• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoVa/Toasty's Ghost Present: Melee/Brawl+/Brawl & more! June 13th Virginia Beach.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
SOVA Presents:Riku & Slash Talon Present: Melee & Brawl (and Brawl+?) @ City Sound Media #2: Bash at the Beach! June 13th (hosted by aimforthefeet)

Please read everything carefully.

Games:
SF4 (1v1 and 5v5)
SFHDR
Tekken DR
MVC2

(for RULES see link below)

For ALL non-Smash and VENUE related inquiries, please address questions to aimforthefeet or check his thread on SRK:
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=190103

For anything MELEE related, please address your questions to ME.

For anything BRAWL related, please address your questions to KADAJ --> _kadaj_ [underscores included, if you're looking to PM him]

Where:
Club Relevant
929 LEVEL GREEN BLVD
VIRGINIA BEACH, VA 23464

^^^--HUGE venue! This is gonna be fantastic...but only if EVERYONE cooperates =D!!!

Parking:
Ton of parking space in front of the venue.

When:
June 13th, 2009
3:00pm - 11:30pm
(we get kicked out at 11:30)

COPIED FROM ATFT'S THREAD:
Strict times will be followed due to limited time.

Doors open at 3:00 tournament starts at 3:45 (no waiting for late people.)
All matches are to take place within 5mins of being announced. you will be called "on deck" one match before you match is to take place. Not being present for your match with in 5mins results in DQ. (due to time constraints)

This is NOT my, or Kadaj's, tournament!
We were merely invited to host the Smash events at ATFT's big tournament...so PLEASE respect everything and anything he has to say or requests with regard to the tournament. He wants to bring all the gaming communities in SoVa together to help them grow, so let's do our part in making sure that happens ^_^

BRING MELEE AND BRAWL SETUPS, PLEASE. TVS. WIIS. GAMECUBES. MELEE. BRAWL. MEMORY CARDS.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to make tournaments happen in an efficient and ENJOYABLE manner unless the community does its part [as it has been <3!] and helps supply the setups!

757-635-7806 for toasty's cell

RULES, PRICES, and more details will be posted soon.

EDIT:
Kadaj's Brawl Ruleset:
Rules

-Please arrive on time. If you are late, I can not guarantee you a spot in whatever tourney you are late for.
-There are no refunds.
- Whether you are in a tourney or not, if you are in the venue you must pay the venue fee.
- DO NOT LOAD YOUR GAME THROUGH THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL!!! . If you would like unlimited length replays enabled, I will use my own personal sd card to load the game (sorry I can't trust anyone without knowledge of what codes they have on).
-Trash talking is allowed, and is encouraged! We love the hype! However, please do not distract the players too much at their discretion. Respect their right to focus on a match.
* Any destruction of anyone's property at the venue will not be tolerated, and in the case of such an event, you will be asked to leave.
- No drugs, alcohol, or any crap like that in there. If you have any, you will be kicked out.
-You may not be a commentator on the live stream without first having consent by myself, or any other approved tourney helper there. If you are commentating on the live stream, please act professional. Focus more on the match at hand instead of giving people tons of shutouts in the chat. No cursing at all. By all means keep it lively and fun though. all have an awesome time!

Singles:

3 Stock

8 Minute Time Limit

No Items

If you need to add your name to change your controls, please remember to do so, and do it quickly. You should not quit in the middle of a match if you realize your controls are wrong.

First round consists of all characters being chosen by a blind pick. The first stage will then be determined by a stage strike method. Players take turn striking out neutral stages until only one stage remains, which is the stage that is played. After the first match is over, each player bans one stage that can not be used in counterpicks.

Match two/three will first consist of the previous loser picking a stage, then the previous winner picking their character, finally the previous loser picking their character.

You may not counterpick a stage you have already won on earlier that set.

Neutral Stages:

o Battlefield
o Final Destination
o Smashville
o Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
o Lylat Cruise

* Counterpick Stages:

o Delfino Plaza
o Castle Siege
o Frigate Orpheon
o Battleship Halberd
o Rainbow Cruise
o Brinstar
o Pokemon Stadium
o Pokemon Stadium 2
o Jungle Japes

-The 50 Ledge Grab Rule will be in effect, until the community as a whole comes up with a set number, we will make the limit 50 grabs. If the game ends with the time running out and your stats show that you went over 50 ledge grabs, you will automatically lose that round. If both people go over 50, then participating players Who evProxy-Connection: keep-alive
Cache-Control: max-age=0

has the highest stock and or lowest percentage on that stock will win. If both player have the same stock and percentage when the timer runs out, then a 1 stock rematch will occur.

-Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab.
-Ice Climber things are legal, as long as they aren't used for stalling.
-If there is a dispute over controller ports, play Rock Paper Scissors for it (best 2 out of 3, no items, FD only).
- Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock)
o If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
o If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie the one who initiated the move will win the round

Doubles

- Same standard rules and stages as singles.
- Chibo's Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is using a character that might make it tough to determine the teams color (like Sonic, Lucario, or Pokemon Trainer), they are allowed to request control of a certain color to help lessen confusion.
-Stock borrowing allowed

c3gill

Smash Ace
Both my Falco buddy (Jon- hes the manager of Lazy Dayz, i think a few people met him) and I will be there......

rockin Lucas all the way :) (or at least until i have to fight a Marth/G&W/DK :ohwell:)

rhan

Smash Hero
I'm down with comming for Melee. But I have to sneak out the house. :(

So yeah.... Imma keep this on the down low for now.

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
Hmm.......TVC.......I remember I was the first one to bring it to MD/VA smash tourneys and ****........but I don't play anymore.

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
what was the point of this post again
Memories, my friend.

Fond memories.

It's not like it was an accomplishment, nobody had really learned the game yet, and I learned all this gay stuff from Eric V and Justin Wong, cause I went over there the first day it came out and played. The game is stupidly easy, infinites are like way easier than MVC2.

I'd definitely get ***** now, I'm just saying, I didn't even realize people still played it around here.

aimforthefeet

Smash Rookie
I'm updating the thread on SRK to show whose attending so I'll be monitoring and adding people from all the boards its promoted on. The bigger the list looks the better chance of more people chasing after that big pot full of CASH MONEY!

Famous

Smash Champion
AFTF, you should do TVC. its just another game to attract more heads. I just wanna watch the **** in TVC.

Ill be at this tourney Money matching anyone in power stone 2 teams. lets go!
Yes, PowerStone is back baby!!!

~RiKu~

Smash Cadet
AFTF, you should do TVC. its just another game to attract more heads. I just wanna watch the **** in TVC.

Ill be at this tourney Money matching anyone in power stone 2 teams. lets go!
I'll b sure to let my boy kno about that $MM wit u n TJ in powerstone

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Don't have time to read this thread nor explain what I'm about to say but...

This will most likely be my last tourney ever ;___;

Edit: if kadaj isn't coming, someone else has to run brawl because I will not. As this will probably be the Toasty's Last Stand I might have to add Brawl+ as a side event

rhan

Smash Hero

Edit: if kadaj isn't coming, someone else has to run brawl because I will not. As this will probably be the Toasty's Last Stand I might have to add Brawl+ as a side event
Wait a minute.....

What about the one in August? Is that canceled?

M15t3R E

Smash Master

WHAT?!?!
Well that settles it. I'm coming to this tournament. You know I miss my SoVA homies.

Shinku

Smash Champion
ill see if i can come to this.

if i do ill be playing sf4, melee, brawl, tekken, and i guess tvc, even thought im a bit rusty =p

ill really dont wanna drive though, who wants to car pool? ^.^

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
... depends if NC wants to go.

How's that Big Melee tourney you're planning in August going, toasty?
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...about that....not happening >_> I'm going to have to make THIS the "big Melee event" but unless we can get the venue to open at an earlier time for us, then there's NO way we can have teams and singles like I'd love to...
I'm updating the thread on SRK to show whose attending so I'll be monitoring and adding people from all the boards its promoted on. The bigger the list looks the better chance of more people chasing after that big pot full of CASH MONEY!
yeah...so...could you maybe try and get the venue to open any earlier? There will definitely be a larger number of people attending if we can host both teams and singles for Smash because some people only travel/enter for teams....and this will actually be my last event so I'd really appreciate if I had the opportunity to throw down like I really want to [despite not having enough time like I'd need to reaaaallly go crazy, but w/e...I'll pull off some brown magic =D]

THIS. But...that's up to you, not me :) I won't be in charge of TvC...

really dont wanna drive though, who wants to car pool? ^.^
This will now be my last event, so you and MD BETTER ****ing be there!!!!!!!!

edit: word @ Slash

rhan

Smash Hero
It sucks that there's a 95% chance I cannot make this. :(

It sucks more to know that this will be Toasty's last SoVA tourney. :(

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
But why is this your last one toastyyy

I will try my hardest to come to this, and bring who I can. I should have access to a car.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
toasty you make me sad.

Also for some reason where it says currently active members at the bottom of the board, there's a "+" next to your name. Why is this?

Top Bottom