• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Moveset Discussion: Bair

Yosheon

Smash Cadet
I love Yoshi's b-air. It's definately one of his best moves in his arsenal. It can shieldpoke, combo, cancel out several projectiles, and a bunch of other good things. It's a nightmare to the fat and/or tall characters, so I usually abuse it on them. Since Yoshi's b-air has no ending lag whatsoever, I usually use a n-air or u-air right after it.

Are there any disjointed hitboxes during this attack?

.Marik

is a social misfit
Bair is easily one of Yoshi's best moves.

It's a great way to approach, set up combos, and to space.

@ Yosheon, I'm pretty sure there is, but I'm not positive.

auroreon

Smash Ace
Yes the move does have slightly disjointed hitboxes allowing you to hit just past the tip of Yoshis tail.

Yosheon

Smash Cadet
I thought so. There were times in which I was able to hit my opponents at a surprising distance with Yoshi's bair.

I think retreating b-airs are very effective.

auroreon

Smash Ace
No, there are quite a few characters that are not very nice to Yoshi when you don't catch them with the right hits I think... cos it happens to me sometimes. This is only a real threat when you face experienced people who know how to DI properly though, its like Marth being able to UpB out of the Jab, although he can do it and it makes Jab not a safe option its often not a problem because only the experienced and intelligent players know about it/think to try it.

Top Bottom