• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Summer Smash Results

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Singles

1: Boss ($115.50) (Mario/Luigi)
2: Candy ($63.00) (Snake/Wario/others)
3: Forte ($21.00) (Metaknight)
4: ESOJ ($10.50) (Diddy/Dedede/Snake)
5: G-regulate (Snake)
5: Takeover (Snake)
7: BMX (Wario)
7: K-9 (Snake/Pikachu)
9: Lobos (Toon Link)
9: Tantalus (Snake/Metaknight/R.O.B./Marth/G&W/Dedede)
9: ADA (Metaknight)
9: Waffle (Zero Suit Samus/Lucario)
13: Lil'B (Yoshi)
13: Coney (Dedede)
13: HylEEan (Dedede)
13: Copasetic (Toon Link)
17: U-Mos (Ice Climbers)
17: 23% (Ganondorf/Captain Falcon)
17: Herfderf (Snake)
17: Relm DQ'd
17: Bonk (Ice Climbers)
17: Metal Monstar (R.O.B.)

Teams

1: G-Fortulate (Greg + Forte) ($120.00)
2: Candy + Boss ($60.00)
3: ESOJ + EEvisu ($20.00)
4: Sensitive Nice Guys (K9 + ADA)
5: Lobos + Copasetic
5: Coney + 23%
7: Takeover + Tantalus
7: Team Masta Shake (Waffle + Bonk)
9: Metal Monstar + Herfderf
9: The Rebels YEEHAW (BMX + Lil'B)

Shoutouts:

EE- good car ride
Bmores- good smashfest
MetalMonstar- good venue, just kinda random gunshots are awkward sometimes :p
Takeover- Sorry I let us down in teams, lets team again sometime
Lil'B- step it son
Waffle- K9, one day
Woodbridge- good stuff stepping it up
Boss- congrats you won, WITH MARIO

good food at the venue too. We'll do it again sometime. Also good that they have a mic setup. You could use this for a larger tourney soon.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Tant you forgot that Greg won Melee by default.

Pictures should be up sometime next week. Anyone wants prints I can try to make that happen.

Dang I suck. Mark my words though, I will get better.

It was nice having you all. Glad you all liked the venue. I would love to hold another one sometime. So look for more stuff coming from Hagerstown. We really didn't use the Mic too often, hopefully it would be of more use at another event.

I really learned a lot at this event. I do feel bad though, I don't think I helped Tant out enough. I just didn't want to screw things up in anyway XD.

Shoutouts

Boss-You are cooler in person than online. That is saying a lot since you are cool online as well.

Greg- Thanks for being cooperative with the picture taking. Cool having you. You seemed like a really nice guy.

Tant-you are awesome. Good job running the event.

Waffle- It would be awesome if we could get together sometime and do training. Our matches were good as well. Of course you beat me though but I did better than I thought I would.

Coney- you are absolutely hilarious. I hope to see you at future events.

lil b- maybe by next tourney I will have a half decent pokemon team.

Melee players- You need to step it up and participate in events lol.

n64 players- Get off your emulators and actually go to tournaments then maybe 64 can get a meaningful scene.

Anyone who played me- Good job ****** me.

People who left early-You missed out on some epic FFA with items on.

People who stayed- You can't sheild the warp star. Also the whole "EPIC mindgames, a carpeted floor with wood design" was too good. I hope you put those matches on youtube.

Everyone who filled out a survey- Thanks a lot. I don't think I had any problems with people filling them out. Which is more than I can say for most of the events I have run.

Well a friend of mine is going to sponsor us. So hopefully we will be able to do more tournaments. I am going to try to get the club to get wireless internet so we can do livestream.

Games People want to play
I always find it interesting what the different communities would like to participate in.
3 Rock Band
2 Soul Caliber 4
2 Brawl+
1 Melee
1 Pokemon
1 Smash 64
1 Street Fighter 4
1 Mario Kart
1 TvC
1 Mario Sluggers
1 Madden
1 Starcraft

So it seems that Rock Band is the most popular side event.

A lot of people liked the food. That is good to hear. Hopefully the club did off of our business.

Everyone, who was supposed to pay, paid registration? And no one left anything behind right?

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
problem is, R.O.B. isn't a good character

I took a match of ADA's MK with ROB, BARELY, lolz, snake on the other hand was a lot less effort for a similar result.

That's why i used so many characters, today i was real serious, but I was using characters i'm not as good with, so i lost some matches, but in essence the other characters in a short time were able to do better than rob has ever done

Coney

Smash Master
Man, I sure stepped it down. First time I've been in the bottom half of singles for a while now...little mistakes and inconsistencies are really hindering my game right now. But no excuses, I lost 'cause I lost and I need to get better.

Really wish I didn't have to play 23%, my PARTNER, so early, so he could spread the might of Ganon further.

Also Tant, I went Peach in a match or two :3

EDIT - Also, I wanna play more people in 64. Badly. Tant, Bonk and lil b just weren't enough fresh blood. Maybe if I can't be best anything else, I can be best in MD/VA at Smash 64??!!?!???!?!?!

EDIT 2 - Also, I used to play Mario Strikers Charged for Wii competitively, I was in the top 20 in singles in the continent and within the top 3 in doubles. I'd love for that game to have a competitive scene...though no one would participate :<

EDIT 3 - FFA items and carpet-wood are far, far too good. You can't shield the warp star. Bonk is ****ing Mozart with that purple spring, and I want that combo online expediently.

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
Sure, go to a 64 tourney, lost the first round, and congratulations, you're in the semi finals!

But yeah, don't worry about the teams placing Ben and Lil b, yoshi ****ing SUCKS, stop playing him, for the love of god.

Chaos0419

Smash Apprentice
Seems like Boss finally has money to pay people back! =)

You owe me $5 for all those double cheese burgers I bought you at McDonalds... Just kidding!

Lobos

Smash Master
Not to happy with my placings but I had fun. Venue was cool and the food was good!

Copasetic - Double TL was fun but I sure did squander that last match. Anyways hope to see you out to more tourneys in this region, we need more TL reps!

Forte - One day........you got lucky.....
K-9 - Good job beating me with snake.....that last match was ridiculous lol
Lilb - get *****
Coney - Didn't get any friendlies in >_>
23% - You got a nice ganon there GGs
Rockband players - too good, lol I should bring my guitar out next time
Everyone else - GGs

The venue is big enough to hold bigger events, except its far!

VanillaWaffle

Smash Apprentice
fun tourney and its the first one i didnt have to drive over and hour and a half to get to, im there pretty much anytime if youre doing this again.

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
**** you taj I beat you with Yoshi so you must stop playing those ****ty characters like D3 and snake
The only way anyone can eke out a win with Yoshi (in friendlies btw) is by running, throwing ****, and pivot grabbing.

In that case, you might as well just play gaylimar. Dont' forget the Sonic vs Yoshi matchup :p

Deez.

Smash Lord
Lol Boss got 1st? good ****. and btw you owe me $10 bucks XD. lmao at the rest who placed in money. I shoulda came. :(

Did Candy forfeit to Boss? lol jus kiddin. XD

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Rockband was pretty popular. People were playing it all through singles. Smash 64 got some attention as well. Melee was played a bit during the beginning but then no one touched it after that.

If I had more setups I would certainly do a guitar hero/rockband tournament. I have been curious about whether or not that scene even exist or not.

Out of my crew mates I am the only one with Strikers, Sluggers, and Kart. So it would be hard to do those games.

Don't worry G-reg, I am sure once TvC comes to US most of us will get it and we should be able to have TvC side events.

There was plenty of room for more setups. I just wish he had more extension cords and surge protectors. Also the stage was completely available for 2-3 more setups.

The room holds 120 people. However with the setups I don't think we should really go for more than 75-100 people in there at a time.

For future events should we have them, I would like to do some recording. I apologize about the lack of it this time. Also I am going to try to get the club to go in on wireless internet so we can do live stream.

More PA players need to come next time.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Shout-outs to everybody I played hopefully I come more prepared when playing doubles with a partner

Me and Tant could have done way better but too many mistakes were made..

I loved the venue hopefully more tourneys are ran in places that are comfortable like this one..

I wish more people would have came to this tourney but shout-outs to K9, Boss, Esoj, Candy, EE, & to all

the other people I played

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Tant I hope you host another tourney at this venue except make sure that it has a bigger turn-out LOL

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
TVC is never ever coming to the U.S
According to Capcom and Nintendo Power it is. I think they might even have reviews of it up. It has been confirmed that it will be released in the US. I am not sure, but I think it is supposed to come out this year.

Top Bottom