• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Discussion & Character Rankings

Browny

Smash Hater
If DDD is facing a wall, dont run into him? delfino/PS1 is fine. 8 minute timer gives you MORE than enough time to simply sit back and wait for the stage to change. CG them on a wall to 999% for as far as i care lol. not that it matters since the stage will change well before then, and you should know better than to simply walk into it. you wouldnt try to camp a wall against an MK who knows how to dtilt... dont do it to ddd :p

also LMAO @ sieg.

Not every character is packing a disjointed hitbox like ZSS side b. MK's dtilt outranges just about everything in the game hahaha. Tornado has more range than the turtle and his dashgrab also has the most range of any.

Go and watch any video of M2K and youll see why hes top tier lol, outranging and being able to camp him doesnt mean anything if you cant actually hit him...

Sieg

Smash Champion
I thought all forms of Wall chain grab were banned? I mean, that's half the reason those stages are taken from the stage list, because there is some form of wall chain grab in them.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Doesn't mean the character made them good. Chris is proficient with many other characters.

I know Chris is good because he's Chris, not because of what character he plays.

I haven't seem Cobalt play though, so I couldn't say anything about him.

ACCELERATE

Smash Lord
Michael you probably have the least brawl knowledge here out of everyone. You have entered maybe 1 or 2 tournaments and think one of the disadvantages mk has is that "he is easily outranged". Anything you say is null and void.

Close this stupid thread. Its not like 35 pages of yes and no are going to change anything. Its going to stay the same no matter what anybody says.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Calling my knowledge into question when you don't even know what I've been doing for the past couple of weeks is pretty invalid lol.

Besides, other than calling my arguement "null and void", you've said nothing that brings it into question.

I've completely changed my view of Brawl so before you come at me with you're elitist agenda, I'd suggest you look more into what's been happening outside of you're box.

This thread is valid because it allows us to discuss things about the game, if you feel like it's useless then just don't post.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
@djbrowny: there are some parts with walkoffs and walls on both sides. you basically have to run from the biggest grabrange in the game for 30seconds. its stupid and can be difficult to avoid.

@accel: chris was recently dethroned. and cobalt has a beastly snake and falco and doesnt seem to play anymore anyway.

Browny

Smash Hater
no one got dethroned...

its not like chris was on a long streak of national tourney wins or anything.

btw DDD has the slowest aerial movement and i think 5th slowest ground speed. its actually quite easy to run away from him for 30 seconds. Sure its stupid and DDD is gay, but so are a lot of things in brawl lol (lucario fsmash :p). Snakes massive vulnerability to this shouldnt be a factor, if snake is too slow to avoid the DDD grab for 30 seconds, then theres nothing else to it...

also if u have probs with ddd just pick olimar hahahaha

Attila_

BRoomer
@djbrowny: actually oli is my second and i use him as necessary. unfortunately this doesnt help when someone is cping me...

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
-I think it would be more realistic to not view anyone in Australia as being 'the king' or 'number one' or whatever. There just haven't been anyone who has been on top constantly nationwide, let alone for the majority of the states ever from memory.

-Also Ryan, I want to find out more about why you think MK is so broken. I really can't think of how you can be so firm in your stance since we hardly have any MKs in QLD for you to form an opinion on

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
All this talk is silly. Tournament organisers get the final call anyway. And I ain't banning ****. Only placing the teams and crews restriction on him. Metaknight's too cute to ban, rite? :< Well maybe when Chris plays him <3

You guys should be focusing on how to make crap characters like Peach and Woxy more tournament worthy. I am so good at this game and only get 5th/7th. Ballz.....

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
-I would work on peach, but after I brawlgasmed after seeing Bryan do triple dair --> fair, I just sat back in amazement =) [Even though all that stuff came from you Cao haha]

-But yeah, maybe I'll play more pikachu, and expand the australia character scene that way

Attila_

BRoomer
if i played with him a bit more my oli would be more than happy to rock the tournament scene. as would my zss and lucas :)

but i enjoy snake too much hehe

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Someone dethrone me from Melee please i've been sitting on this throne for ages and my *** hurts

Forte4Tei

Smash Apprentice
Wow, Zoot Suit Riot pun LOL

"Australia Ban Meta Knight"? Iono...

Also I want rules on the usage of Random character.

Like... if I cancel a stage when randoming the stage cuz I got a bad matchup / bad synergy with the stage, what are the rules with that?

I got like evil tactics and stuff with random... you know....

I LAG

Smash Lord
pika is the most broken character on FD with the ****ING BULL**** CAMPING!!!
all pika does is qac, thunder shock, qac, thunder shock, qac, thunder shock, qac, thunder shock, qac, thunder shock, qac, thunder shock, qac, thunder shock, qac, thunder shock, qac, thunder shock, qac, thunder shock, qac, thunder shock, qac, thunder shock, qac, thunder shock, qac, thunder shock, qac, thunder shock, qac, thunder shock,
now ur on 90% time to qac nair you and if you dont die u get thunder ledge guarded to death.

Zero

Smash Hero
Throw back a bottle of beer!

Not my pun, sadly, it's too good. Normally you can cancel the stage, depends on the TO though.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
lol whats all this talk about banning MK? jei has already said that he's not banning MK from stigma regardless of what the SBR says XDXD

so i guess if they do ban him, MK mains from around the world will come here to play lololol

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
-You guys aren't meant to say how cheap pikachu is, you're supposed to be like, 'Oh, that'd be a good idea if more people played him, he is soooo underused, it'd be really great!'

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
-You guys aren't meant to say how cheap pikachu is, you're supposed to be like, 'Oh, that'd be a good idea if more people played him, he is soooo underused, it'd be really great!'
This is pretty much my argument for not banning MK as well. Sure he's a disturbingly good character, but not enough people in Australia dominate enough with him to deem him "broken" here. In fact, I see MK numbers gradually decreasing around here anyway. Whats the point of banning MK when we only have a few notable MK users anyway? I'd like to see more Meta Knight mains actually win before I can change my views.

Browny

Smash Hater
pikachu is small and yellow. Lucario is clearly the superior pokemon.

Also lol @ the direction of this thread now. kinda pointless really if u wanna debate MK the tactical boards thread is the place to go :/

I LAG

Smash Lord
pika is really good.
we want him to stay underused.
imo everyone should main link.
it would make it alot easier for me to win tourneys
:chuckle:

mk isn't even broken if you happen to main one of the characters that doesn't have a 35/65 or worse match up against him. imo d3 is the most broken character in the game
1. he lives over 150%
2. he kills on 40%
3. he has the strongest f-smash and dash attack in the game
4. CHAIN GRABBING!!!
5. insta win on dk and others coz of number 4^
6. waddle dees or what ever they are called help prevent him from being camped
7. suicide move!!! and its so easy to do
8. long grab range
9. lots of long ranged attacks and some fast attacks like the d-tilt and bair
10. pro gimper with the bair
11. high damaging moves
12. high knock back moves

i might of repeated my self but d3 is the most broken character in the game and if you take mk out of the game d3 has no major weakness like mks dash attack > nado > nado > nado > nado > nado > nado > nado > nado > d-smash.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Heh, enough of this.

I think we can conclude this for now (really short, but I can't see much else new being brought up):

1. Meta Knight isn't a problem now, so we do not need to ban him.
2. Meta Knight is not reducing character diversity in Australia, nor is the Australian metagame heavily affected by him. (lol more people r like GOTTA BEAT MARF)
3. Tournament organisers are the ones making the call here.
i) Melbourne and QLD are seemingly not going to be banning him soon.
ii) Sydney/NSW probably won't (I won't), tedeth/luke are most likely complacent for the time being [whilst being opinionated that MK is broken]
iii) Perth and Adelaide are unknown, yet Perth is most likely not to have its tournaments MK banned (Perth would prefer to ban Toon Link :p). Adelaide is eh.
4. Meta Knight has some serious issues. Some are probably of the opinion that even if he isn't used/abused to any broken extent here, the 'potential' should be banned.

~ People wanting Meta banned? Pick up Meta.
~ People don't want Meta banned? Do what you're doing now; doesn't seem to be a need of action <3

Also, we don't need to be talking about other characters here.

topic closed?

I LAG

Smash Lord
i think we need to consider banning squirtle or people could copy toby and abuse his high tier brokenness.
i think we need a new topic this mk topic is finished.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Talking about a new unified Australian rule set maybe.

BUT, forming an agreement could be hard.

Especially if people are like, MKS WORST NEUTRAL IS FINAL D, SO IT SHOULDNT BE NEUTRAL, IT SHOULD BE A COUNTER PICK.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
It's worth a shot, Shaya. Just get the basic thing done youself, then have the intelligent people give their input, etc.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I think snake is the best

1. he's snake
2. up tilt
3. he can singlehandedly destroy metal gears
4. he's related to liquid, and we all know how hard it is to kill liquid
5. nades
6. every single move except for upB is a kill move
7. tech chasing
8. 3rd heavist overall chatacter and has a super recovery
9. has so many conterpick levels that you cant ban them all
10. only really has one weak level that you can still use to your advantage
11. can kill even at like 0% (corneria stick a c4 and then upthrow/ up tilt and explode it)
12. is a clone of the worlds best soldier
13. has an awesome voice actor
14. is the only character anywhere ever to make a mullet look good.
15. 100 other reasons that I cant be bothered to put down

I LAG

Smash Lord
Talking about a new unified Australian rule set maybe.

BUT, forming an agreement could be hard.

Especially if people are like, MKS WORST NEUTRAL IS FINAL D, SO IT SHOULDNT BE NEUTRAL, IT SHOULD BE A COUNTER PICK.
imo we should just copy all is brawls rules exactly.

edit: luke
i agree
that snake is the best
but only when mk is not banned
but if mk got banned then
d3 would be the best.

Sieg

Smash Champion
I think snake is the best

1. he's snake
2. up tilt
3. he can singlehandedly destroy metal gears
4. he's related to liquid, and we all know how hard it is to kill liquid
5. nades
6. every single move except for upB is a kill move
7. tech chasing
8. 3rd heavist overall chatacter and has a super recovery
9. has so many conterpick levels that you cant ban them all
10. only really has one weak level that you can still use to your advantage
11. can kill even at like 0% (corneria stick a c4 and then upthrow/ up tilt and explode it)
12. is a clone of the worlds best soldier
13. has an awesome voice actor
14. is the only character anywhere ever to make a mullet look good.
15. 100 other reasons that I cant be bothered to put down
I'm going to have to agree with this due to my massively orgasmic love for Metal Gear and all things associated to it.

Needs more Grey Fox.

DACUS is crazy bull**** lol.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
like I said, 100 other reasons.
grey fox is pwn, fighting hand to hand with snake in a minefield.
only rambo can compare to that

Sieg

Smash Champion
The reason Grey Fox is better than Rambo, is because he can take on Metal Gear, without an arm. And STILL hold it up.

Why are Metal Gear characters so god **** manly, we need more of them in Brawl.

And they shall be put in the Manliness tier.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
and lets not forget all the stuff snake did in the new cutscenes put into the twin snakes. no wonder grenades are so broken in brawl, he can throw one into the barrel on a tank cannon from 100 meters away.

Top Bottom