by no means is a new **** move but there options are limited and punishable.

Once they wiggle out of a grab Olimar can Jab and clank with your Jab (I beleive I didnt test this out too much) Olimar and also sheild your jabs before they get there. Now the good part is most likely when a person catches on to this they will stick to one of the two options. If your opponent is a jabber just pull your sheild up and punish after by grabbing, now the second time theyll be in a defensive mode and most likely sheild.

Now if your opponent is defensive and sheilds you should still be able to pull the JJC>Grab if your quick enough. Opponents that it will NOT work one for SURE that I have tested is peach, her AA is faster and out prioritizes your JJC. I haven't tested it
on the whole cast but I know it doesn't work on snake, MK, or ZSS. It does Work on DK
also though. There is a possibility of being able to input forward so that fox slides toward the opponent ever so slightly so he can JJC since MK and Snake manage to slide barely out of reach, timing for this is difficult though since you dont know when theyll break lose. Also I havent tested it extensively since Im still mastering the general JJC combos so whoever wants to have a whack at it go for it.

Zephil

Smash Ace
Ok so heres the combo I have been working on, so far I have tested it on ROB and Oli and it works pretty well. the input for it is JJC>Grab>JJC>Grab
It's sorta a pseudo chaingrab and right after you JJC you can grab the opponent and hit them a few times, DO NOT THROW the opponent just let them wiggle out. As soon as there out START the JJC combo again, the JJC is one of the fastest moves fox has so youl be able to hit your opponent before they hit you. Now they CAN get out of it, this by no means is a new **** move but there options are limited and punishable.

Once they wiggle out of a grab Olimar can Jab and clank with your Jab (I beleive I didnt test this out too much) Olimar and also sheild your jabs before they get there. Now the good part is most likely when a person catches on to this they will stick to one of the two options. If your opponent is a jabber just pull your sheild up and punish after by grabbing, now the second time theyll be in a defensive mode and most likely sheild.

Now if your opponent is defensive and sheilds you should still be able to pull the JJC>Grab if your quick enough. Opponents that it will NOT work one for SURE that I have tested is peach, her AA is faster and out prioritizes your JJC. I haven't tested it
on the whole cast but I know it doesn't work on snake, MK, or ZSS. It does Work on DK
also though. There is a possibility of being able to input forward so that fox slides toward the opponent ever so slightly so he can JJC since MK and Snake manage to slide barely out of reach, timing for this is difficult though since you dont know when theyll break lose. Also I havent tested it extensively since Im still mastering the general JJC combos so whoever wants to have a whack at it go for it.
This can be a great option to surprise the opponent... good **** Moon-Doggie

Zephil

Smash Ace
I just tried what Moon-Doggie said... it works great against some characters like link and others... you ppl should try it... is great

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
Im glad it's working out. Used it in a tourney, and it has a good surprising effect but players like Olimar can sorta DI slide away It should still work on ROB or DK considering they are fattys. I beleive Fox can Slide a little bit toward the player sorta like a Waltz where you input a directional command before your character actually registers it, thus making him slide and you open to be able to just jab, timing is hella hard though since you have to anticipate the release of the oponent. BUT Im still testing it out since I haven't even perfected the JJC yet heh.

Also, what is the Deluxe sunshine combo?

Zephil

Smash Ace
Im glad it's working out. Used it in a tourney, and it has a good surprising effect but players like Olimar can sorta DI slide away It should still work on ROB or DK considering they are fattys. I beleive Fox can Slide a little bit toward the player sorta like a Waltz where you input a directional command before your character actually registers it, thus making him slide and you open to be able to just jab, timing is hella hard though since you have to anticipate the release of the oponent. BUT Im still testing it out since I haven't even perfected the JJC yet heh.

Also, what is the Deluxe sunshine combo?
lol how you don´t know? you wrote on the thread...

Top Bottom