• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RBPGU-New AT attempt.

Panix

Smash Ace
Guys, I know this sounds wierd, Im not a falco main at all. but try this because it's bugging me out...

I've been messing with this whole RBPG for a hour or so and I stumble across this.

It seems that with falco you can do a reverse sliding Usmash.

Let me explain.

Dash forward>wait>Dash forward>back>Dash forward>hold z+Up on the analog.

The wait part- When I say wait I mean the time to do another foxtrot.

this makes falco do a Usmash backwards while sliding.

It's pretty cool and relativly new. please flame away or tel me your thoughts.

Edit- Wish I could change the title to RBPUS- would make more sense since theres no grabbing.

Saltix

Smash Lord
So its like an Retreating Boost Smash?
>__>

Does this work with Snake as well?

Panix

Smash Ace
He slides for the whole animation of the usmash, I'd say pretty far.

and I can't get it to work with snake, the foxtrot timing is different with everycharacter.

Saltix

Smash Lord
So this IS a retreating boost smash?

This could be what I need to start playing Falco again :)

I get it, this utilizes the whole true pivot thing right? Just like the grab we were shown earlier with Marth. I bet other people could do this as well. A retreating mortar slide 0.o

So what uses can falco get out of a Retreating Boost Smash?

Guys, I know this sounds wierd, Im not a falco main at all. but try this because it's bugging me out...

I've been messing with this whole RBPG for a hour or so and I stumble across this.

It seems that with falco you can do a reverse sliding Usmash.

Let me explain.

Dash forward>wait>Dash forward>back>Dash forward>hold z+Up on the analog.

The wait part- When I say wait I mean the time to do another foxtrot.

this makes falco do a Usmash backwards while sliding.

It's pretty cool and relativly new. please flame away or tel me your thoughts.

Edit- Wish I could change the title to RBPUS- would make more sense since theres no grabbing.
foxtrot 2 dashes > back > dash forward > up + Z

I'm a little confused on the back > Dash forward. Use this as a scenario. YOu are doing this from left to right. The 2 dashes you are pushing the control stick to the right. When you move back you pull it to the left to go back. Now is the dash forward pushing it to the left or right after that push back?

Plus, is the tap jump off or on? This might explain why this works in the first place. To even get a normal reverse up smash you have to jump cancel. Up on the control stick might be input that acts as the jump if tap jump is on.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
If you don't have a recorder (I don't):

Make a replay
Put onto SD card
Email to someone that has a recorder
recorder puts onto Wii (SD card)
records.

Puts onto SWF!
Yeah ask Vlade to record it.

I'm pretty sure he'd be willing to take out some of his time for a new Falco tech :p

Panix

Smash Ace
alright I'll do that in like 10 minutes. Mothers day so my mom needs some attention. =P

alright, I got the recording, do I have to put it on a SD card? or can I save it to my wii and send it to somebody?

Edit: Tap Jump is on, but I don't believe falco players really use the utilt to often anyway, so It really wouldn't affect there gameplay.

Jupz

Smash Master
Or you could just send it to him by wifi?? it would be quicker as it dosent have to go through the computer :p

I'm not sure why, but I always seem to find situations to use Ftilt more often than usual. Usually after a SH Dair if they shield the hit or something.

Time to try to get this to work with tap jump on.

Airborne

Smash Lord
so do you think it would be possible to do this with yoshi? if he could then it would bring his usmash out faster, since the hitbox for yoshi's usmash starts behind him, rather than in front or above him.... o.o

Panix

Smash Ace
I found out that it's a universial AT. Most people can do it, but people like snake it's pointless because reverse mortar is pointless.

So with those inputs i dont see how u can perform a upsmash.......
Z= R+A, A+up on the stick = boost smash.

I have the video, anyone want to help me get this up? Vlade isn't answering.

Panix

Smash Ace
As in record it? Or put it on the internet?

I can help you with the second option if you need me to.
I need someone so I can send it to them, I mess up alot in the video but i show the move pretty well.

can you get mine if i send it to you over wii to put it up?

I found out that it's a universial AT. Most people can do it, but people like snake it's pointless because reverse mortar is pointless.
QUOTE]

I do not know if it would be useless or not for mortar slide. I can see a few uses for it, but the problem is how the tech is performed itself. The tech has a lot of start up lag. You have to foxtrot 2 dashes, press back and than dash the way you were going before while pressing up + Z. That is a lot of start up lag with foxtrotting and if you start that it's pretty easy to tell what your doing to your opponent.

Falco is probably not going to benefit much from this as you cannot combo or set-up anything that will lead to this because of that start-up needed. The really good benefit is this allows us to hit with the back part of the upsmash which, even with lowered knockback, has some pretty good trajetory. You do this to someone on underneath a platform when heading for the edge. Good set-up for edgeguarding if it hits them, if not you are perfect for a Nair or lasers.

Panix

Smash Ace
QUOTE]

I do not know if it would be useless or not for mortar slide. I can see a few uses for it, but the problem is how the tech is performed itself. The tech has a lot of start up lag. You have to foxtrot 2 dashes, press back and than dash the way you were going before while pressing up + Z. That is a lot of start up lag with foxtrotting and if you start that it's pretty easy to tell what your doing to your opponent.

Falco is probably not going to benefit much from this as you cannot combo or set-up anything that will lead to this because of that start-up needed. The really good benefit is this allows us to hit with the back part of the upsmash which, even with lowered knockback, has some pretty good trajetory. You do this to someone on underneath a platform when heading for the edge. Good set-up for edgeguarding if it hits them, if not you are perfect for a Nair or lasers.
you can do this AT out of a foxtrot, foxtroting can be good for spacing and makes this AT a little useful because of foxtrot.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Sorry guys, I'm like 12 hours ahead of you so I'm not active when you guys all are.

I've replied to Panix's PM.

Crystal it would be easier for me if you just sent the .bin file of the replay rather than doing it over wiiconnect24. Otherwise I'm still happy to do it because I'm not too busy atm. I'll update your Wii# in a 'minute' :p

In case you need just add me on msn o0vlade0o@hotmail.com or do it via Visitor messaging/private messaging.

If you want vids uploaded for falco purposes, I'm the man ;)

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I'm just gonna wait for a video because I don't quite understand this at all right now and i've tried it.

Panix

Smash Ace
Can somebody just take this replay from meh -.- Wiiconnect24 is probably the only option for meh right now.

Crystal if you could, take this video from me over WC24 and then you put it on a SD card for Vlade, sound good?

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Panix, you can send me the replay right now and i'll get it on youtube asap. my codes are listed right here.

seshun

Smash Apprentice
Umm..how do you get a replay from your sd card to work on the computer windows media player when you connect your sd card to the computer. Plus can i use a micro sd with an adapter (to fit in the wii) to get replays in there?

Hyo

Smash Journeyman
I would laugh so hard right now if we get rick roll'd

EDIT: sounds promising.

I'll be the test bait. Just give me everything and I'll try to get it out to whom ever can get the thing uploaded.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Wow theres a lot of threads about this :)
Anyways, just want to let you guys know that the Dash>Wait part is NOT necessary. If your facing right, just go right>left>right> up+z and you still get the slide. Bengal just put that in cause he wanted to use the retreating pivot grab as an approach (as in dash into range, then do the retreating pivot grab, hence the dash>wait part)
This should make it a little easier to test other moves since you wont have to vary the timing of the foxtrot from character to character.

Also, I tested and posted the results in Bengals thread but I re made the list of all the characters slides on the Tactical Boards thread 'Momentum Shifting' 2nd page because it wasnt very clear in Bengals thread. Check it out if you want to test the other characters.

Top Bottom