• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to make your own BRSTM files (Custom songs) mp3 or wav to brstm

illinialex24

Smash Hero
First, go here:
http://stacksmash.cultnet.net/commu...=24&t=70&sid=5f296379fc5b65a5499578a4dc0ffa58

Now, download the audacity thing here:
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/latest/audacity-win-zip/audacity-win-1.2.6.zip

Make a file called "BRSTM Song Maker"

Now, extract them there.

Then, download and install this mp3 to wav converter:
Here

Now, get all the .mp3's you want to be .brstm's and download this one .brstm so you can use it constantly as a model:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jzyj5kutnxk

Now, put this in "OriginalSongs".

Put all the .mp3's in the Audacity folder and open the exe. Now, it uses complicated stuff but you have to first split the stereo if its possible. If it isn't, you have a good WAV file. Make a folder and put it in there. If it can be split, then click on the arrow for both and change them to mono, and export imultiple files. Choose numbering consecutively and output it. Put these in the folder you made in audacity.

Now, its time to convert those mono (either both stereo tracks or 1 mono track) into a brstm file. Run the batch file from the brstm thing and choose either mono or stereo (A or B) based on what your file currently is (IE, does it have 1 or 2 mono tracks). Now, it will output files and say press enter when your done editing.

Now, delete the two wav (or 1 if you chose mono) and paste yours in. If yours is mono, rename it to the previous file and press enter. If it was stereo, then rename the one with the -1 ending to L and the other one to R. Then press enter. Follow the rest of the steps, choose a file name, and it will output it. You can use these if there is ever a File Replacement using brstm's or with a hacked ISO.

Enjoy :)

Oh and btw..... you cannot have any .txt files or .wav files inside the folder with the batch file when you run the bath file, if you do, it will have override errors. Just delete these.

camelot

Smash Ace
I can't wait until there's a way to change SFX, not just music. Get some of those Melee hit sound effects (i.e. the WHACK from Mario's f-air).

Recoil

Smash Journeyman
So, custom music IS possible with a USB Loader correct? If you could, please post/pm me the details of this please. I would really like to know more about this.

Sukai

Smash Champion
-cough-www.google.com-cough-torrent-cough-
Dude, seriously, **** like this can get you a free infraction.
ISO acquirement is illegal to to discuss here.
However, I'm sure that suggesting that you rip the ISO off you own Brawl disc is legal to mention. If I'm wrong, this'll be edited out.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Dude, seriously, **** like this can get you a free infraction.
ISO acquirement is illegal to to discuss here.
However, I'm sure that suggesting that you rip the ISO off you own Brawl disc is legal to mention. If I'm wrong, this'll be edited out.
Well, its against the rules. There are some legaler ways of doing it but yeah, its not to be discussed whatsoever.

Recoil

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure he didn't want the iso, just a ripped soundtrack. Music doesn't mean you'll be ripping the whole ISO. If I'm mistaken, then my bad about that.

Also, alex, could you please clarify on the usb loader custom music via wall/pm?

jackharvest

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure he didn't want the iso, just a ripped soundtrack. Music doesn't mean you'll be ripping the whole ISO...
True. If the music were up for grabs, and you shoved a link up here, you'd be fine. The complete ISO however (as you assumed correctly) would get you shot in the foot. Heh.

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
is the MP3 to WAV really necessary? audacity can open MP3s and save them as WAVs... also, question...how do you make it so when you save the WAV, it's in mono?

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Sorry to break it to you guys, but the BRSTM tool Androu1 made uses the Revolution SDK, namely dspadpcm.exe and dspadpcmD.exe, so talking about infractions at this point is pretty much useless now.

bobson

Smash Lord
Sorry to break it to you guys, but the BRSTM tool Androu1 made uses the Revolution SDK, namely dspadpcm.exe and dspadpcmD.exe, so talking about infractions at this point is pretty much useless now.
It seems that infractions are handed out for what could potentially get SWF in trouble rather than what's strictly illegal, as evidenced by the PAC archive. This'll probably slide under the rug.

And with the release of this tool I'm suddenly feeling empathetic of my grandfather who always used to complain about how he grew his own food and we microwaved everything.

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
Sorry for the epic bump but could I get details on how to get this on a USB loader via pm?

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Instead of using this, I recommend just using Dantarion's GUI. It's much more user-friendly and less confusing for those new or getting used to everything.

Keep this thread down. It's practically outdated anyway.

Top Bottom