• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Moveset Discussion: Down Smash

Yosheon

Smash Cadet
It's quick and has good range and power. It may not be as good as the SSBM version, but it can still get the job done.

Sometimes, I use the d-smash right after a spotdodge.

Metatitan

Smash Master
too many yoshies use downsmash after a spotdodge, every single time...
its a nice get the **** out of my face move, u can do a pseudo jab cancel to it but overall, his 5th worst move

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I generally prefer dtilt (or jab out of a spotdodge), since it has better range and much less lag, and functions just fine as a "get the **** out of my face move." Dsmash does comes out 2 frames faster than dtilt, though, and does more damage.

Yosheon

Smash Cadet
Well, d-smash is just one of the attacks I use after spotdodging.

Most of the time, I'll just use my tilts and ground pound.

Chaco

Never Logs In
2 Hits of Bair->Dsmash

/Thread

EDIT IN: Also CG Release DT DSmash.

Now...

/thread

Pez55

Smash Apprentice
This move is pretty quick and goo for disrupting the opponent.

Though the d-tilt has more range...

Gindler

Smash Champion
I do enjoy using it out of Bair as Chaco said. And when the Dsmash hit's twice...well that's always nice.

Nul

Smash Apprentice
Nice damage racker, and I use it for punishing rolls since the disjoint timing of the hits gives the feel of a guaranteed hit, and at low % often hits twice. Also, I use it more on the mid-weights for an unknown reason.

auroreon

Smash Ace
Dsmash is a great move thanks to its amazing speed, good range, high damage and hitting both infront and behind Yoshi. Good out of a spotdodge, good with a DT and also good as you land from an aerial or something. Its most useful for clearing some space for Yoshi and buying you a bit of room to breath.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Has hitboxes in front and behind of Yoshi. Awesome.

Great for defensive mindgames.

Cliche-Guevara

Smash Cadet
Honestly, you can jab one direction and then Ftilt the other way if you miss faster than you can downsmash.

I only use it after a Bair when im trying to build damage without blowing my kill moves too early. Even then Bair > Ftilt > aerial followup seems to work better.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
One word of warning: don't use d-smash when your opponent is at 0%. Even if it hits they can still punish you. =/

Top Bottom