• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Moveset Discussion: U Throw

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Woah, I never knew! =O

Seriously, though. His u-throw can be great if you opponent is expecting a different kind of throw or a grab-release. It can lead to a surprise u-air. =P

Other than that, though, I prefer his d-throw since it sets up stuff better. His u-throw is basically a surprise attack like Egg Roll.

Airborne

Smash Lord
well one thing i like to do with my throws is everyone once and a while, throw this baby in. It sets them right above you, and at low %'s, if they don't jump, you can correctly read them and pivot grab them into another grab just to rack up some more damage... that's all i can really think of.

Airborne

Smash Lord
which is why i believe it's easier to just pivot grab them again at low %'s for more damage, b/c it starts the cycle over again, while building a decent amount of damage...

Metatitan

Smash Master
d throw is just better overall, uthrow works better at mid percents but at mid %'s id rather be f/b throwing for more damage

Airborne

Smash Lord
mind games them from a uthrow into getting grabbed again b/c they didn't jump, and then do another throw... it works on unsuspecting opponents that have no knowledge of teh yosh. =D

Gindler

Smash Champion
They won't know he has an Uthrow...........

But yeah I've only used this in 1 case where it was the best throw to use. And that was into the cannonball on halberd, other than that I can't see it being used ever.

Top Bottom