• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's get fancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I was doing this for the lulz, have yet to see anyone else do it.

Quick Throw Grenade (No Platform)

How To
Grenade > Shield Drop > Jump > Airdodge Canceled Throw (Airdodge, then throw just before it starts)

What Happens:
Snake drops the grenade, jumps, catches and throws the grenade in one motion.

Uses:
Throwing it across stage quickly - I believe this is faster then a Shield Drop > Pickup > Throw

It also can be instantly thrown in ANY OF THE NORMAL FOUR DIRECTIONS. :)

Mixups:
You can also hold the grenade and finish the airdodge, then throw it however you like.

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1ZT44_CMKA

napZzz

Smash Hero
I was just trying this, and sometimes snake would do the throwing animation after I did the air dodge throw but the nade would just drop. Any reason why? Is it useful? Just trying to explore possibilities.

SuSa

I was just trying this, and sometimes snake would do the throwing animation after I did the air dodge throw but the nade would just drop. Any reason why? Is it useful? Just trying to explore possibilities.
No idea how you're doing that, but you could just throw it down (or possibly z-drop it) so that's not very useful. :laugh:

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Why is it only 2 weeks after I've integrated this into my game that everyone else realizes that this can work? I try to be ahead of the curve but sometimes it comes too fast *sigh*

SuSa

Why is it only 2 weeks after I've integrated this into my game that everyone else realizes that this can work? I try to be ahead of the curve but sometimes it comes too fast *sigh*
I thought of this when I saw the airdodge throwing thread, finally got my wii, forgot about it, and remembered today (5 days after getting my wii) and did the testing and made the thread for it.

Also SP, you should know I'm onto you. :p I watch you, stalk you, look at your hands when you play Brawl... :psycho: :psycho: :psycho:

that one guy has a thread about this
There's one about airdodge throwing in general, then we have a Jump-Cancel throwing one here. So please link to whatever the hell you are talking about.

mofo_

Smash Ace
There's one about airdodge throwing in general, then we have a Jump-Cancel throwing one here. So please link to whatever the hell you are talking about.
yeah its the same thread u said http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=233691

but anyways this what's in it:

Masky said:
1. Airdodge cancelled grenade throwing out of shield
To my knowledge, THIS IS FASTER THAN ANY OTHER METHOD OF PULLING OUT AND THROWING A GRENADE since you save time by jumping out of shield. Please someone correct my if I'm wrong.
To do this, pull out a grenade (B), then shield. Now, quickly jump out of your shield and airdodge (picking up the grenade), then cancel the airdodge with an item throw. You can move to the left or right while you do this. (Note: if you're having trouble jumping out of shield then airdodging, press the buttons in this order: press B, hold L, jump, release L, quickly press L and release it, c-stick).
which i believe is the same thing this thread is about

napZzz

Smash Hero
No idea how you're doing that, but you could just throw it down (or possibly z-drop it) so that's not very useful. :laugh:
not very useful? psh. More like awesome flashiness. i mean, snake looks like he's throwing a nade and doesn't! Myndgaemz!

But to be on topic I've tried thinking of things this can be used for and idk the forward and back throw one in general in fast is useful and the dribble thing cant really do much other than look cool I guess.

*wants another use for this*

Masky

Smash Master
wait WTF, I definitely updated my grenades trick topic with this information on 5/13, and this topic was created on 5/15 (and I even went to the trouble of making a video, uploaded on 5/13, which is edited to take out the parts where I mess up and actually recorded with a capture card unlike yours). seriously, wtf?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=233691
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w6kmQXOR_Y

and I like how NO ONE commented on it at all when I posted it lol, probably because I didn't make a whole new topic

UPDATE: I found two other cool uses for airdodge-cancelled item throwing.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w6kmQXOR_Y

1. Airdodge cancelled grenade throwing out of shield
To my knowledge, THIS IS FASTER THAN ANY OTHER METHOD OF PULLING OUT AND THROWING A GRENADE since you save time by jumping out of shield. Please someone correct my if I'm wrong.
To do this, pull out a grenade (B), then shield. Now, quickly jump out of your shield and airdodge (picking up the grenade), then cancel the airdodge with an item throw. You can move to the left or right while you do this. (Note: if you're having trouble jumping out of shield then airdodging, press the buttons in this order: press B, hold L, jump, release L, quickly press L and release it, c-stick).
edit: oh wait nm it looks like someone else called you out first, haha

Panix

Smash Ace
Do this for a cool trick.

Shild drop nade>jump+z before it hits the ground>Jump+z>Jump+z away from nade.

Nice little nade juggle.

Edit- Z=Grab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom