• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clash of Brokenness V - Where did Webster go? 5/30/09 Chicago, IL (Vid in Main Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
This is the 5th one in the series, getting close to the end and it looks like the weather is finally getting better. On top of that, so many good players are been show cased and have been making a name for themselves. I am glad I was able to do this series and get many people interested and hope everyone keeps having fun times at these events. ^_^

See if you can find Webster in the video.... =p

Two more tournaments left after this. June 27th is the next one and the Championships is on July 25-26... July 24 is my b-day so I might just have a big party at my place before the Event.... XD

When: May 30th, 2009

Where:
Screenz
2717 N Clark St
Chicago, IL 60614-1502
(773) 296-0300

Fees:

Venue - $7

Free - If you bring a Full Set Up, TV, System, and Game

Super Smash Brothers Brawl Singles/Doubles - $10 Per Person/$20 Per Team
All Other Tournaments - $5 Per Person

Tournament Schedule:

10AM-12PM - Doors Open and Casual Play

11AM - Early Registration & Brawl Doubles Sign ups

12PM - Brawl Doubles & Naruto Shippuuden EX 3 Start

1PM - Melee Starts

2PM - Street Fighter 4 & Brawl Singles Pools & Naruto Revolution 2 Start

3PM - Suggoi! Arcana Heart 2 Starts

4PM - Tatsunoko vs Capcom & Naruto GNT 4 & Naruto Accel 2 Starts

5PM - HD Remix Starts

5pm-6PM - Brawl Singles Brackets Starts

If Time Allows:

Super Smash Brothers 64 Singles - Rules will be posted later

Super Smash Brothers Brawl Low Tier - Rules will be posted later

King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match - Rules will be posted later

Capcom vs SNK 2 - Rules will be posted later

** = Championship Points Will Be Awarded!

Tournament Organizers/Runners

Dark Kakashi - Street Fighter 4 Singles, Suggoi! Arcana Heart 2, HD Remix, All Naruto

Devildigimon - Brawl Singles/Doubles, All Naruto, Capcom vs SNK 2, KoF 2K2UM

Zjiin - Melee Singles/Doubles

MachinegunNorm - Brawl Singles/Doubles

This is the tentative line up at this moment. I will update it as time goes by.

Also, because of new Sponsors, we will be awarding Trophies yet again for this month's tournament.

Trophies will be Awarded for the following games:

Super Smash Brothers Brawl Singles

Super Smash Brothers Melee Singles

Super Smash Brothers Brawl Doubles

There might be another tournament getting a Trophy as well, we will see which one of the remaining tournaments will the Sponsor decide to award a Trophy for. ^_^

Once again, please bring Set-Ups, if we use your Set Up for ANY Tournament, you will get your Venue Fee waived! Better to have extra Set Ups than be low on Set Ups!

Hope to see you guys at the end of May for another fun event! ^_^

There will be a Live Stream for both Brawl and Melee Tournaments!

ook

Smash Lord
Yes! I love these. :bee:

I'm gonna wear my good shirt this time! To ward off the bad luck I've been having. :embarrass

Hopefully I don't get shot.

edit: oooo trophies.
edit2: if anyone reads this, is my sig showing up? V I don't see it, but maybe it's just my computer.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Yeah ook, I predict you get Top 3 this time, Donkey is going wild this time! O_O!

I will also be uploading the pictures of the trophies as soon as I get them. Should be fun and for the first time a Doubles tourney will be getting a trophy as well, one for each teammate. ^_^

Probably cause you did a quick reply, you might need to edit and click on the box to show your signature, if that doesn't help, then I have no clue. o_O;

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
oh lord...:laugh:

my real name is Webster.

in case people didn't know that. :p

okay i'ma post a tournament, within a tournament. so for you soul calibur/tekken fans....listen up:

Alright, let's start with the general info.

The following is information on the regionals tournament venue and contact information:

Address: 2717 N Clark St Chicago, IL 60614-1502
Contact: Devildigimon (Webster Snow Jr.) and Dark Kakashi (Mike A.)
Phone: 262-456-0436 (Webster) / 773-540-6347
Email: webstersnowjr@yahoo.com (Webster) / darkkakashi@gmail.com (Mike A.)

Alright. This is a new thread because the people that actually are gonna run SC4 regionals in Chicago, need to have access to the first post. This isn't gonna be just some boring *** regional. This is gonna be freaking EPIC!!!

DO YHA ALL UNDERSATND...LOLZ!!! :)

K, main tournament T.O's for this event will be the following:

* Me - Webster Snow Jr aka Devildigimon
* Mike A. aka Dark Kakashi
* Damien aka Thugish Pond

And if Phil aka NeoShinji actually shows up...hell, he can do whatever he wants :)

Venue Fee: $7 (hopefully this doesn't change)

We will be using National Guidelines for the regionals tournament. But we also have some surprises in store after regionals is finished (Those will be posted below)

Games ran, entry fee, and tournament time schedule:

- Registration for all tournament games @ 10:30 AM

- SC4 Chicago Regionals Tournament/Entry Fee - $20 @ 12:00 NOON (we will run regionals until it is done. there will be NO restriction of time available at the venue. that being said...no other tournament will be ran UNTIL regionals is completed)

- Soul Calibur 4 (non regional/cash prize)/Entry Fee - $10 & Soul Calibur 2/Entry Fee - $5 @ 5:00 PM (this is NOT SET IN STONE! this is just a time we'd like to get it started. Regionals take priority over everything else)

- Soul Calibur 2: "B" Button is Banned!!!/Entry Fee - $5 & Soul Calibur 3 (Version TBD)/Entry Fee - $5 & Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection/Entry Fee - $5 @ 8:00 PM (see "brackets" for SC2 tournament)

Rules for all these tournaments are listed below:

* SC4 Chicago Regionals

The following is information on regional conduct rules, rules for SC4, Prizes to be won, and etc.:

Mind you - most, if not all, of this information was takin directly from the "Regional Event Guideline" thread found on this site. Link is available below.

http://www.8wayrun.com/f51/sc4-regional-event-guidelines-t117/

Regional Brackets will be completely randomized. This means NO floating, skipping, changing and/or rearranging brackets FOR ANY REASON. Random means random. If you have to play your best friend in the 1st round (you probably won’t, but…) be prepared to do so. If any coordinator is caught floating friends or players of note, the player(s) involved will be eliminated from the tournament on the spot.

Remember folks, competitive fighting games is cut throat. There are no friends in trying to make it to the top while trying to slaughter the competition

Players who entered once tournament brackets have been finalized, will NOT get a refund if they have to leave or decide they do not want to play the duration of their games.

So come prepared to tough it out!!!

Prize Breakdown for Regionals:

-1st - Awarded 1st place qualifying seeding for Nationals and round trip plane ticket to Nationals

-2nd - Awarded 2nd place qualifying seeding for Nationals

-3rd - Awarded 3rd place qualifying seeding for Nationals

-4th - Awarded 4th place qualifying seeding for Nationals

Rules for play in non-online Regionals:

-Tournaments will be played on ps3 and all legal ps3/ps2 peripherals may be used.

-Double elimination brackets

-Each round player match-up, is best 2 of 3 matches, 3 of 5 rounds

-Semi-finals in winners are best 3 of 5 matches, Grand Finals are 4 of 7 matches

-Default time, life bar, soul gauge, weapons, outfits (no customs due to devices used)

-No CAS characters allowed.

-Both Yoda and Algol are banned

-Winner of a match in set play may NOT switch characters. Loser of a match may switch character after loss ONLY. (Blind character selection available at start of match at request of player directly to person(s) running their bracket).

-Stage selection is random (pending any bannable stages).

-Single & multi-button binding allowed, must be changed (to your liking) before match and back to default after match.

-Players who go missing or fail to show up when their name is called 3 times for a match, are automatically eliminated. if you are unable to make your match for whatever reason- you MUST contact the tournament coordinator and explain why and see if anything can be done. No refunds will be issued once brackets are finalized.

-Pausing in match results in automatic LOSS of round. No exceptions!

-Peripheral failure, malfunction or system resetting by manual input DURING a match, results in LOSS of match. Use your own peripherals at YOUR OWN RISK, we will not be held accountable for buttons not working, being mapped wrong or any other malfunction. Test it before match or do not use it if you fear it may experience failure.

-System freezing or game freezing DURING a match will result in a replay of MATCH it took place in. Signal lag, frame rate loss or disk skipping does not constitute freezing, and players will continue matches in those scenarios at Tournament directors discretion.

-There can be no 1st place splits, ties or ‘no contest’ happenings at Regionals. If the first and second place players do not wish to play, their match will be decided by coin flip. But players WILL be urged to play ALL of their matches, despite playing friends. In the National’s finals ALL players must play their entire match-sets until a victor is declared. Refusal to play seriously will result in ELIMINATION at regiona director's discretion.

STOP BEING "SOFT" AND FIGHT **** IT!!!

-In the result of a draw in match: If a fight ends in a draw, it counts as a win for BOTH players. If it was 0-0, it is now 1-1… if it was 1-0, it is now 2-1 and the match is over. If it is 1-1, it is now 2-2, and an extra match will need to be played to break the tie.

-All infinites found will be banned. Not resest!

So yeah guys pretty standard info there. Come and go for broke!!! :)

.......................................................................................................................................................................

* Soul Calibur 4 (non regional/cash prize)

Same format/rules as regionals, except Yoda IS allowed. Loser may change character or stage, but NEVER both. And there is cash pay outs for the following:

1st: 70%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 10%

.......................................................................................................................................................................

* Soul Calibur 2

- ran on ps2 console

Double Elimination
3/5 rounds
default time
100% handicap
2/3 matches winners/losers - bracket
3/5 matches winners/losers/grand - finals (no exceptions)
Heihachi is banned. ALL other chaacters are legal.
Button mapping allowed.
All game breaking glitches except 2g after g.i and glitches that cause throw infinites are banned
First stage is always random
Winner keeps character, loser may change character or stage BUT NEVER BOTH.

* Soul Calibur 2: "B" Button is BANNED

Same format/rules for Soul Calibur 2 except...

YOUZ CAN'T USE TEH "B" BUTTON...AT ALL LOLZ!!!!

Q: Can I throw with "B"?
A: No

Q: Can I use "B" in the middle of my default dail combos (i.e: taki's b,a ~ PO or a,b,4b+k)?
A: Nope

Q: Can I tech roll with "B"?
A: Hell Nah!!!

You can't use "B" for anything, at all, whatsoever, period! Hell you can't even have "B" available in your controller settings! If you are caught using the "B" button at all in your match, you forfiet the ENTIRE MATCH....yes, it's that serious! We're really gonna separate the pro players fom the scrubs...lol!

* Soul Calibur 3 (Version: TBD)

- ran on ps2 console

Double Elimination
3/5 rounds
default time
100% handicap
Custom Characters are banned. ALL other chaacters are legal.
Button mapping allowed.
All game breaking glitches (VC and etc.) except g22 after g.i and glitches that cause throw infinites are banned
First stage is always random (every stage will be allowed)

* Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection

- ran on ps3 console

Double Elimination
3/5 rounds
default time
100% handicap
Mokujin and Jinpachi are banned.
Button mapping allowed if opponent agrees. if opponent doesn't, will decide with coin flip.
First stage is always random

Alright, I think that's about it. If you read this entire post, I seriously thank you! But please keep in mind that something could always change. But this is about the "jist" of it lol. I hope to see the surrounding states make it to this soon to be - amazing event. I'm really looking forward to it.

Any questions or concerns post up or shoot me an e-mail.

THANKS!!!

Webster Snow Jr.
hopefully some of yous can make it...:)

metroid1117

Smash Master
I just might be able to come to this... I'll see after APs are over; I'll let you know within a week or so of the tournament. If I can come, I'll try my best to bring a setup and (maaaaaaybe) recording equipment.

GMo

Smash Apprentice
Was wondering if there will be any Smashfests/Tournaments in the Chicago area in early-mid August. I'll be in town.

If there is one of these I'll most likely be able to go.

Zicore

Smash Champion
I wanna beat some people in street fighter 4. But college is done after the 13th...I might have to come down and visit that weekend then...

Meneks

Smash Lord
"getting close to the end"...How many is there going to be?
And if melee was anything like it was at t he 4th one I am definately going

Xyless

Smash Master
I'm going for Brawls singles, Melee singles, and 64 singles at least.

Not sure about Brawls doubles, but if I do that, hopefully my dream team will finally be seen.

Scythe

Smash Master
Brawl and Melee singles. Maybe SF4 if Raid gets his 360 back so i can actually play.

Zicore

Smash Champion
what system is sf4 being played on? Cause if its not ps3, I cannot participate.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Draft Crews would just need two captains, or Seed Crews would be based on tourney results. Also, predetermined crews will be allowed to face against each other.

Quaz

Smash Master
I'm actually coming to this and will probably just go to these from now on and not many other tourneys.

:ike: Prepare yourself, my Peach is equal of skill to BO X7. :peach:

Xyless

Smash Master
I'll definitely do low tier brawl singles (:olimar:) but I'm not sure if I can force myself to low tier melee (slap in the face of my "amazing" :mewtwo:)

Wafles

Smash Lord
I'll definitely do low tier brawl singles (:olimar:) but I'm not sure if I can force myself to low tier melee (slap in the face of my "amazing" :mewtwo:)
Olimar isn't low tier, lol...he's tied for 10th overall on the tier list.

Low tier should be tier E, F, and G only. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom