• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SBaN #8: ECCSL Event #2 - SSBB. July 25th 2009

Niko_K

Smash Master
NikoK and Swordgard Present:

Smash Bros at Niko's #8 ECCSL #2

This is an ECCSL event! More information about ECCSL can be found here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=232168

Where?

Niko's House

4 Nickel St
St Catharines, ON L2M 1L5, Canada

When?

July 25th 2009

Schedule:

Doors open at 10:30
Brawl Doubles: 12 noon
Brawl Pools: 1:30
Brawl Singles : 3:00
Taco Pizza: 4:20
Brawl + Singles: 6:00
Brawl + Doubles: 8:00

Who?

1.NikoK
2.HolyNightmare
3.Cyan
4.SilverDoc
5.Hype
6.Mikey7
7.Swordgard
8.Pastaboy
9.GI
10.Dimmy
11.Kage
12.BluePeachy100
13.Nasir123
14.Pho
15.Wolfblade
16.AvariceX
17.Percon
18.Ambrose
19.KingAce

20.Minus
21.JL
23.Raidos
24.Violent-nin
25.Patches
26.Greg_2390
27.Chaotic
28.Zaf
29.Chester01
30.Iliad7
31.Zen
32.Toronto Joe
33.Iliad
34.Chef
35.Sauce

What?

Prices:

Venue: 5$
10$ per entrant for singles (5$ for Brawl+)
20$ per team for doubles ($10 for Brawl+)

Pot Distribution:

Brawl Doubles: 70/30
Brawl Singles: 60/30/10
Brawl+ Doubles: 70:30
Brawl+ Singles: 70/30

I cannot stress this enough, you need to bring setups in order for this tournament to run properly, if there is a lack of setups for this tournament I will not be running tournaments anymore

Anyway, current setups:

Brawl

TVs:
1.NikoK
2.NikoK
3.Mikey7
4.Mikey7
5.Pastaboy
6.AvariceX
7.Percon
8.Iliad
9.NikoK
10.Nikok
11.Zaf
12.Zaf
13.Zaf

Wii + Brawl:

1.Mikey7
2.Pastaboy
3.AvariceX
4.Hype
5.Patches
6.Percon
7.SilverDoc
8.Swordgard
9.Swordgard
10.Iliad
11.HolyNightmare
12.Zaf
13.Chester01

Universal

Recording:

1.NikoK
2.Lawlb0t

Extension cords/power bards:

1.NikoK - A lot
2.Mikey7 - 3x
3.Percon - Power Bars

Food:

Christinas Pizza sports a nice restaurant for those to sit and eat as well as a variety store within th same plaza. If this doesn't suffice KFC and other stores are a drives away.

The Rules: Brawl

* 3 Stock
* 7 minute timer
* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

Infinites/Excessive Stalling

Infinite and excessive stalling are both banned. You are considered to be stalling infinitely when you are using a technique that prevents the other player from reaching you indefinitely. Excessive stalling is when you use a technique to stall a match by remaining untouchable for a significant amount of time. Examples include using Fox's shine in great excess while recovering in an unreachable location, using Pit's up B to move back and forth underneath a stage, and more. This will result in a forfeit of your stock. End of Story.

*D3 Walking and Standing Infinites are banned.

*Characters who have the ability to swing from ledge to ledge underneath the stage (MK, Pit, ROB, Jiggz, etc) are not allowed to cross back and fourth from underneath the stage. You may cross over once, and you MUST touch the stage again before crossing underneath again. If you have crossed already, you are not allowed to go halfway underneath the stage and then come back.

Set Format

-Stage Striking MUST be used unless random has been mutually agreed on.
-Matches are 3 stocks with 7 minute time limit.
-All Sets will be best of 3. Winners/Losers Finals and Grand Finals being best of 5.
-First match you may call upon a 3rd party to have double blind picks.
-Loser of the next round then chooses the stage while the winner chooses their character followed by the loser choosing theirs.
-You cannot choose the same stage more than once in your set of 3. Unless the stage you had liked to pick was chosen on random.
-Pausing is only allowed if for a phone call or emergency, anything out of reason(breaking combo's, time to think or shield, etc) will forfit your stock.

IF SOMEONE IS DOING THIS TO YOU DURING A MATCH, PAUSE THE GAME AND CALL FOR TOURNAMENT STAFF

The staff will monitor the rest of the match or set. You will BOTH receive a warning. Yes, even if you were being infinited. This is in place to keep people from abusing the system. Tournament staff may disqualify someone from a match or the entire tournament if you are caught doing a "standing infinite" or if this is abused. I know it won't be an issue, we've got a great scene with no jerks, but I just want to cover my bases. I will personally see to and heated disputes.

WE ARE USING THE STAGE STRIKE SYSTEM

Stage List

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Lylat Cruise
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Smashville

Counterpicks:
Delfino Plaza
Rainbow Cruise
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium 1
Jungle Japes

Banned:
Everything else.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
First. :)

I'll see if I can make it.

aint no final niagara till niko says it is

swordgard

Smash Hero
July 25th-26th is best for m2k that i know.

For myself, probably thats the one where i have the most chance to go too. We dont want this as the same time as genesis though :S

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Oh yeah! If onl July 25-26th, I'll definitly go! I can't believe it, a tournament within 50 miles of my home!!! Thank you Buffalo, New York!

Gichan

Smash Champion
But the thing is, the tourney F1ZZ and 5ive wanna host will also be on the 26th.

then again, the fact that Club LaSalle is THE smash venue, i guess you guys should have priority. Niko, you being the host of this one, please speak to F1ZZ or 5ive about this. or maybe, we can get the 18th and you guys the 26th?

Just talk to the guys...

Pho

Smash Journeyman
Oh Snap! More Rematches Of Ally And M2k. I Am So There!

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
I got this, this is the tourney where I'll beat both Ally and M2K and will be claimed absolute best in the world.

*I think it would have better to post this in the canadian topic, cause more ppl check there.

swordgard

Smash Hero
I got this, this is the tourney where I'll beat both Ally and M2K and will be claimed absolute best in the world.

*I think it would have better to post this in the canadian topic, cause more ppl check there.

Only to be overthrown by two ******* that will grab your robot and cg him ot death :)

I wont choke this if i go.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I've updated the attendance list and we're at 35 people. I cannot stress how important it is to bring TV's and Consoles. If you have room to bring one, I kind of expect you to bring it. The more setups we have the better the event can be *see OiN4.*

There are at least 75 people expected to confirm by the end of may. Let everyone know and fill up your cars with players and gear!

Sticky?

Top Bottom