• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

aish's edmonton brawl monthlies - over

aish

Smash Journeyman
aish's brawl monthlies

Stickers will be on sale starting Nov 14th for 25 cents each!
Stickers page 1
Stickers page 2

TOE1 RESULTS HERE http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=233322
TOE2 RESULTS HERE http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=239339
TOE3 RESULTS HERE http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=243428
TOE4 RESULTS HERE http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=246224
ABM5 RESULTS HERE http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=250383
ASKM6 RESULTS HERE http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=252651
ASKM7 RESULTS HERE http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257019
Christmas Special - December 19-20 MELEE + BRAWL

-art by me-

NAIT
10100-10398 117 Ave NW
Edmonton, AB T5G‎
Room E117

Place:
Sou Kawaii (12923 97 St.)
*Outside food is no longer allowed inside

Time and schedule:
Melee will be day 1, brawl will be day 2
Doors open : 11 am
Doubles : 12:00 - 12:30 pm
Singles Pools : 3 pm
Singles Brackets : 4 30 pm
Low Tier Singles starts right after Singles finals!

Entry Fee:
Doubles - $20 ($10 dollars each)
Singles - $10
Low Tier Singles - $5

The Late Penalty:
By entering late you'll be starting out in the loser's bracket

Rules:
*3 stock.
*8 minutes.
*Double-elimination.
*No standing infinite chaingrabbing.
*No stalling.
*Items will be set to off.
*Finals/Semifinals will be played in 5 matches, all other sets will be 3 matches(except pools).
*Singles bracket will be determined from 1 match pools

*The first match of each set will use a double-blind character pick. The stage will be chosen by the stage strike method - players take turns striking a stage from the neutral list until one remains. The remaining stage will then be used for the first match.

*After the first match is played, the winner of the previous match bans a stage from being picked. The loser then announces the next stage, followed by the winner picking his character, and finally the loser picking his character. This is repeated for the third match, and fourth and fifth, if needed.

*Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock)
*If a game ends with a suicide move and the person initiating the Suicide Move is Losing in Percentage, that person Loses the Match.

*If the game ends in a time up situation, whoever has the greatest number of stocks remaining wins. If both players have an equal number of stocks, whoever has the lowest percent wins. If both players have equal stock and percent, the sudden death will be played out.

*An edge grab limit of 50 will be in place (to prevent stalling/camping). If the match ends in a time up and your stats show that you have grabbed the ledge at least 50 times, you will lose the match. If both players go over 50, then regular time up rules apply.

*Trashtalk is allowed, but if we feel it becomes too excessive, you will be given one warning before being asked (read:told) to leave. The same goes for being obstructive to other players. In no way will cursing or destruction of property be tolerated. Just don't be a jerk, and you'll be fine.

Stages:
Neutral
Final Destination
Battlefield
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counterpick:
Castle Siege
Halberd
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 1
Pokémon Stadium 2?
Rainbow Cruise
Norfair

Prizes:
1st Place: 60%
2nd Place: 30%
3rd Place: 10%

Melee Rules

*4 stock.
*8 minutes.
*Double-elimination.
*No standing infinite chaingrabbing.
*No stalling.
*Items will be set to off.
*Finals/Semifinals will be played in 5 matches, all other sets will be 3 matches(except pools).
*Singles bracket will be determined from 1 match pools

MELEE STAGES

Tournament Match Rules
- All matches follow this order of procedure: players choose their characters double blind, players choose a neutral starter stage based on the SBR Stage Striking system¹, each player can ban one stage for that set, players play out the match, and slob picks² determine the following matches and procedure.

- ¹The SBR Stage Striking system will be implemented for this tournament. This means that, in the first match of a set, both players will take turns striking out a neutral stage until they are left with two stages to play with. "Random" will decide which of the two stages will be played out. The rest of the neutral stages can later be used as counterpicks.

- ²Slob picks are when the loser of the previous match chooses a stage based on the stage list, then chooses their character after the winner of the previous match has chosen their character.
-
Stalling is not allowed in any shape or form. Infinites beyond 300 % are considered stalling. Players may "call the stall." By request, players may call the tournament organizer to referee a match, and the tournament organizer reserves the right to force an individual to forfeit if they continue stalling excessively.

- Wobbling is not allowed. Glitches that stall such as the Freezing Glitch are not allowed.

- If the timer reaches zero, player(s) with the most stocks will win. If both players have the same number of stocks, the player(s) with the lowest percentage will win. If both players have tied for this criteria, then a Sudden Death match will be played out.

- The Mages DQ Rule (with time modifications): If a tournament match has been called and a player does not show for 4 minutes, this player will receive a warning. If the player does not show 7 minutes after the match has been called, they will be given a loss for the first match of their set. If the player does not show 10 minutes after the match has been called, they will be given a loss for the entire set.

- Dave's Stupid Rule (with slight modifications): Players may not counterpick with a stage they have already won on during that set, but if a player counterpicks by choosing "Random", then this rule is ignored.

- In Doubles, Team Attack is on and life-stealing is allowed.

Setups :
Nait
Hensel brothers
Fraser

If you need to contact me here's my cell : 780-906-0788

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Well, if you're going Brandon, then.... maybe I can catch a ride with you ^__^

I couldn't make the last one and a bunch of people wanted me to go, so I'll try and make this one =D

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
NICE TRY!!! HYAYAYAYAYAYA!!! YOU'RE NOT READY YET!!!!

I'm there and Dan better come too *** bro

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Darren, this time you WILL have a ride. Hell, we should Smash more before this tourney anyway.
That sounds like a good plan :)
I feel a bit rusty at brawl right now, but if I played you for a bit I'm sure I'd get back into things

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I'll just go........uhhhh........................

Idk

:(

Yoshara

Smash Lord
I will probably be able to go, and I should most likely have a doubles partner this time (if Kyle/Rick isn't lazy again).

Skrem

Smash Apprentice
YOSHARA!! Hellz, if he's goin, im comin too :p
Spindash! Aint seen you since CT4, hope I get to see you destroy with sonic :p

Also, I don't know if anyone cares, but I drive and I can-if necessary, pick people up for the event, just pm me if you think you'll need a ride and we can arrange something.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Sarcasm xD

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic though, but that's the internet for ya :p

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Luke, team with me for all of these.

Also, i'm totally down for this actually. Though probably not seriously towards brawl, but Sou Kawaii seems like a pretty cool place.

I could use the cash though. oh hoho.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Fine Luke. You'll just have to settle for second place then bud. >:U

D: Sorry Van! We'll team instead. Our team can be called First Place.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Naw. Super cute asian doesn't work for you Vic. I once came up with an asian "theory" where I classified asians under certain categories. You don't fall under the category that that goes under.

1337i

Smash Cadet
Aww.... that's laaame. I'm talking Jeff to join this tourny... but I think he's probably going to get pwnd into the ground O_O

Top Bottom