• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario vs. ROB EXPORT

Timbers

check me out
R.O.B.

Matchup:

50:50

General info:

Quote:
ROB's best style of play is a campy style. When you're at a high enough percent, he'll start using his primary kill moves: Nair, Bair, and usmash. However, usmash is very predictable, and if you know for a fact he's going to do it, a dair comes out faster. Bair has a lingering hitbox that's a pain, but it's hard to kill with it unless you get hit with the initial burner. Nair comes out of NOWHERE and has a lingering hitbox similar to Ike's uair (it stays at the same power until the move is over).
Quote:
His ground game is difficult to combat, since his tilts and smashes are all very difficult to punish. Our front smash outranges him (although that could be said about anybody) and is usually a good option as long as youre spacing well. He can also usually win a camp war, unless you happen to be much better than your opponent at countercamping. I tend to just charge an AS and save it until an oppritunity arises. He has a reflector, but it's REALLY slow and can be punished pretty consistently with a fsmash if you dont shoot, so it's unlikely he will use it much.
What to avoid:

Quote:
When you're close to 100%, ROB shouldn't be firing any more lasers because he's trying to save the laser to the fully charged (20 seconds) version which has significantly more knockback and will kill you from a mile away.
Quote:
I'd rather deal with nair in the air than tilts and dsmash on the ground.
Quote:
Nair is slow. It shouldn't hit you unless you jump into it, get hit by a shield poking hovered Nair (not likely against Lucario), or if you fail to shield.
How to win:

Quote:
ROB's kill moves are fsmash, nair, bair, and upsmash. Nair/bair are slow and telegraphed, fsmash is limited by range quite a bit, and upsmash gets owned by your dair. This means you should be living a long time if you can avoid the kill moves which means strong aura.
Quote:
I find one of the best tactics to use against ROB is to charge your Aura Sphere all the way, and not shoot it. That will keep them on their toes, and one that thinks they're smarter than you will start using their Forward B to try and reflect it. If anything, it makes them very nervous, and they'll sometimes forget about your other kill moves. ROB himself has trouble killing (On Yoshi's Story, with proper DI, it's possible to live to the high 100%'s quite consistently. I've gotten as high as 267%). At this percent, we all know that Lucario can consistently kill at 100% and below. ROB is huge, and heavy, even though he has a pretty bad momentum-canceling move.
Helpful tips:

Quote:
Luc's dair beats ROB's uair, but keep in mind that ROB's uair does have a greater horizontal hitbox on it than Luc's dair. He can snag you from the side with it.
Quote:
btw, gyro gets killed completely by shielding it, doesn't even have as much shieldstun as it should for its type of projectile.
Stages:

Quote:
Also I love Battlefield for this matchup. Probably more than I love it for any other matchup.
Quote:
For counterpicks I would recommend somewhere small with platforms. Battlefield and Yoshi's Island come to mind. Be wary of the small boundaries on both stages though. I would avoid Lylat Cruise (And Jungle Japes where legal). Pokemon Stadium 1 might be a decent counterpick if you can deal with the ledge solely because some transformations force close combat.

Disclaimer: This thread is made for the sole purpose of keeping matchup discussing clean and organized. If people wish to discuss a past matchup, they may do so in this thread without cluttering the current discussion.

Credit goes to Red Ryu for composing this export

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Ugh, at times, this matchup seems to me to be 55:45 disadvantage. Bair is such a pain to deal with, as well as his tilts and dsmash. But bair and nair are just crazy in the air, and the glidetoss stuff is annoying too. The camp game is just astounding, good ROBs let you shield the gyro, because they know that you'll mess up and not PS it everytime, and their laser is charged by the time you shield it, so the projectiles just cease to end.

Top Bottom