• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texture and Vertex Hack Database & How-to Thread

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
hey just a quick question. To get a custom pic with the chacracter textures, do I need to put the TARGA file in and name it the same as the tecture file, ie FitFox00. Just wonderd cuz im getting alot of targa files with my textures and just dont know how to format them.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
anybody know how i can get the TARGA files to work????maybe u Zucco? what if i gave u a pk hug?

Qarano

Smash Cadet
I made a texture for bridge of eldin that had it set in daylight instead of twilight. I saved it as STGOLDIN.PCS in pf/stage/melee, and it didn't replace the texture. What did I do wrong?

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I'm feeling really dumb. I'm working with a simple color hack for Red Alloy (I swapped the green and blue channels, making him brownish instead of purplish).

I replaced the file in BrawlBox (0.62b), saved to FitZakoBoy01.pac (to test and see if an alternate color would load for the Alloys). When it didn't, I figured that it would always try to load 00.

Problem shows up when I renamed it to FitZakoBoy00.pac. It still isn't replacing the disk's file.

The file replacement code works, as it's playing Let's Brawl! in Cruel Brawl.

I have the file in RSBE\pf\fighter\zakoboy\FitZakoBoy00.pac.

BrawlBox generated a palette for the texture I'm trying to replace, and while it may not be in the same places, it should still work.

Where am I going wrong?

Buuman

Smash Ace
3. Open code manager and get one of the codes below (based on your region, PAL, NTSC, or NTSC-J) and set up your .gct (If you don't know how to do this, just ask someone in the thread, I'm sure they can help! Or you can just create a text file and import it into the code manager).

This is where I got lost. I downloaded the code manager, but I'm not sure what to do next.

camzy

Smash Journeyman
3. Open code manager and get one of the codes below (based on your region, PAL, NTSC, or NTSC-J) and set up your .gct (If you don't know how to do this, just ask someone in the thread, I'm sure they can help! Or you can just create a text file and import it into the code manager).

This is where I got lost. I downloaded the code manager, but I'm not sure what to do next.
Make a code in codemanager.

Click "Add Code" and copy and paste the FPC code of your region into it.

Save it as a .gct and put it in the codes folder in your SD card.

Buuman

Smash Ace
Make a code in codemanager.

Click "Add Code" and copy and paste the FPC code of your region into it.

Save it as a .gct and put it in the codes folder in your SD card.
Alright thanks. Also, how do I know which code to use? I know it's based on region, but how exactly to I find out?

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Where did you purchase your wii from?

RSBE is North America/NTSC

RSBP is Pal/Europe

camzy

Smash Journeyman
Alright thanks. Also, how do I know which code to use? I know it's based on region, but how exactly to I find out?
You're from the States right?

If so, you're lucky. There are many more codes for NTSC-U (American Wiis) than any other.

It also has the most updated FPC 3.5.1 which allows custom stages, textures and music.

Buuman

Smash Ace
Well, I'm a bit computer ********. After highlighting and copying the code, I went into code manager, clicked add code or comment, then it asked for the name of it. I just called it NTSC-U
I don't think the code I copied is in there though :/

camzy

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm a bit computer ********. After highlighting and copying the code, I went into code manager, clicked add code or comment, then it asked for the name of it. I just called it NTSC-U
I don't think the code I copied is in there though :/
The name of the code doesn't really matter.

Though it's good to organise so you know what code is what. I'd name it File Patch Replacement Code v3.5.1 [Phantom Wings] but whatever helps you remember.

There's a huge box where you can paste the code, so just stick it there in full.

Save your file as a txt file and export to gct. The gct has to be named RSBE01.gct.

You can always add codes. There are loads of really nice ones around. Get Brawl+ or Balanced Brawl txt files to check out their codesets.

Jupz

Smash Master
Well my textures didn't work. I downloaded the tux dedede and one of the MK textures and made the folders in the private/wiii/app thing. i copied the .psc of the dedede and MK into the MK and DDD folder and put 00 at the end of the dedede one so it was tuxdedede00.psc and the MK one was something similar with 05 at the end. but i put them into gecko and it didn't work? they just have the normal textures. are you supposed to get a code for the textures?

Andarel

Smash Apprentice
the "tuxdedede" is just a placeholder name. What you really want is broken up like this:
Fit - The texture file identifier. Dunno why.
Character - The name Brawl uses to recognize the character. Dedede is dedede, but some characters are different (ROB is "Robot," for example).
## - The number of the texture you want to replace.

Meaning, to replace a Dedede texture you need to replace it with Tux's .pcs file, rename it something like FitDedede05.pcs (I don't think that's a team color...may be wrong though. Tux isn't team-legit, meh.), and put it in private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/dedede/ on your SD card.

camzy

Smash Journeyman
Well my textures didn't work. I downloaded the tux dedede and one of the MK textures and made the folders in the private/wiii/app thing. i copied the .psc of the dedede and MK into the MK and DDD folder and put 00 at the end of the dedede one so it was tuxdedede00.psc and the MK one was something similar with 05 at the end. but i put them into gecko and it didn't work? they just have the normal textures. are you supposed to get a code for the textures?
You're violating like 5 must do rules for texture hacking.

1. Every texture is named Fit(Character Name - Sometimes different to original)##
2. It goes in the directory private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\(Character name taken from list in lower case)
3. You need the file patch replacement code for them to work. Get it from the first page and make a .gct out of it with code manager.
4. Character textures are always .pcs and sometimes need a .pac too.
5. Stage textures and PSA characters are always .pacs.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Read the guide, it explains everything.

Jupz

Smash Master
You're violating like 5 must do rules for texture hacking.

1. Every texture is named Fit(Character Name - Sometimes different to original)##
2. It goes in the directory private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\(Character name taken from list in lower case)
3. You need the file patch replacement code for them to work. Get it from the first page and make a .gct out of it with code manager.
4. Character textures are always .pcs and sometimes need a .pac too.
5. Stage textures and PSA characters are always .pacs.

I did all these except the first one lol.

But thanks anyway. Btw I'm PAL so why do I have to have RSBE don't I put RSBP?

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Jiggs with the sleeping cap can't be retextured or replaced for some reason.
I'm not sure anyone knows why.
Sleeping Cap Jiggs can be retextured fine so long as its still Sleeping Cap Jiggs. Basically, you can only use textures for that spot as long as the base for the texture was sleeping cap Jigglypuff. Santapuff exists afterall.

It is appearantly because Sleeping Cap Jigglypuff is a different model than her other textures.

BaconLegs

Smash Journeyman
Sleeping Cap Jiggs can be retextured fine so long as its still Sleeping Cap Jiggs. Basically, you can only use textures for that spot as long as the base for the texture was sleeping cap Jigglypuff. Santapuff exists afterall.

It is appearantly because Sleeping Cap Jigglypuff is a different model than her other textures.
Oh thanks, I always wondered about that...:chuckle:

Aeon70

Smash Rookie
What ?!

Omg Sonic's texture is glitched :eek:

Joke! It's just Ashura the Hedgehog my first custom texture :lick: .

Rowland

Smash Rookie
PLEASE HELP
(sorry if this problem has already been asked about/solved)
I CANT SAVE MY TEXTURE WORK =(
first i was using paint.net, which continually yielded an "indexed palette" failure
now i have photoshop and a get a new error msg. yay.
it reads both:
"TCVerifyLists: unable to open file (so & so) for read"
and "Error, the image you provided isnt valid"

WTF?
i follow steps to the letter in everything i read/watch on youtube to the letter. it simply seems that when i do it, it doesn't work.
SO, i would LOVE for someone to step-by-step walk me through creating a new texture so that i can go on with my life.. PLEASE & thank you

Top Bottom