• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake Ditto Matchup Discussion

Morningstar

Smash Journeyman
His rolls are fast and move him far away from you so it's a little harder to tech chase Snake. Snake dittos often turn into creating forts of explosions and camping each other. :p

napZzz

Smash Hero
ftilt clashing is always fun :D

The crazy amount of explosives makes this fun, and being able to control and work them to your advantage is probably one of the keys to winning this matchup.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
The most boring matchup in the game, and one that I loathe playing. All about spacing Ftilts and getting the first grab. The Snake who stays grounded the longest wins. Also, nades, camping, and most tricks are next to useless.

And oddly enough it seems this is one of my better matchups. I don't lose Snake dittos very often. The only Snake ditto I've ever lost was an MM against Ally (which went to game 3) a few months ago. I still hate the ditto with a passion, though.

Jamnt0ast

Smash Journeyman
I really love snake dittos. It's entirely about outsmarting and predicting.
shield the ftlt and follow up with your own. Grab shields. jab to grab/ftilt. It's all good.

Exia 00

Smash Champion
Snake dittos are lame... Learn how to fight Snake I guess...or get a secondary.

Only New Pork City is big enough for 2 Snakes.

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
The most boring matchup in the game, and one that I loathe playing. All about spacing Ftilts and getting the first grab. The Snake who grounded the longest wins. Also, nades, camping, and most tricks are next to useless.

And oddly enough it seems this is one of my better matchups. I don't lose Snake dittos very often. The only Snake ditto I've ever lost was an MM against Ally (whcih went to game 3 btw) a few months ago. I still hate the ditto with a passion, though.
*cough* candy *cough*

:-P

How to fight your self? Grab the port for best grabbing armour. Advantage right there. I'm not really sure what would be the best method for taking this match. I guess whichever method your normally best at. You could try to camp the whole match, or try your best at spacing. What is there to discuss really? If we main/second snake to begin with we should already be familiar with the tricks of the trade. The only thing really worth mentioning is what do you use of snake's to beat out the others snake's.

Only New Pork City is big enough for 2 Snakes.
Too Big.

The most boring matchup in the game, and one that I loathe playing. All about spacing Ftilts and getting the first grab. The Snake who grounded the longest wins. Also, nades, camping, and most tricks are next to useless.

And oddly enough it seems this is one of my better matchups. I don't lose Snake dittos very often. The only Snake ditto I've ever lost was an MM against Ally (whcih went to game 3 btw) a few months ago. I still hate the ditto with a passion, though.
I wonder how you would take it if you did a FFA or doubles with just all Snake's xD I've not seen a tourney match like that where it's all Snake's.

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
ROFL, I forgot about that. $1 MMs at like 4am are awesome. I shoulda done another one Zelda vs Wario XD
my wario is scared ****less of your zelda lmao.....what an anoyying character

but as far as snake dittos....
its all about who can juggle the other the best...port doesnt matter that much b/c gernades arnt big in snake dittos....if som1 gernades you can just grab him and throw them off the edge and you have the advantage from there
just usmash when they recover so it takes away 1 of there options and then punish w/e option they use

Exia 00

Smash Champion
I exaggerated to make a point :colorful: Is there a term for that ? lol

My point was, stages like BF and FD are too small for both Snakes to take advantage of effectively. Just choose a stage that the player has no idea wtf to do on. My CP is always Rainbow Cruise. If the player doesn't know what to do, they are screwed :bee:

:034:

SuSa

Banned via Administration

And oddly enough it seems this is one of my better matchups. I don't lose Snake dittos very often. The only Snake ditto I've ever lost was an MM against Ally (which went to game 3 btw) a few months ago. I still hate the ditto with a passion, though.
Red depends.

And this is pretty much truth. (Your post)

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621

And oddly enough it seems this is one of my better matchups. I don't lose Snake dittos very often. The only Snake ditto I've ever lost was an MM against Ally (which went to game 3 btw) a few months ago. I still hate the ditto with a passion, though.
Falco dittos are way more boring than Snake dittos if the Falco's play campy.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I LOVE snake dittos.

This probably comes from maining GW.

Seriously, try playing GW against good snakes, then playing snake against them. Snake is so much more fun lol.

It's like..Hey! I can reach you now!

nevershootme

Smash Master
To be honest, snake ditto is the most entertaining out of every other ditto matchup for the rest of the cast.

Do we want to watch 2 MK's planking each other for the next 8 minutes? No...

Do we want to watch 2 PT's doing flips and ****? Ok maybe that's sorta entertaining.

Do we want to watch 2 G&W's doing turtles all day? /sleep

Snake dittos are basically a test of survival and technique to gain the upper hand with everything you got.

SNAKE DITTOS!!!

Discuss.
I agree we are certainly discussion this match up. We should add a poll to it as well. Those in favor that Snake Dittos are Fun say "yes". Those in favor of saying they aren't fun say "no". Don't care, say "don't care". ANyone that cannot say a simple yes, no or don't care is pain to deal with as they are smart ***es.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Falcon dittos are the best ditto in the game

As for Snake dittos, everything important was said already for the most part, whoever can get their opponent in the air first and make good use of uair and mortars will get a huge lead

55/45 for port 4

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
I really hate the ditto as well....so boring. I only try in tourney ;).

Samurai basically summed it up because he's so kool. <3.

Nic64

Smash Lord
ganondorf ditto's > everything else mentioned

snake ditto's are almost as gay as facing olimar.

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
Ugh snake dittos /sigh.

4 grenades at once and 2 C4's = WWIII on battlefield.

I guess it just depends on who f-tilts, grabs not necessarily more but more preciesly?, and edge guards better IMO.

The ultimate battle of the manliness.

IxxI

Smash Fence
Anyone else notice that in Snake dittos, when both snakes are camping, it always ends up in one big grenade explosion that blows up one person? XD

Bladewing

Smash Apprentice
i agree snake dittos are the worst. It's literally the definition of "camp and spam nades".

edit: oh and for my input: camp and spam nades.

Shadow_of_Link

Smash Apprentice
Snake dittos are a bit boring, but I like them.

You basically CAN'T attack directly because anything you do can be punished by the other snake if it's not spaced well.

Although nades and baiting attacks work really well from my experience.

RATED

Smash Lord

u haven't played ddd dittos that's awful, i main snake too, and yeah I hate dittos overall . and yeah getting the first grab change the match and the controller port thingy too.

Panix

Smash Ace
Alright, I'll try to really explain this MU since I play nothing but snakes (because I teach my friends snake here)

Like Havok said, there are 3 types of snake but I'd change the last one.

Campy
Offensive
Grabby

Vrsing a campy snake - When I vrs a campy snake I tend to not want to grab as much, because a when a snake camps a snake and a snake trys to grab, the grabbing snake usually eats a nade (lot of snake in that)
What I do like to do if i grab a snake that just pulled a nade is do a back or a forward throw and then pick there nade up and toss it at them, since they are usually off stage they can't strip you and it can do some nice dmg (about 25-30) I tend to camp back vrsing a snake and then punish the rolls and stepdodges. I also get more offensive throughout the match depending on how campy they are (if they do nothing but camp then I get offensive, if they camp but then go offensive I usually do the same) About 70% is when i stop camping vrs a snake (if I get to that) then go for the 2 ftilts and utilt for the kill.

Offensive snake - When a snake likes to play offensive I like to grab more often, Grabbing while a snake rarely uses nades is gold, Hopeing that the fact that you know how to boost grab, it's the same tech chase as everyone else (just with boosting). Now If a snake gets to Ftilt happy, I Usually either wait for him to throw up the first hit of the ftilt, and then return with a ftilt. For some reason whenever I play snake it's the second person who throws out the ftilt that usually lands it. (because ftilt brings out your hurtbox, amirite?) also, when you see snake creeping up for the ftilt, I wouldn't pull a nade. Because if he hits you he dose his ftilt dmg and then your nade dmg, which honestly isn't a trade off in a ditto so try to space one with him.

Grabby - Grabby snakes like to shield alot, they usually try for the shieldgrab and then tech chase or ftilt you out of your roll, if the fight gets personal and alot of ftilts are being throw and your face to face with snake, throw out a sh dair, the punish is bad, but the shield poke and the dmg return is a big reward, plus the knock back on dair is amazing. if your vrsing an inexperienced snake, standing right up and ftilting is something they fall for, but don't abuse it, you will eat a dair if they punish with it. Also, against grabby snakes camping can keep safe because they usually don't dthrow when theres a nade on the floor, because of inv frames from getup attacks.

Really I think of it like rock paper scissors.

Camp>Grab
Grab>Offensive
Offensive>Camp

Thats how I see it, and all in all you ALWAYS want to use the more balance of the equation, mixing it up, keeping your moves fresh, and not trying to be the predictable snake.

The smarter snake will win this MU, Handsdown.

napZzz

Smash Hero
u haven't played ddd dittos that's awful, i main snake too, and yeah I hate dittos overall . and yeah getting the first grab change the match and the controller port thingy too.
you must be forgetting about falco dittos, the gayest out of all gayz.

Like i said in the wrong matchup thread, it seems like this matchup just comes down to outsmarting the other snake and having the lower port. Dont think theres too much to it other than that.

gallax

Smash Hero
you got experience tony. no johns.

i love this MU too. there are so many things that you can do. whether its camping with nades and panting c4 and the occasional proximity mine. using the fair to destroy recoveries.

in dittos, you are never behind. even if you have one stock and the other has three, its still anyones game.

Top Bottom