• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TGP May Monthly // 5/23/09

TGPAdmin

Smash Ace
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for coming! I had a lot of FUN! Thanks to DMbrandon for helping out running things since we had so much going on. We ahd some great matches and some exciting upsets! Can't wait to see Everyone next month!

Brawl Low Tier(12 people)
4: Zucco
5: Kruton
5: Ophy
7: fishy
7: Az
9: Mizu
9: GWJumpman
9: njurypoker
9: Mercer

Brawl Teams(8Team)
4: lumpy gravy (Umbra and Az)
5: Imakilu (Kruton and doug)
5: steak gyros (Cam and Fishy)
7: PSUSW (njurypoker & SLim)
7: life partner (Javi and Matt L)

Brawl Singles(21 people)
4: umbra(Meta)
5: HolyChef(IC)
5: snakeee(ZSS)
7: Ophy(MEta)
7: Ether
9: GWJumpman
9: Cam(Sonic)
9: Kruton(Peach,Mario,Snake)
9: ROFL?
13: Javier(Wario,Meta,DK)
13: Az
13: Matt L
13: Mizu
17: fishy
17: njurypoker
17: Allied
17: Mercer
17: HyperEnergy
17: Eric

Melee SIngles
4: Beef
5: Slim
5: Eltho
7: njurypoker

zachyjcosta

Smash Apprentice
hey why is 1st and 2nd place spots blank for brawl singles?

too bad i wasn't there. Melee would've been an interesting turnout.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
nick must have posted the results thread before the tournament finished

top 2 was shadow and dmbrandon idk who won

shoutouts later

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Shoutouts time!

1st and foremost, HolyChef! I never even talked to you, but you play freaking Ice Climbers. I was the guy cheering for you every time I saw you playing, you're definitely the best IC on the east coast even though you're the only one I know of.

Orphy - :094: kills at 70% on Delfino. It's sooooo broken.

Zucco, I never got to play you. :(

Ether, I was gonna ask you for a money match but didn't realize you were the last person I played before leaving.

Snakeee! Amazing ZSS, had no idea she ***** on Rainbow Cruise. But don't worry, I won't tell anyone you're newfound weakness.

Kruton - Guy with a personality, that's cool man.

Hyper Energy, I only got to play a few friendlies, but they were fun!

ROFL? - Learn to chaingrab.

ROFL?

Smash Cadet
What GwJ no shoutout for me? Scrub!

My first real tourny. Good times. Thanks to everyone who went for making my first one enjoyable. I hope to see you all again.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Hey fun tourney, not that best turn out and wish teams and low tier was a $10 entry but oh well lol. I care more about placings now (even though I am broke :(). GGs to everyone I played.

...GW what do you mean about this weakness? lol.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
*******s from NY/NJ making easy money. If I was there you know what'd happen
Same here. :)

Good stuff Nick.

Brandon, I must **** you next time we fight in order to keep my 4th rank. I beat Kelvin in an MM today, and you're my next target. :mad:

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
Shoutouts time!

1st and foremost, HolyChef! I never even talked to you, but you play freaking Ice Climbers. I was the guy cheering for you every time I saw you playing, you're definitely the best IC on the east coast even though you're the only one I know of.

Orphy - :094: kills at 70% on Delfino. It's sooooo broken.

Zucco, I never got to play you. :(

Ether, I was gonna ask you for a money match but didn't realize you were the last person I played before leaving.

Snakeee! Amazing ZSS, had no idea she ***** on Rainbow Cruise. But don't worry, I won't tell anyone you're newfound weakness.

Kruton - Guy with a personality, that's cool man.

Hyper Energy, I only got to play a few friendlies, but they were fun!

ROFL? - Learn to chaingrab.
ORPHY WUT

10charizards

I can't believe Ether beat me.

bawwwwww

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Shoutouts!

1: gg
2: gg
3: Zucco(Lucario) - Never played your Lucario, but you had a sick Ness. Don't know how I let you beat me the first time around, but I had my revenge ;D It's all about the mindgames.
4: umbra(Meta) - Finally played you! lol, great time, nice MK. I need moar practice, I've almost got the matchup down pack.
5: HolyChef(IC) - One grab = One stock!!!!11!1eleven!1!
5: snakeee(ZSS) - Really cool dude, quite, but cool. I had loads of fun playing you. Gdorf > MK.
And I told you, No-Nanner Diddy is the only way to go. Nanners are overated. I might just have to keep that replay to myself so this "ADHD" guy I keep hearing about doesn't steal my strategy ;D Low tier matches were too close, very nice Shiek. Wish I could've played your ZSS a little more, but it was fun.
7: OPHELIA (MEta) - RAWR! I so had you XD lol@delfino being the ultimate Camalange counterpick >_> Killing at 70% is NO GOOD. Fun match though, it should be up on YouTube eventualy.
:093: > :094:
9: GWJumpman - GwJ > Fishy? lolwhut? Nice stuff bro, one grab = one stock!1!11?
9: Cam(Sonic) - What a guy!
9: Kruton(Peach,Mario,Snake) - Had fun playing you in low tier :p
9: ROFL? - Congrats on your first tourney placing! lrn2chaingrab!
17: fishy - Dude, brackets ***** you. TGP kept placing LoCal vs LoCal because they're afraid! They're afraid to play LoCal so they make us knock eachother out in Low Tier AND Singles!
17: njurypoker - I saw your matches against Fishy in low tier, your Lucas is getting better :D
17: Allied - Wait...is this...ALLIED? THE Allied? Oh shi- Fun times bro! Really cool, had fun playing you. I never played a Kirby who could grab me so **** much! I was losin' it XD
Shadow - You're an insanely fast player. We had very close matches but it seems like you're just one step ahead of me. Great stuff..and congrats if you're the guy who took the mysterious first place? Or second?
dmbrandon - Congrats on first or second? lol

Oh, and GwJ, Snakeee said he WISHED Low Tier was a $10 entry, not that it WAS $10.

Also, thanks to Nick for running a smooth tourney. Good times.

:093:

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
LoCal is just so good that the TGP bracket pitted us against each other so we wouldn't win.

You see, when you play with LoCal, One grab = One stock!!!1!11eleven!onehundredeleven!

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
My tag is FISHY

Shadow - Wish you would have played me without the money match. Oh well, getting you down to last stock at 100% with ROB vs your meta is good enough for now. I'll get better and play you again one day =)
dmbrandon - didn't get to play you =\. I don't like sitting in a chair when I play either, so I usually stand. Props to you for playing while kneeling/sitting on the floor... way to be different, lol. Have you tried playing standing or is kneeling just better for you?
3: Zucco(Lucario) - Didn't get to play you, but your lucario was getting almost as much hype as LoCal.
4: umbra(Meta) - We were so close to playing and then Ophy stepped in XD
5: HolyChef(IC) - Sorry GwJ was so loud. He's just jealous that he can't actually do any of the chaingrabs like you can =). LoCal supports you, even if none of us actually played you.
5: snakeee(ZSS) - You were really nice, thanks for the games after singles. Your ZSS is scary and aggresive offstage against a recovering ROB. No-Nanner Diddy strikes again! As much as I love watching Cam play NND, my favorite moment must have been MK vs Ganon... Tornado..........BOOT SAYS NO! (Ftilt KO)
7: OPHELIA (Meta) - Fun games, fun times. Stop letting me capitalize on your SD's and you would have won a lot more of our friendlies =P
9: GWJumpman- No items. ROB only. Final Destination. Enough said. I remember the good ol' days when you were so bad at ROB dittos. Way to not agree to Hanenbow. It's too legit
9: Cam(Sonic) - What can I say? You have the low tier magic touch. You always recover, even with Ganon. You vs. Snakee in low tiers Sonic vs Shiek was crazy fun to watch. Dmbrandon's like "What kind of Sonic counterpicks Battlefield?" and you say "The kind that wins" when you get the last KO. I'd rather play you in grand finals instead of the second or third match into a tourney =) Texture hacks are too...good?
9: Kruton(Peach,Mario,Snake) - Didn't get to play you, but I saw you play GwJ a lot, nice stuff. We'll get Mario dittos sometime
9: ROFL? - Nice job with your first tourney. You put BYE into the loser's bracket AND knocked BYE out of the tournament... I should have mm'ed him. Welcome to LoCal, good luck with getting the venue for our own tournament.
17: fishy - Needs to step it up. 11th grade month of May johns. No worries Nick, I'll just play better (and more) so it won't matter who I get in brackets.
17: njurypoker - Low tier matches are too good. I want to see the Mario one on PokeStadium1 again. I know I pressed jump before the up-air. Oh well, good times =)
17: Allied - THE Allied? Best Kirby on the East Coast? I think so! You were fun to hang out with, thanks for the friendlies. Maybe I should pick up a random lower tier character to get more crowd support XD

PA needs to step it up. First M2k comes, now this =P.

And finally, Ether. you were mad chill. I was camping so much on frigate I felt bad, lol. I play ROB and I was camping vs Snake and feeling bad about it... that's never a good sign. I guess I shouldn't try new stuff in tournament, but I had to see if it worked, and it does (as long as you don't miss the platform again lol) Here's the video that led to my downfall http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAZoEo4xnZk Skip to 0:45

All in all, it was fun, looking forward to the next one. Again, PA needs to step it up and stop letting NJ come and take all our money =P Where was the rest of ToE? LoCal wants crew battles

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
Screw :094: tag

My new tag is now : 025 : without the spaces.

Including a new a character corresponding to that number.

GET ***** NEXT TIME GUYS

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
Fun tournament :D.
i wish the turnout was better, i was expecting more ppl.
ggs to everyone i played... i don't really do individual shoutouts ever -_-
100% juice = too good! XD
I got 1st in singles, beating dmbrandon.
he won the first set but i won the second.
i used mk/wario... used wario just as much, if not more than mk.
is there an AiB page for this? if so can someone post it? can't find it :confused:

Allied

Smash Master
1:ggs
2:ggs
3: Zucco(Lucario) This kid won the SF4 event at this also! Wow your such a beast man next time we definitally have to do friendlies ^_^
4: umbra(Meta) Umbra with the icies clutch nice victory on ophy
5: HolyChef(IC) great friendlies man it really helped me learn the icies matchup <3!
5: snakeee(ZSS) really nice meeting you man great ZSS
7: Ophy(MEta) >.>
7: Ether nice seeing you again next time we definitally should play a friendly ^_^
9: GWJumpman nice friendlies man you are insane XD
9: Cam(Sonic) haha great set btw omg your sonic has way more mindgames then any other i've faced hence your the best sonic on the east coast XD
9: Kruton(Peach,Mario,Snake) AHHH insane samus for low tier
17: fishy haha great rob friendlies thanks <3!
17: Allied someone has to get last place on purpose ^_^
17: HyperEnergy AHHH
17: Eric

dmbrandon - great talking to you really wish we had a friendly XD next time tho
shadow - really nice meeting you really wish we had a friendly too ur such a beast XD
Right now still uploading matches
only set i got right now is

Me vs Holychef
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtwxNT6jZBE match 1 (match is a little laggy)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQj46KiSXek match 2 (match music is laggy)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnd0GzSPrSY match 3

Uploading doubles GF now

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
So, I motion that for the next Low Tier tourney, we don't allow the "Mid Tier, but supposedly bad" characters. No johns if you can't play legit low tier, step it up.

Example.
Shiek and Fox are two of Link's worse matchups. Shiek and Fox are allowed at this low tier tournament, giving them an unfair advantage to a legit low tier main.

Example.
Camalange shouldn't of gotten 3rd when the people that placed in 1st and 2nd used either Fox or Shiek.

I'll repost this in the next tournament thread if need be.

:/

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
So, I motion that for the next Low Tier tourney, we don't allow the "Mid Tier, but supposedly bad" characters. No johns if you can't play legit low tier, step it up.

Example.
Shiek and Fox are two of Link's worse matchups. Shiek and Fox are allowed at this low tier tournament, giving them an unfair advantage to a legit low tier main.

Example.
Camalange shouldn't of gotten 3rd when the people that placed in 1st and 2nd used either Fox or Shiek.

lol, i completely agree. i barely play fox or PT and beat players who actually main or secondary low tiers with them. i have a problem with PT, fox, sheik, and SONIC though.
cmon, sonics have placed well in regular singles.. i don't see any other low tier getting anywhere near the placements of sonic. he is obviously the best low tier character, but i don't think any of the other low tiers can really compete with him at all.

Allied

Smash Master

Example.

Example.

sonic will be midtier by next tier list haha
no more low tier for cam!
^_^_^

next time lets do low tier 2v2

Snakeee

Smash Master
I believe Sonic is mid tier and actually barely on the upper half of the roster. You have a point though, yet you have to factor your own character into that equation then.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
shoutouts

2:DMbrandon(Meta)- awesome sets, both games. mk dittos were too fun
5: HolyChef(IC)- facing you was so scary, i had no idea what to do so i instinctively ran away lol. sick ics
7: Ophy(MEta)- mk dittos were too close, you have improved massively since last time we played :)
9: GWJumpman- nice rob, you were ridiculously hard to gimp lol. good matches
9: Cam(Sonic)- your sonic is beast, idk how you do that **** but now I want to learn it
9: Kruton(Peach,Mario,Snake)- just go snake and win lol nice seeing you again
13: Javier(Wario,Meta,DK)- ggs in melee, why didn't you go snake at all?
13: Az- nice seeing you again, sorry I suck at teams :(
13: Mizu- fun matches as usual, we need to play pokemon more lol
17: njurypoker- great tournament as usual, had a lot of fun
17: Allied- nice meeting you, thanks for recording :)
17: Mercer- nice getting to see you again
Slim+Beef- thanks for driving me around all night lol

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
lol, i completely agree. i barely play fox or PT and beat players who actually main or secondary low tiers with them. i have a problem with PT, fox, sheik, and SONIC though.
cmon, sonics have placed well in regular singles.. i don't see any other low tier getting anywhere near the placements of sonic. he is obviously the best low tier character, but i don't think any of the other low tiers can really compete with him at all.
Thank you for understanding where I'm coming from. If I want to settle for 9th in singles by handicaping myself with Sonic, I'll do so.

If I want to win a Low Tier tournament, just to lose to characters "who are bad but not low tier" I won't let it slide.

I'm not arguing here that Sonic is mid tier, but I do believe he is the best Low Tier has to offer...hence my signature. Thanks for your points.

I believe Sonic is mid tier and actually barely on the upper half of the roster. You have a point though, yet you have to factor your own character into that equation then.
I think I'm a little confused by this, what are we factoring?

HyperEnergy

Smash Journeyman
Time for some shoutouts!

2:DMbrandon(Meta) - Nice meeting you. And getting ***** in my first singles set. At least I was able to record those matches. =/
Also, you were right, it is possible to save controller configurations to the wii remote. Why did nobody tell me this earlier lol.
5: HolyChef(IC) - Out of 15-20 or so friendlies we played, I won what, 3 at most? IC infinite chain grab to inescapable fully charged upsmash is way too deadly.
5: snakeee(ZSS) - I'm glad I was able to get ***** play you a couple times. =)
9: GWJumpman - Nice friendlies we had. Your Rob just never let me get back on the stage lol. Expect some improvement next time we play.
9: Cam(Sonic) - Is it just me, or did your Sonic improve significantly since Apex? Also, nice doubles matches we had at the beginning. Bridge of Eldin is too legit lol. Next time we should do Spear Pillar too. :)
9: Kruton(Peach,Mario,Snake) - You just had to counterpick snake in our tournament set didn't you? Lol, ggs.

Yeah, nice tournment, and ggs to anyone else I might've played. I was utterly destroyed, but still a good tournament.

HolyChef

Smash Ace
DMbrandon - Always a pleasure to see you. Good **** in doubles and singles. Seth looks broken.

umbra - Nice mk. I thought I'd win cause I've played NJ mk's but you were way better than I thought and played extremely smart.

PA has good mk's too.

Ophy - Nice meeting you. Fun friendlies. You should come out to an NJ tourney soon.

GWJumpman - wow.................... "one grab = one stock!1!!11!1eleventeen11!!1!". Super funny. In almost all my matches all I hear in the background is "ICE CLIMBER. HEY ICE CLIMBER! one grab = one stock" lol.

Cam(Sonic) - Thanks for the support lol. I'm definitely coming out to PA again.

LoCal is the best crew in PA. No meatriding intended.

Javier(Wario,Meta,DK) - This dude has a sick Jigs too. I should know. List that lol. Good **** winning melee.

Allied - Super cool guy. We gotta play again. That was the funnest set I had that whole day lol.

HyperEnergy - Good games. You're Lucario is pretty good. I remember you beat me the first game we played. I was scared after that lol.

PA has the nicest smashers I've met. I got greeted like a million times by people I didn't know which would never happen in some of the regions I've been to.

PCOLA for life son. We need to work on our cheerleading though. PA is too good at it.

Top Bottom