• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pitisabeastinteams! A Pit Doubles Discussion

Coffee™

I need it....
Introduction

Hello! It´s my pleasure to introduce to you the Pit team battles thread! This thread is dedicated for the discussion about Pit and his partners in 2 vs 2 battles. It was born because there´s been some demand for the doubles tactics and partners thread lately.

Now that the boring introductions are over it´s time for... boring explanations! Here´s some basic knowledge about 2v2 battles. Since they are highly complicated things with many different variables (stages, enemy teams, experience vs or with some characters etc. etc.) it would be impossible just to list the best and worst teammates for Pit This is why this thread will work as a place for discussions about Pit teamed up with various characters. Discussion is open, but here are some questions that can be used as a basis when thinking about teams tactics:

1. What kind of team is Pit + ____?

This means talking about how the team combination usually works best AKA how it usually should be played. In many cases there´s more than one way of playing the team, all with their own advantages. The main three playstyles in teams are:

• Aggressive (both characters are attack oriented and tend charge in for attacks, trying to add pressure on the enemy)
    • Passive (both characters play defensive and do their best to force enemies to approach first)
    • Semi-passive/semi-aggressive (one half of the team rushes in for close quarters combat while the other is left back to support with projectiles, protect from attacks and so on).

If necessary, it´s possible to make and use more accurate descriptions, but usually these three are enough to give to basic idea of the team structure.

2. What roles two the two have in the team?

The basic thing to consider in 2v2 battles is what role every character has. Possible roles could for example be:

• Finisher: A character that specializes into finishing enemies that are already damaged or send flying. This is usually done by hitting them hard enough to send directly out of the screen or by gimping them.
    • Damage racker: The main damager in the team, this character usually tends to rush directly into fight and causes lots of damage really fast, but has some trouble sealing the deal with KOs.
    • Supporter: These characters favor the sidelines of battle and try to avoid unnecessary direct combat with enemy while supporting their partner with projectiles and other means.
    • Stock holder: Well protected character whose main job is to stay alive on the battlefield. The point of this is to keep a stock lead compared to the enemy team, thus forcing them to stay active.

• Spacing master: The one who helps creating good situations and positions for the team. This is rarely one´s only job in a team, but some characters perform in this task extremely well.
    • Multitasker: This means a character that has wide array of options, enabling him/her to work as kind of jack-of-all-trades, always choosing the most beneficial style for the team according to the situation.

This division is not to be taken too strictly as it´s not unusual for the characters to have traits of multiple from these play styles, but they work as a nice directory.
  3. What can the two do to support each other?

How well does Pit work with the characters in question? Do they rule out each other´s weaknesses or share the same ones? Are there some specific tactics they can use together? All things like this are a important part of every doubles team and should be well discussed. This part of the discussion is probably going to be the most time-consuming of them all, but it´s also the most important one.
  4. What problems does the team have?

There´s no such thing as the perfect team: there´re always some weak spots here and there. Finding and identifying those weak spots is also a part of the reason this thread was made, as knowing them makes it easier to prevent them from being exploited.
  5. Is there something special that should be noted about the team?

Does the team have serious disadvantage on certain stages or get completely ruined by certain characters? Or vice versa: does the team absolutely dominate in certain situations? There are many things that can completely tore apart normally very well working team or give a huge advantage in battle. They´re usually rare, but can turn the battle upside down. If you know things like make sure to share them with others. We´re all working together here!

Ending words

We´ll be talking one character at a time, discussing how he/she works as Pit´s teammate. The character we´re going to talk about at every current time is eventually decided by me but I´m always open for successions concerning both the thread in general and the next character to discuss. Every time we change a character I´ll post about it and sometimes list some very basic information about him/her concerning the team. This is only to save some time and effort. Everything more accurate and important will be left for the discussion. I´ll also try to create summaries about the discussed teams, but they might not get done at the same rate as we´re moving on.

This is probably going to become quite large thread and take some serious time to finish. It also needs contribution from many people to work. But now it is finally time to get to the fun part: the actual discussions!

The format for this guide lovingly ripped from the Zelda / Dedede boards.

For the most part please reply in the aforementioned format by answering the questions listed above as it makes the thread easier to organise​
Week 1: Snake

Week 2: R.O.B

Week 3: Diddy Kong

Week 4: Wario

Week 5: Toon Link

Week 6: Pikachu

Week 7: Mr. Game&Watch

Discuss....​

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
Someone has to state the obvious so here it is
pit acts as a damage racker in this while snake is a finisher, due to snakes sick tilts
snake is also pretty heavy so he also takes part as a stock holder
the team is very adaptable, it can be both passive and aggressive depending on what you are feeling, arrows and nikitas mixed in with some nades would make a pretty difficult obstacle to surpass

only real negative point of this team is that snakes large hitboxes can be potentially hazardous, but with good teamwork it shouldnt be much of a problem

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Hehe, that's a great intro.

Anyways, Pit with Snake makes them semipassive and semiaggressive. Some snakes are good with their camping, and Pit, by default is good with ledgecamping or being defensive period. Other snakes are aggressive, which could allow Pit to be defensive and supportive.

Finisher: Both characters can take this role, but Pit usually takes this role if he's edgeguarding or gimping an opponent. Snake's strong attacks make him a good finisher by default. Snake's better at this category.

Damage Racker: Pit obviously is good at this. Snake's high-damaging tilts help too, but Pit's better at this category.

Supporter: Pit easily takes this role with his controllable arrows, and reflectors.

Stock Holder: Technically both chars have their own way of living long. Snake has weight, but Pit has better recovery, and some ledgecamping options. Whoever's better in this category depends on the type of opponents this team is facing.

Spacing Master: Snake has a bit of longer range, making him a slightly better choice than Pit in this category.

Multitasker: Both chars are versatile. While Pit is more supportive, Shield-pressuring, and defensive, Snake is more aggressive, strong, and lasts long in battle.

Snake's +s for Pit
-Snake does well against G&W, who is Pit's worst matchup, so that's a plus for Snake to be with Pit.
-Snake does better against Marth than Pit is.
-Snake does well against TL, that of which Pit has an even to slight disadvantage against.
-Snake does better against Wario than Pit who has a disadvantage
-Snake does better against Marth than Pit who has a disadvantage

Pit's +s for Snake
-Pit does slightly better against D3, than Snake.
-Pit does slightly better against ROB than Snake does.
-Pit does slightly better against Pika than Snake does, and can use reflectors to be supportive.
-Pit does well against DK with his small F-throw chain and easy gimping capabilities.

Falco poses a problem for both chars. Both have a slight disadvantage against him.

I have a little replay somewhere of me with UltimateRazer's Snake against 2 cocky ppl online (DK and Diddy), was a laggy match, but as soon as someone records it soon, it will be on youtube.

Both chars do quite well on neutrals, cept Pit on YI (Brawl). Just don't take Snake to Norfair, Pit.

As for the team, I would probably rate it 9/10 for versatility, multi-role, and both chars can fill in for most of each others' weaknesses, especially with Snake covering Pit's biggest weakness (G&W), and Pit covering one of Snake's (Dedede). Just be careful not to get hit by his explosives.

oathkeeper005

Smash Cadet
NNID
Oath_X
I dont do teams much but when I do its usually friendly or with this one guy who I have no real Playing chemistry with. (He Mains Oli so its hard the find a stage that we both can take advantage of).

Pit As a character alone I find is great in teams, He can play Several different roles (though I would never put him for tanking for what should be obvious reasons) and Pit has some great moves for handling multiple opponents. Ive once been able to completely shut down a player by spamming arrows while my partner attacked

Me on an AiB ladder match where I am forced into a 2v1 against a meta and snake. We all have 3 stock.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrT1BD-ZsDU&feature=channel_page

Im sorry I have nothing to offer in the ways on snake + pit. I hate playing as snake and I cant think of many pros to this other than snake Being a fairly good tank while pit can rack up damage fast for snakes God like kills.

Also I wouldnt suggest Rainbow cruise for this team (a great pit stage) since snake sometimes has trouble on it and its not as effective for his projectile game. But frigate might be a great choice for it due to the fact that snake can control frigate with a single C4 if placed right and Pit is great on the stage as well. Only problem is it might be a bit cramped. I might think of a few more stages later but I would have to talk to a good snake player. Maybe halberd.

Sniper X

Smash Cadet
What kind of team is Pit + Snake?
Semi-passive/semi-aggressive. Snake is definitly the more agressive and Pit is definitly the more defensive, but not neccesarily more passive. He simply prefers distance fighting then close up CQC

What roles two the two have in the team?

Finisher: Snake is a finisher on pure damage with his insane tilts but Pit is a good finisher once they are off the edge.
Damage racker: Pit with his much faster attacks and his spammable tactics. Snake can deal quite a bit of damage too but it is much slower.
Supporter: Pit again. Arrow spam for the win
Stock holder: Both really. Pit can just float around for an eternity and Snake is so dang heavy he's hard to kill.

Spacing master: Hmm...can't say on this one.

Multitasker: Snake is probably the better multitasker in this team. He has much better close up game then Pit but still has a fairly good long range game.

What can the two do to support each other?
Pits abilities at chasing people off stage and his fairly good aerials makes up for Snakes total lack thereof. If snake gets them off the edge, Pit can go and hopefully gimp them or bair them off the side.

What problems does the team have?

Oh boy, snake's hits. his hit boxes are large and can catch an unprepared Pit and just blow him off the map. His DACUS can catch a teammate on the ground as well as the enemy and just cause some major problems.

Is there something special that should be noted about the team?
I think it is a rather amazing team. But I also think that Pit is just a better player in teams period.

Luso

Smash Ace
NNID
JonLuso
3DS FC
3566-1666-9423
1) What kind of team is Pit + Snake?

Semi-passive/semi-aggressive. Snake is usually the more aggressive type while Pit supports from afar. He can still be aggressive, but the Snake'll be doing most of the work.

2) What roles do the two have in the team?

Finisher: It'd have to be Snake. Moves like his UTilt and FTilt are very effective at this point, and Pit's Smashes aren't as strong as they are.

Damage Racker: I'd...have to give this to Snake. Sure, Pit has his Arrows and his Continuous blade attack, but I've seen that the rate at which he can deal damage is surpassed some by Snake's ability to deal damage with just ONE move. Whereas Pit need to do multiple hits to catch up, Snake can fairly easily deal as much when you take a look at his damage output from each attack compared to Pit's

Supporter: This would have to be Pit. Arrows are what make this character a really help. It can help Snake get out of other characters that like to CG by shooting a well-aimed arrow from afar, it can hit Snake when he runs out of recovery and is in an awkward position, and it can serve as a tool to coerce the opposing team to come at them, leaving Snake to do most of the dirty work. Snake is left outta this because of the nature of his projectiles and attacks. Pit does do much FF damage with his attacks, but most, if not all, of Snake's moves can really pack a punch if Pit is caught in the attack accidentally. His mines and grenades are far more lethal than a single arrow when comparing their FF damage.

Stock Holder: This would have to be Pit, but probably just a little over the top. Snake can withstand attacks that have high knock back and considering Pit's frame, he can be KO'ed even with proper DI whereas Snake can DI and survive it because of his frame. But, Pit has the ability to fly at great distances, therefore bypassing the battlefield and getting out of Snake's way and possible FF damage rack up. He can fly under the stage to help and shoot from afar in the air. So, there's no need to come close up unless Snake is being overpowered, which is a case usually. By then, Pit'll still be more stable in terms of damage rack up and stocks than the other 3 characters.

Spacing Master: I'd have to give this one to Snake; he can lay mines to help get a better grip on the stage, he has a large hit box which can send an opponent at Pit and Pit can use a well timed FSmash or BAir to send them back the opposite way, hopefully for a kill or major damage. Pit can try and send an enemy at Snake, but due to the way his attacks are oriented, I'm not sure if Snake could respond with a killing blow unless it was a BAir. Overall, Snake is better at this than Pit is, IMO.

MultiTasker: This is Snake, hands down. Since he'll be doing most of the work, he's gonna be looking out for Pit for FF damage, and also he'll be having to cope with 2 enemies at once. That's not to say that Pit can't help up close from time to time, but it would be in both player's interest to work that way sometimes, too.

3) What can the two do to support each other?

As as I said before, Pit can help out from afar while Snake deals most of the damage. Snake also covers for Pit's character match-ups (G&W, etc) that are bad 1vs1, usually. Pit can help, in turn, with characters like DDD who like to CG a lot. This is one of Snake's weaknesses, no doubt, so well timed arrow can get him out of that mess. This mostly has to do with match-up's, I'd think, so it just depends on the situation.

4) What problems does the team have?

Snake and his huge hit boxes can really cause Pit some major FF damage. Pit can also hit Snake accidentally with an arrow and throw off a really good combo he's doing. Snake and his grenades and mines can cause an unsuspecting Pit to get damaged and mess up the Snake's strategy and ground advantage.

5) Is there something that should be noted about the team?

This is really a great team, but both players in it must know each other like they were siblings. They must know each other's play styles and adapt accordingly, or else one or the other will be their downfall. Also, I consider Pit to be a better player on teams than Singles, so Pit is a good teammate with pretty much everyone, IMO.

I've been teaming with a Snake player here in SWF called Aryman for a while now, and the only thing on my mind when playing with him is the worry of getting caught in his attacks. As long as I stay away, shoot arrows from afar and come close to help when neccessary, everything pretty much works out well. :)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i cant offer advice on this, but I'm sure me and rogue will have a lot to say on the Pit + ROB team combo matchup :)

Arzengel

Smash Apprentice
I think a PIT + IKE would make a great team. an AGRESSIVE TYPE, pit Racks and stuns while Ike swoops in and finishes em off.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
Pit + MK and Pit + Marth is something I can cover =]

I play Pit + Snake sometimes. It's a good team bc either character can do whatever. Both can camp, both can rack damage, both can kill (tho Snake is better at this), both can space (tho Pit spaces more with aerials while Snake spaces on the ground with jab and ftilt), Pit plays better as the supporter, and as long as Pit doesn't let Snake get edgeguarded too bad Snake can tank stocks.

I like Pit + Diddy too. I play alot with Nynja and I've come to the realization that Pit with bananas is the shiet.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I have not teamed up with a R.O.B yet, and I really dont want to make assumptions, but I can tell that Pit + ROB can be a good defensive team.
I'll reserve post as my info post if I ever get the experience.

inb4RogueandChibo >_<

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
1. What kind of team is Pit + ROB?

Aggressive, Passive, AND Semi-passive/semi-aggressive!
Pit + ROB is everything! Rogue and I have tried all 3 types and had success. If I had to pick one though, I would say Semi-passive/Semi-aggressive. While aggressive can work and you can rack up damage so fast with these two, your gonna lose stocks too fast for characters that could potentially live very high. Passive is more how your last stocks will naturally end up, but you will have trouble getting kills. For Semi, it's best if Pit is on the offensive and ROB is on the camp. ROB has two projectiles he can use quickly and diversely unlike Pit, and he can play great support with these projectiles. Pit scores kills easier with moves like fsmash and bair.

2. What roles two the two have in the team?

* Finisher: Either one can, but Pit is slightly better
* Damage racker: Either one can, but ROB is slightly better
* Supporter: ROB
* Stock holder: ROB
* Spacing master: ROB
* Multitasker: Pit

ROB can use piercing lasers to save Pit from harm, and throw high speed gyros at the opponent while Pit is in the middle of comboing them. Pit can use arrows to save ROB from trouble, especially when ROB needs to get back to the stage.

Overall neither character is exceptional at killing, but damage is racked up so fast that you won't feel like it's too much of a problem. Both characters excel with a lot of space so small stages can be an issue.

The grab infinite works with ROB + Pit.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Both Pit and ROB hate Gay men Watch, don't they? I know he's Pit's worse matchup :(

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
If a character has a fast enough grab attack, they can force a ground release. It just so happens both ROB and Pit have fast enough grab attacks, so grab someone, mash grab attack to force em to ground release, then the other one grabs em, and repeat.

Both Pit and ROB hate Gay men Watch, don't they? I know he's Pit's worse matchup :(
GaW is probably ROBs second worst matchup, but it's been getting better and better. I personally don't have a problem against GaW in teams, even playing against great ones like UTDZac or NinjaLink, same with Rogue afaik. GaW will score a lot of kills from his OP smashes, but other than that, a lot of what GaW is amazing at kind of fails because he doesn't have the space nor concentration to space his attacks like bair or tech chase dthrow well.

Ax00x0

Smash Apprentice
Heh, I totally gotta a say in this. Me (ax) and my team mate JT constantly place top 3 in teams in NM, and are either the 1st or 2nd best team in the state. I obviously use Pit, he uses ROB. And lemme tell you, a Pit ROB combo is probably one of Pits best team combo..in fact, I'd say ROB is in the top 3 of Pit's desired team mates.

If a character has a fast enough grab attack, they can force a ground release. It just so happens both ROB and Pit have fast enough grab attacks, so grab someone, mash grab attack to force em to ground release, then the other one grabs em, and repeat.
You mean Infinite Team Grab Release? Where I would grab an opponent, pummel until he breaks out, then ROB grabs, rinse and repeat? That's illegal-or at least, I thought it was everywhere, for it's obvious brokenness.

1. What kind of team is Pit + ROB?

I won't put much here, but I'll just say that this team can do anything.

Now, here's where I have a lot to note.

First off, one word: Walling. What you do is have ROB stand in front of Pit, with Pit close, very close, behind. And then spam yourself ********. ROB can laser every two seconds, and launch gyros at will. Meanwhile, just have the Pit short-hop arrow spam right behind ROB. You become near-untouchable. We've but it into practise in tournies and even Dekar, the best in state-it easily can rack on 80+ damage before they figure out what to do. Even Diddies and Lucas can't do much (The PSI magnet gets disrupted by the top). Anyone who approaches too close will just get jabed or f tiled by ROB. If they appraoch from above, ROB can up tilt while you stun them with arrows/support with Fair. If they double jump or try to go over the wall, you can try shooting the arrows up to stun, but at this point you most likely have to dis-ingage the Wall. However, the hitstun from the gyro, laser, and arrows can trap an opponent for a LONG time. I've seen people get absolutely frustrated over this.

It takes some practise though, and you have to be ready to wall once a team mate calls for it. Obiously, it's only useful when you've eliminated at least one of their opponents-attempting to Wall when they still have both players is too difficult. Also, the idea is to slowly advance/force them to the ledge. Also also, some stages (like Battlefield) diminish this strat because the platforms will obviously block your arrows.
Opponents who are unfamiliar with this and who are alone usually have very little options against the Wall.

2. Reflecting. A fun thing to do (again, easier with only one enemy left) is to get the opponent between you and ROB, and AR into them (this may be unique to me, since I'm sure I use AR more than any other Pit here). Then, have ROB fire the gyro (even if you are not hitting the opponent with AR). If they spot-dodge, the gyrowill reflect or stop with AR, either way giving you another change for them to get hit with the gyro. If they shield it or the gyro doesn't reflect enough to hit them,, ROB can still approach boldly, since the AR in the opponent's back uselly will make them feel pressured/cornered.

If you DO get them in AR when ROB fire gyro, it can easily do 40 damage in a second. I've also had my ROB teammate pick up the top and fire it again. It's situational and tricky, but it can work wonders,

3. Jab spamming. Again, this works best against one opponents, but it's devastating against two as well. I's more situational than the other two, however. If you get both or one opponent in the middle of you and ROB, simply initiate Pit's rapid jab, and have ROB jab or <B from the other side. Racks high ammounts of damage very qucikly, and can be tough to escape.

4. Not really a strat, just obvious knowledgePit and ROB have some of the best and highest recoveries in the game. Because of this, they have very few stages that hinder them, and no real counter-pick or bad stages. Because of this, charatcers with predictable or bad rcoveries (Lucario, Snake, Diddy, etc.) can be brought to Orpheon, Lylat, and others. Pit's multiple jumps and arrows combined with ROB Up B and projectiles make it a living hell for these charatcers to recover. The stage actually becomes your greatest assest.

However, some things (like the Wall) are basically impossible on stages like Norfair and Brinstar, and the lava/acid can trap and bounce ROB's top, so watch for that.

Pit ovbiously isn't a killing charatcer, but ROB's Nair, Bair, Fair, Dair, Uair, and even Laser and Top more than make up for that. I almost always only have 1 or 2 kills, with ROB having all the other. Usually my dmamage is higher, but not always. This is because I play as a damage racker/support, multitasker, basically being agreesive and dashing around the board. However, because of this, it's best to try to keep ROB alive. I've found that Pit is actually a great charatcer to take on two enemies at once, but you dont wanna have that scenario.

Also, ROB's gyro is deadly, can be hard to see (and hear with all the noise), and stays on the ground. His laser is fast and can bounce around as well. Because of this, ROB can harm you very much if you aren't paying attention. Likewise, things you reflect could hit him. I've made my teammate say "arrow" as a code word before he uses a projectile (mostly top) so I can move/be ready, as that's one of the most hazardus things that can happen with a Pit/ROB team (although that may be that my ally is just too careless). Make sure the ROB isn't to trigger happy, as this could be fatal if your using Wings for any reason.

Nothing I can think of I haven't listed from above. Both have great recoveries, and good glide tosses, so make use of it. The above strats I listed are helpful. Combining Pit's good ledge game and ROB's camping can make recovery for an opponent a nightmare.

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
You mean Infinite Team Grab Release? Where I would grab an opponent, pummel until he breaks out, then ROB grabs, rinse and repeat? That's illegal-or at least, I thought it was everywhere, for it's obvious brokenness.
it actually NOT illegal (where i am), it becomes illegal as soon they hit 300% b/c by then it becomes obvious stalling.

Ax00x0

Smash Apprentice
it actually NOT illegal (where i am), it becomes illegal as soon they hit 300% b/c by then it becomes obvious stalling.
Ah, I see, you're in B.C.-far away from New Mexico, where I am. It' illegal here pretty much everywhere in the South. For a while we had it limited to 5 total grabs before they must be released, but then it just got banned outright (I think because Genesis or something goes by this rule). Even though me and my team mate loved to use it, I agree with the ban-pretty much any team combo can do it (although ROB and PIT do it better than most) but it guarentees death.

Oh, I just remembered-I'm pretty sure it was ruled under the Standing Infinite Claus, which bans, well, standing infinites, which that counts as. Meh.

However, if it is banned anywhere else or whatever, shooting arrows at an enemy while ROB has him grabed racks up nice damage.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
Pit AR to ROB's side B or preferably his jab, dtilt or ftilt. It's hilariously good. If ROB is dtilt'ing someone, Pit can stand on the other side and wingdash in place, keeping them in ROB's range longer.

Try to set up quick team kills for this team. Have Pit fthrow or bthrow an opponent into ROB's nair or upsmash. ROB can fthrow, bthrow, or the piledriver throw (cant remember which direction that is) into Pit's bair. Fthrow or bthrow are better bc they're faster, tho the piledriver's really good when you have the time to do it bc it gives Pit more time to get into position. Both characters have a throw and a kill move fast enough to work if you can get about 3-4 seconds without the 4th person interupting. You can also have Pit throw a character into ROB's spike if positioned correctly.

Only thing my ROB partner and I have trouble with is that we're always in each others way when we want to spam. If you're synergy is like Rouge and Chibo's then it isnt a problem, but if you're not tournament partners than this is one of the problems this team has. These two also suck on small stages together.

I'll probably do Diddy Next. Banana and Arrow Spam are fun :)
QFT

Being able to easily pick up items and glide toss whenever you want in teams is probably the greatest thing evar. Plus Pit edgeguard -> Diddy spike is epic.

Coffee™

I need it....
Discussion on Diddy+ Pit begins now.

I'll try to put up summaries a bit later.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
Diddy and Pit make a great team until diddy gets counter picked...I've played with a lot of good diddys and on neutrals we pretty much own cuzz arrowz plus bannas equal brokenness, but when he gets counter picked Pit has to protect him and step it up a notch...DIddys will control the floor with bannana peels and if he misses pit is there with an arrow to stun the opponenet...I dont think Pits should pick up diddys nanerz because they have them in certain places for certain reasons.. Unless you absolutely need to "borrow" it ask ur partner and let him kno....So0o basically diddy and Pit must win there first match so that the 3rd game (if they lose the 2nd) will be on a neutral.....

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
Diddy and pit....... seem lackluster. Stage-wise to be most effective it has to be flat, this limits your stages (for me anyway, i always use norfair if it possible). They can't kill very well, they do have very good damage dealing and 2 of the most annoying attacks (But i doubt arrows is that annoying).

Sry i dunno anything about this team

edwen

Smash Rookie
Pit and Diddy doesn't seem to good because the team is lacking a killer and the fact that Diddy doesn't do good on non flat stages.

I would rather talk about Pit + Wario or Pit + Mr. Game and Watch.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I dont see Diddy being much helpful to Pit, unless one maganes Naners, which even them alone harm the team. Pit may have good distance on his glidetoss, but the team would harm itself, especially Diddy to Pit.
The Chimp's better off in 1v1s and 1v1s only.... maybe unless it was a Nanerless Diddy, which are bad Diddys in general.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
Pit + Diddy isn't bad. It's actually pretty decent, and its a really fun team.

This team is Semi-Aggressive - Aggressive. Most of the time you should be attacking with this team. Pit should slow down when he gets to high damage to try to hold his stock and play a support role aka spam till they finally kill you.

Finisher: Pit
Damage racker: Diddy
Supporter: Pit
Stock holder: Pit
Spacing master: Diddy
Multitasker: Pit

Let Diddy go in and wreck. Diddy's combos on top of Pit's multi hits means you'll rack damage fast. Pit really needs to keep his kill moves fresh and edgeguard hardcore. Pit is there to safely rack damage up and to keep Diddy on stage. Play safe and be alert. Learn to use the bananas well. If both players have really good item control, you can usually keep yourselves pretty safe with the bananas.

This team's biggest problem is kill power. Neither of these characters are known for knocking people out early. Pit has to keep his kill moves fresh. Diddy doesnt need to concern himself with this, just do all the damage you can as quickly as you can. Pit should also go fairly far out to edgeguard. If Pit doesnt get the job done, Diddy should be on the ledge waiting to land a spike.

The only way this team works is with strong edgeguarding. Neither of these characters have the kill power to straight up KO fatties like Snake and DDD. You're gonna have to be on top of your off stage game in order to make this team work. Again, these characters rack up damage fast. If you can gimp or spike an opponent at 70% or less, you pretty much have that game won as long as Diddy's recovering. Taking an opponent from 0-70 and the gimping/spiking him can take as little as 20 seconds sometimes.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
sighhhhh maybe cuzz i play diddy and can move around great with the nanerzzzzzzzz....and to all who said it only werks good on flat stages LEARN TO READ.....

Also Lucas and Pit make a great team but is underrated...I partnered with NAsty at Apex and we got 25th out of 100 or so i believe in teams taking out some good teams at that....Healz plus arrowz equals brokennesss...

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
Diddy can team with Pit effectively, because Diddy can be agressive while you cover his back. Its a disruptive team due to arrows&nanners, and this is a match where wingdashing can help. Diddy drops one nanner, grabs it, then you get one. You can glide toss, wingdash over nanners to pick them up, and just annoy with nanner+arrow so they can't react well. You'll have to work well with your teammate, but this is doable. you'll be finisher, and both will be damage rackers.

edwen

Smash Rookie
I have always had good luck with Wario on my team. You deal the damage he kills he counters your counters and vice versa. Warios bike is the only real thing you have to worry about as you can shoot him off it or get ran over by it sometimes but its not really a big deal unless hes not very good.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I do not have any experience with this team yet, but I can see a lot of things from it.

This team is Semi-Aggressive and Semi-passive, with Pit being the more defensive one.

Finisher: Both characters can take this role, but Pit usually takes this role if he's edgeguarding or gimping an opponent. Wario is good at gimping and edgeguarding too, but Pit for the most part doesnt need to approach, and Wario gots more power, so both can fit this role quite well, though Wario's slightly better to take out long-living heavy chars.

Damage Racker: Pit obviously is good at this. Wario can do this using a combination of D-airs and N-airs.

Supporter: Pit easily takes this role with his controllable arrows, and reflectors.
Wario might be good for this on rare occasions, with the use of the bike. The Bike can be used to stop some projectiles, like a Wolf blaster, which will hit the bike instead of the team that should be behind it, and Pit can stand and shoot arrows behind the bike without hitting the bike itself (if you're quite close to the Bike).

Stock Holder: Technically both chars have their own way of living long. Wario is heavy and lasts long, but Pit has better recovery, and some ledgecamping options. Wario should be careful of possible Grab Release KOs, though.

Spacing Master: Both chars are outraged easily, but Pit would probably fit better since he slightly has better range.

Multitasker: Pit fits this category. While Pit is more supportive, Shield-pressuring, and defensive, Wario, lacking projectiles, really has to go towards the enemy to fight.

Wario's +s for Pit
-Wario does better against Sonic than Pit does, even though it is 50/50 with Pit vs Sonic.
-Wario can eat opposing Naners, turnips, and gyros.
-Wario's Bike can be used as a Shield for Pit while Pit can shoot arrows from behind it, and avoid certain projectiles, like Wolf Blaster. Pit it tall enough so his arrows wont hit the bike.
-Wario does better against many characters than Pit does, Snake, Falco, and G&W are a few examples.
-Wario does better against MK which benefits Pit quite well.

Pit's +s for Wario
-Pit does well against DK with his small F-throw chain and easy gimping capabilities, even though Wario gots a CG too.
-Pit can gimp opponents well with arrows, thus allowing Wario not to approach em off stage and risk a stock.
-Pit does better against D3 than Wario.
-Pit can support Wario from long range, and stop opponents from attempting to grab release him.

Problems with this team:
-Both characters have short ranges and can easily be troubled.
-Both characters have a disadvantage vs Marth

This team is rather good and interesting. Wario can actually be a supporter to Pit, eatin naners and gyros, using the Bike as a temporary projectile barrier, and living long. Both characters do help each other out in bad matchups, Pit helping Wario with D3, and Wario helping Pit out with basically every single one of his bad matchups, except Marth, which both chars dislike.
Both have good recoveries, though Pit is easily gimped.
I rate this team to be 9/10. Marth would probably be their main problem, even more so than MK.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Pit and Toon Link, can anyone mention how that would work? I'm going to a tournament tomorrow...

Top Bottom