• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario's Banana->D-air Lock

L-T!

Smash Apprentice
So I was messing around with Lucario when Diddy Kong threw out a banana, which I immedietly grabbed. What ended up happening was me short hopping above him and throwing it down and immedietly doing a downair. What ended up happening was I would trip him and give him damage with the banana, then he would trip and when I did my downair I caught the banana and he got damaged from the downair. I found you can do this repeatedly, but that was on a computer. I need someone to test this out on a real player. If this works then it is definitely broken, and should be spammed as often as possible.

Someone should test this out and get back to me on the results. I'm not sure if someone else has discovered this already, I just thought I'd post it before I forgot about it.

Trela

Smash Lord
Lucario has a Single Naner Lock on Diddy lol it's funneh. I dunno if it actually works though.

Just thought I'd let my Lucario bros know ;P

=Trela=

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Diddy should be able to to DI out of that, but who knows? Some willing person, please test this. This is one of my worse matchups and.....don't get my hopes up for nothing:urg:

Nubsta5

Smash Cadet
I could see this working if you space the front side of Luc well enough to not hit the second hit of dair, but I could also see it being so impossibly hard to setup against Diddy, that it won't actually be useful.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
Diddy should be able to to DI out of that, but who knows? Some willing person, please test this. This is one of my worse matchups and.....don't get my hopes up for nothing:urg:
I know it's possible to SDI out of dair, but I can't tell just by reading the description if that makes any kind of difference at all... Still, this would be nice if it works considering all the people who main/second Diddy in our state... :p

tedward2000

Smash Champion
On a computer?
Until this is tested with video proof. Alpha says its doesnt work.
So its a no go so far.
-t2

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It is very simple really:

nana hits Diddy > trip > Dair (that catches nana) > ... after Dair nothing else is guaranteed because Diddy goes aerial and another nana hit while being in the air doesn't cause tripping, so nothing else is guaranteed.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
What if you dair in the direction to where the naner landed. That would mean he would slip once again. But I seriously doubt that it works.

Top Bottom