• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Moveset Discussion: Uair

Yosheon

Smash Cadet
His u-air is awesome. I like to use my u-air right after falling through a platform since it usually hits my opponent after their failed attempt to attack me close-ranged. This attack is the main reason why Delphino Plaza, Halberd, and Norfair are wonderful since Yoshi can come from under the stage and the platforms.

I don't care much about the stale moves negation thing, so I use u-air frequently.

Metatitan

Smash Master
best killing move, great combo move, using it like wario's uair is a good option, and of course the best two options for it are tossing an egg to bait an airdodge and uairing them, or just jumping up to bait an airdodge and rising uair to punish

Depster

Smash Champion
best killing move, great combo move, using it like wario's uair is a good option, and of course the best two options for it are tossing an egg to bait an airdodge and uairing them, or just jumping up to bait an airdodge and rising uair to punish
YES!

I like to short up a fast falled UAir for KOs, too, because people seem to love letting down their shields for idk what reason when I short hop over them. I guess they are trying to grab and the Uair beats it out since I fast fall it? It feels like it gets way more leftover heavy armor from the second jump than any other aerial, too.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Uair *****. It's Yoshi's best kill move. No exceptions.

Quick, has amazing range, kills early, it's great for mindgames and approaching, and punishing.

auroreon

Smash Ace
One of Yoshis best moves, and his very best method of killing.
Its incredibly quick, his fastest aerial by loads so this is you should all by momentum canceling with. The speed in which is comes out also helps to compensate for predictability.
The trick to this move is finding inventive and unexpected ways to get it in for the kill, as anyone worth your time in Brawl will see obvious attempts to kill with this a mile away and AD it. A nice way to actually counter them ADing it is to follow them down in the air, if you can fall with them as they AD you can just Uair again to punish it.
Here are a few ways I like to supprise the opponant with it...
Firstly, a SH Uair is easy to see but delaying the Uair untill u are JUST above the ground can be a nice way to catch them off guard as most opponants are going to be expecting you to Uair straight away, this is also a good way to kill grounded opponants with the Uair.
The Uair also goes through and hits the opponant through the bottom of the ledge on many stages such as Norfair and Smashville, just make your you can get back to the ledge and don't get trapped under the stage.
A really nice way to supprise with Uair that I just recently picked up is to simply fall off the edge and Uair. The falling Uair can easily catch recovering foes and they will be expecting you to jump before the Uair or go for a Fair or Nair. Actually fall off the ledge and then rising Uair works a treat too.
Baiting an Airdodge using eggs is another great way to get it in, an aerial opponant will instinctively AD a thrown egg allowing you to punish the AD with a Uair, works especially well when they are recovering vertically downwards allowing you to get under and throw an egg vertically up.
Faking to invoke an AD is really good too, jump up or SH as if going for the Uair but instead just FF it and hopefully they will AD allowing you to rising Uair to punish it.

Top Bottom