• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sig Critique Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Just like the old critique topic, but now it's all sigs!

Same rules apply. Don't get upset if someone doesn't like your sig, don't bash, be mature, it's a good idea to give pros and cons to a sig, even if it's pretty terrible, etc etc.

DEACTIVATE YOUR SIGNATURE IN THIS TOPIC

It is acceptable (but not preferable) if you activate your sig banner for the purpose of example or public rating. But for posting simple comments, the sigs serve no purpose other than clogging up the already graphic-intensive critiques topic.

Three warnings, that's it.

And try to give other people some helpful comments before demanding feedback. If you genuinely can't think of something to say, fine. Don't stretch yourself. But at least try.

Conker315

Smash Lord
Yay, thanks alot for this Livvers.
Well my default would do for this time, but last time I got trashy advice ( except Demon Kirby :] )and I would appreciate if someone gives me at least one deep comment.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
Also many thanks to Livvers :3

I love the concept Conka, the lighting is spot on.
I think the left side is a little bland.
I feel a dark color would work better becuase it would bring out the streaks of "light".
Not much to say really.

Well this is hella old but...never got much on it.

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why do you guys wanna hold onto to something old? Isn't it nice to have a fresh start? : P

Make this new critique topic yours guys. Just be active and it'll get big pretty fast.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Wow, the AE looks so different... I go outta town for one day, and everything changes!?

All of the AE regulars are gonna be split up. :cry:

No, but this will be cool. Signature makers can do what they do without being heckled about "not making real art" or whatever, and everyone else can look at art that's not of the signature persuasion. Everybody's happy...
QFT!

I love fresh starts :3
*slits zolga's throat*

Conker315

Smash Lord
I rendered just the part I used, but I can try rendering the whole thing.Also, she had bits of her to her left, which I took of because i render with my eraser tool D:
If you prefer pentool ask someone else :l

1UPChris

Smash Journeyman
@Zolg:I like the smudging you did, but its to bland, and boring.Enhance it more.

Stop complaining guys.
Sexy smudging job, but there just really isn't much going on. Text isn't gewd either. There's some lighting, good composition, great colors. I recommend toning down the light and adding some moar effects. '~'

I was lurking Spriters Resource and found a sprite of a whale. I lol'd, then attempted to make a tag out of it.

CnC?

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I was lurking Spriters Resource and found a sprite of a whale. I lol'd, then attempted to make a tag out of it.

CnC?
ORCAS ARE NOT WHALES, THEY ARE DOLPHINS:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:....:mad:
I like the water splashing out, did you do that? It looks nice, it's a very simple tag, but well the ORCA sprite doesn't have much to work with:ohwell: not much else to say.

1UPChris

Smash Journeyman
ORCAS ARE NOT WHALES, THEY ARE DOLPHINS:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:....:mad:
I like the water splashing out, did you do that? It looks nice, it's a very simple tag, but well the ORCA sprite doesn't have much to work with:ohwell: not much else to say.

TIS A WAHLE TO ME :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

oh and yeah. all those splash and mist effects were from other stocks that I just erased/filtered.

Inyro Gatling

Smash Journeyman
KotH: The render looks plopped on top, there's no blending or color coordination at all. Also, work on your smudging.

Tons and tons of smudging...

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
Looks like everyone is covered, not much to say about the narwhal sig.

Please dont rip me apart, k thanx.
Like Inryo said, the render is better placed on top, and not much color coordination.

Tons and tons of smudging...
Looks like its a grunge sig to me. Personally I like sigs with a bit more color. Thats just me though. The text is ok.

Anddddddddd

What do you guys think?

lordunicorn3

Smash Journeyman
dinkoman, thats a little too... busy...

the green and blue dont match very well together, if you took out the green on the right, and turned it into more like the blue side, it might be ok, but idk how that would turn out

ok, so i have just figured out the C4d's set to screen effect, so i messed around with that on this sig, i know its not great, but im just getting back into the swing of things

and lol to the convo above, cheers to a good start (>.<)

1UPChris

Smash Journeyman
dinkoman, thats a little too... busy...

the green and blue dont match very well together, if you took out the green on the right, and turned it into more like the blue side, it might be ok, but idk how that would turn out

ok, so i have just figured out the C4d's set to screen effect, so i messed around with that on this sig, i know its not great, but im just getting back into the swing of things

and lol to the convo above, cheers to a good start (>.<)

Well umm...not really any flow, and the C4Ds you screened/lightened look randomly placed. Try erasing any effects that overlap your focal to keep it from being too messy. The opacity with both the planet and the girl are meh. The colors with the C4Ds don't match with the girl and the planet.

Overall, it really isn't that good, but you can do some things to fix it. Try using effect C4Ds that match the color of you render and your background. Also, place them so they go with the movement or shape of the render. No worries though, you just discovered how to screen C4Ds, so just work on placing them in the right places.

CnC?

IDK

Smash Lord
hi guys, i'm pretty sure this is crap. i haven't done gfx since about january, so cut me some slack. basically it's summer again and i have time away from sports so i did some art work. pretty basic stuff, didn't remember much. tell me what you think.

oh yeah, gotta cnc someone else.
ill start w/ inyro. hi again btw. i'm liking the smudging and ur text is way better than it was last time i made a sig. the problem this time seems to be ur focal. the smudge/fire is still to bright as the sig nears the upper left corner, and i get that iron man's face is sposta be half dark but the whole focal all together might be a little dark, especially if you're going for that "on fire" thing that you seem to be. the depth is pretty average IMO. you might want to dodge and sharpen the left side of his face and the right (our right) arm (the one that is closer to us) and burn and blur behind him. maybe a c4d between him and the far bg. text could be moved higher and to the right, and a little smaller. oh, and it's a bit monotone.

dinko, i'm sorry, but it looks like andy samberg trying to get off. is he playing a guitar? if so, show it. the light on his head is way too bright, and the flow goes 4958034058 directions.

unicorn, ok concept, but bad focal and not busy enough. try some effects in the bg and get the starry crap off her face. maybe make kind of an explosion inside the orb thang. also the red c4d going towards her face is terribad. rotate it away from her face.

last, 1upchris, looks good if i zoom in. other than that, i cant tell what the **** is going on. the far back bg needs to be a less ugly green, and try sharpening the focal and dodging (our right) arm a little, and burn/blur where depth appropriate. but seriously, when i zoom in, it looks great.

IDK

Smash Lord
idk its the first render i saw browsing through my graphics folder for which stuff to throw away, then i was like, hey! it's midnight, but it's summer! ima spend an hour making a sig woo. i figured most car sigs are the same so i knew generally what i was going to do already and it might get the creativity going again.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
It is, just don't put too much emphasis on the bs rules. :|
Yeah, that. It kind of ticks me off when the first and foremost thing people mention is flow.

PS: use AiB again

@Dinkoman: far too cluttered and random overall, and the text placement is pretty bad. Actually, placement in general could use some work...

KoolKatKarl

Smash Apprentice
Waiting for the 24th when my brother comes home.
OOOO! Pretty new sub forum.

@The Dinkoman: Very messey looking. There is just too much going on in it, and there is about three different flows. There are a lot of colors which is nice, but the render doesnt stand out much. I like all of the effects, but not when they are used in this way, maybe try to make it look more smooth, and the border could use some work, very large and distracting.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Yeah, that. It kind of ticks me off when the first and foremost thing people mention is flow.
I mention it when it would add to the sig or when like with Chris there was more than 1, or when it breaks the look of the sig.

Conker315

Smash Lord
Everytime I see your work MM, I just get so inspired :)
Good clipping masks, love the render for her breasts <3 , and as always it's simple.
Good stuff m8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom