• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6/27/09 A Fused Brawl!!! -Port St. Lucie, FL presented by Fusion Gaming

Snowflaco

Smash Cadet
Fusion Gaming presents A Fused Brawl!

Format:

Doubles, Singles

Date/Time:
June 27th Doubles will begin at 1:00pm and Singles will begin at 6:00pm, assuming that the Doubles has finished. If not it, will begin soon after.

You can preregister on our website http://www.fusiongaming.cc or you can register the day of at the store.

Gamer Fees:

Singles-$15 per player
Doubles-$20 per team

Rules:

Rules= Stock
Stock = 3
Timer = 8mins
Handicap = Off
Damage Ratio = 1.0
Friendly Fire = On
Self-destruct = -1
Items = Off

Metaknight is banned. (sorry guys to many complaints about it from last time)

If a player intentionally suicides to kill another player and it ends in a sudden death the player who initiated the suicide kill is the winner (examples are with Bowser, Kirby, D3, Ganondorf, etc.)

Both Tournaments are Double Elimination as well as best two out of three with the semifinals and finals best 3 out of 5.

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpicks:

Pokemon Stadium 1
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Pirate Ship
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Brinstar
Luigi's Mansion
Pokemon Stadium 2
Norfair

Banned:

Rainbow Cruise
Pipes (Yoshi's Island - Melee)
Distant Planet
Pictochat
Onett
Green Greens
Corneria
Green Hill Zone
Jungle Japes
Bridge of Eldin
Big Blue
Mario Circuit
Shadow Moses Island
Port Town
Skyworld
Mushroomy Kingdom
Rumble Falls
New Pork City
Summit
75M
Mario Bros. Old
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
WarioWare
Spear Pillar

Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

!!Prizes!!

Singles
1st- 45% of Admission Fees
2nd- 15% of Admission Fees
3rd- 5% of Admission Fees

Doubles
1st- 50%
2nd-10%
3rd- 5%

Snacks and Food will be available for purchase at Fusion Gaming

Including:
-Mountain Dew
-Coke/Diet Coke/Sprite
-Yoohoo
-Monster
-Bawls
-Green Tea
-Red Bull
-A&W Root Beer
-Water
-a variety of chips/cookies/candy

Fusion Gaming
1782 SE PSL Blvd.
Port St. Lucie, Fl, 34952

In the Morningside Shoppes between Pueblo Viejo III: Mexican Restaurant and the St. Lucie Bakery, behind the Pet Supermarket. Also located in the plaza is Chicken on the Run and Mangia Mangia.

Directions:

Coming from I-95

Take Exit 118 Tradition Parkway/Gatlin Blvd

Follow signs for Port St. Lucie and follow Sw Gatlin Blvd/FL-716

Turn left at SW Port St. Lucie Blvd/FL-716

Destination will be on the right

Coming from the Florida Turnpike (toll road)

Take exit 142 toward Port St. Lucie Blvd

Turn left at SW Bayshore Blvd.(signs for Bayshore N)

Turn Right at Port St. Lucie Blvd/FL-716

Destination will be on the right

So this is our 2nd Singles Brawl Tournament (which went pretty well! Thanks for coming out btw) and our 1st Doubles Brawl. Same as last time you can bring your own controllers if you wish and lets have some fun!

Snowflaco

Smash Cadet
Please post if your coming or not. We'd like to get an idea of how many we'll have.

<<<please see post #16 before complaining about pot ****>>>>

Snowflaco

Smash Cadet
Pot ****? Really? Gigabits in orlando had the same prize system as we do and I didn't see anyone complaining about that. Our last tournament had about 23 people and the winner walked away with about $150! I don't know about you but that would make my day. The more people we get (and we're expecting more this time) the bigger the prize money. I'm sorry that we're trying to survive here.

<<<<Please see post #16 before complaining about pot ****>>>>

nevershootme

Smash Master
Pot ****? Really? Gigabits in orlando had the same prize system as we do and I didn't see anyone complaining about that. Our last tournament had about 23 people and the winner walked away with about $150! I don't know about you but that would make my day. The more people we get (and we're expecting more this time) the bigger the prize money. I'm sorry that we're trying to survive here.
problem here is that gigs is a long running tourney place

Snowflaco

Smash Cadet
So? I think that would make it more imperative that we get something. We've only been open 5 months and still have many bills/loans to pay. You can look at our forums (www.fusiongaming.cc) and people really enjoyed our last smash tournament. Again its all about survival and we are just barely surviving.

nevershootme

Smash Master
well here's some calculations, which doesn't matter much.

your fee is $15, and 25 ppl attended. That's $375 total
Take 35% and you just yanked 131.25 leaving only $243.75 to distribute to the winners
1. (45%) = 109.68
2. (15%) = 36.56
3. (5%) = 12.18

If it's $10 with $5 door fee. you pocketed 125 in door fees itself, only 6 buck difference in taking the pot

now doing a 60/30/10 split example you get

1. (60%) = 150
2. (30%) = 75
3. (10%) = 25

lets look at 70/20/10

1. (70%) = 175
2. (20%) = 50
3. (10%) = 25

The difference is just 41 bucks in 1st place from both 45/15/5 and 60/30/10

now i'm not telling you to change it, but i'm just presenting you how the money will be distributed if you look between the types of distributions

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
well here's some calculations, which doesn't matter much.

your fee is $15, and 25 ppl attended. That's $375 total
Take 35% and you just yanked 131.25 leaving only $243.75 to distribute to the winners
1. (45%) = 109.68
2. (15%) = 36.56
3. (5%) = 12.18
109.68 + 36.56 + 12.18 = 158.42

Where is the other $85.33 to distribute to the winners LOL?

Anyway, Gigs takes 30% of the pot, giving the rest to top 4 or top 6 depending on entrants. Just sayin, since Gigs was being compared here.

Snowflaco

Smash Cadet
I don't think your math is right there. first of all if we took 35% and 1st place took 45% how did we take 131 while 1st took 109. That doesn't make sense. I think you need to look over your math

Snowflaco

Smash Cadet
Anyways I don't see how it matters how much a lan center makes to me. All I would care about as a player is the prize and $150 is $150 more than what i had before I entered.

Snowflaco

Smash Cadet
Okay now that i'm more awake I can show you the flaws in your logic.
So pay attention cause here's the rundown
If we did it our way with 25 people and we charge $15 to play with no door fee and the prize is 45/15/5:
Pot=$375
The Store's cut=$131.25
Winnings in this order 1st/2nd/3rd= $168.75/$56.25/$18.75

Now if we did it your way with 25 people and we charge $10 to play with a $5 door fee and the prize is 60/30/10:
Pot=$250
The Store's cut=(the 5 dollar door fee so the store's cut doesn't come out of the pot)$125
Winnings in this order 1st/2nd/3rd= $150/$75/$37.50

So as you can see in your system the people who lose out is the store and 1st place with 2nd and 3rd gaining and in our way 1st and the store get more while 2nd and 3rd get less. It all depends on your preference of who you think should get paid more 1st or 2nd and 3rd. I think 1st should get paid the more since they had the skill to win.

nevershootme

Smash Master
you could have said oh well your calculations are incorrect. rather than using the word logic, it's now becoming a ******** word anyways. what is this, everyone is spock? I'll look into thinking of going if i find a ride for this. and well gg banning mk on this

Snowflaco

Smash Cadet
Lol ya I've seen star trek like 3 times now. I can't help myself. Anyways ya that would be cool if you could make it. I'm glad we worked that out.

lw0nderbreadl

Smash Ace
idk if im goin to this, bad pot and mk is banned, im workin on fox but i cant do all matches with him

Snowflaco

Smash Cadet
the only reason mk is banned because it was almost unanimous from the people who showed up last time that he should be banned next time. Got to give what the majority wants.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
:\ if seibrik goes i will go with 5 people in mah car.

and man mk being unbanned isnt that bad. :\ in fact doesnt bother most of us anymore. its either u get better or gtfo against metaknight :\

Equi

Smash Ace
lol sup snowflake, it's Dock.

And uh. Yeah I'll be going to this since this place is like five minutes away from where I live rofl waffelz. Should be free money for me.

UNLESS PEOPLE LIKE SEIBRIK AND SMASH MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNTIY DECIDE TO ATTEND!

FA!!UCK!!

I NEED THE MONEY

BAD

NO JOB

BLAHAWOWHRLWE

Equi

Smash Ace
Dammit Snowflaco, posting the thread on smashboards drawing people like Seibrik and Riddle in. I was counting on this tourney for local income, aka gas money. And now we've got the smashcrew birds flocking in.

O_O

!_!

DL:fsjl;flkzj":JeI":FJLS

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Dammit Snowflaco, posting the thread on smashboards drawing people like Seibrik and Riddle in. I was counting on this tourney for local income, aka gas money. And now we've got the smashcrew birds flocking in.

O_O

!_!

DL:fsjl;flkzj":JeI":FJLS
:p
So sorry Equi.
But, all you have to do is beat us.
You can do it~!

Top Bottom