• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario vs. DK EXPORT

Timbers

check me out
Donkey Kong

Matchup:

45:55

General info:

Lucario's lingering hitboxes are a royal pain, and once he gets in he can do some damage, DKs also have to approach, though your camp game isn't some incredible matchup breaking thing. also the AS off the stage is annoying if I forget to save my jump. Also, dk has major problems getting down, which I never see ANYONE mention, even though it's like 50% of the match.

Luc has a very good juggle game on DK, it's just hard for him to get momentum going against a character that can wall even better than he can.
What to avoid:

- DK's down+b prevents excessive rolling. It also rivals the range of your forward smash.
- DK's up tilt can swat away most aerial approaches. If you are just falling from above, your dair should beat it if your timing is good.
- DK's grounded up+b is brutal. It is relatively safe and can super-armor your aura spheres or forward smashes.
How to win:

Hmm this is a wierd matchup. Imo playing a mixed aggressive lucario is good here. I rarely charge aura sphere up against DK's but mainly use it to interrupt his moves and change the momentum of a match, althought I sometimes use it to kill at higher percents. The reason I play aggressivly against DK is because imo DK becomes far easier when you have momentum in the matchup and control of the stage. Its combo heaven against DK but be careful of his back air, and on the ground he has a pretty good grab range (I think) also the range on his tilts and down b is large. Usually I pressure with Aura sphere and when I can get inside his tilt range I just go all out. A kinda effective way to kill is to throw him offstage, use a few fairs to push him out, usually he will use his Up b a little early instead of trying to grab the ledge it will go onstage. Punish with a smash.
you have to mix up a lot and let dk approach. roll backwards when possible to punish. use mid sized aura spheres within a safe distance. Always space as well as you can bc dk will usually kill you at 100% everytime. it is never safe to roll on the other side of a dk. only roll away. dair is your best friend in this match and so is fair approaches to fair-nair followup with something else or if you dont fell confident just fair then dair.Charged As's will also destroy dk's airdodge. :)

Helpful tips:

Well my two cents for now is to watch it for DK's ledge attack when he is under 100%. It is incredibly fast and covers a massive range, essentially if he grabs the edge, give him his space if you are going to try to punish him as he gets up.
BEWARE DK'S LEDGEHOP UPB ON YOSHIS

If DK ledgehops an upb onto a slope, he becomes invincible during the attack.
The same can be said about his up+B when he goes off a platform just as it starts. He gets super armor for the duration of the attack.

Stages:

Normally, DK really loves Luigi's Mansion and Yoshi's Island, but Lucario has his own perks on both stages. Yoshi's might still be to DK's advantage, though.

Disclaimer: This thread is made for the sole purpose of keeping matchup discussing clean and organized. If people wish to discuss a past matchup, they may do so in this thread without cluttering the current discussion.

Top Bottom