• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

hippiedude92

Smash Hero

SNOOKI WANT SMOOSH SMOOSH

he won like 3 matches in a row, then i just started standing there since rolling to up tilt on wifi is apparently an amazing strategy. so then he just rolled into me and id grab him and he kept getting 2 stocked like 4 matches in a row. then he won one on norfair, then i think i won one stock on a neutral then switched to fox and lost.

ggs tho yoshq, i probably won't be playing you like at all anymore since about 70% of your wifi game is the most ridiculous, impractical and non-applicable stuff ive played against xD. hopefully you don't rely so heavily on gimmicks offline, they won't get you far
lol whatever, you make it sound so 1 sided, so i give up for the second time. all you marths get pissed automatically and won't say anything constructive after you've played me, so **** it...

Lesson learned: Never EVER play NEO while having some ****ty arse Wifi rolling or else he'll **** you with utilts as a Marth. Glorious job NEO.

I asked Hylian if we can have our own General Discussion Thread to see if we can make any use of it. However rules STILL DO APPLY in the General Discussion thread. We'll see if we can handle this without blowing it for other people on this board.

1) GLOBAL RULES STILL APPLY HERE!!! This should go without question ever. If you need a reminder on the Global Rules here is the link http://www.smashboards.com/announcement.php?f=138&a=130 Be smart of what you post!

2) EVERYTHING WE DISCUSS MUST RELATE TO LUIGI! His metagame, clothes, hands, attacks, tourneys, other techs etc..

3) Our thread can be locked any time by a mod. If we things get out of control, Hylian, and other mods will be watching us and will lock our thread. They WILL give infractions/warnings if you ever to break the rules.

4) Again, do not spam. It's against the rules to spam, double post, excessive bashing at each other. Small trash talking is allowed within the limits of the rules.

5) Finally, have fun with the discussion!

6) Hippie loves everyone here :laugh:

So first topic of discussion to help us get started is, why doesn't luigi ever get any attention from people like EVER? :(

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Wow...that picture's actually good. Also, Hippie for Luigi mod since he has a lot of knowledge about him and is compassionate for sharing! Also, he's a cool guy! :)

Icyo

Smash Ace
So today I opened the new "Luigi General Discussion" thread. To my surprise I found a picture of an anime girl? I'm assuming that girl is jealous of Daisy or something?

B!squick

Smash Master
Dude, where have you been? Everyone knows Weegee is an otaku.

Also, Luigi is the first combo character I've started to like. He just dinks you with aerials and flicks his fireballs and when least expect it... SHORYUKEN! I actually lose alot because I always try to set one up when my opponent gets to KO percents. :laugh:

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
WOW!!!!! Hippy, YOU ARE TOP TIER!!!!!!!!!!! lool But seriously though, I am just glad that hardly anyone uses luigi. The reason for this is because that you will get recognise for using a low tier character or picking someone that no one elses use. You might get rep or something like that if you know what I mean.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW

I asked Hylian if we can have our own General Discussion Thread to see if we can make any use of it. However rules STILL DO APPLY in the General Discussion thread. We'll see if we can handle this without blowing it for other people on this board.

1) GLOBAL RULES STILL APPLY HERE!!! This should go without question ever. If you need a reminder on the Global Rules here is the link http://www.smashboards.com/announcement.php?f=138&a=130 Be smart of what you post!

2) EVERYTHING WE DISCUSS MUST RELATE TO LUIGI! His metagame, clothes, hands, attacks, tourneys, other techs etc..

3) Our thread can be locked any time by a mod. If we things get out of control, Hylian, and other mods will be watching us and will lock our thread. They WILL give infractions/warnings if you ever to break the rules.

4) Again, do not spam. It's against the rules to spam, double post, excessive bashing at each other. Small trash talking is allowed within the limits of the rules.

5) Finally, have fun with the discussion!

6) Hippie loves everyone here :laugh:

So first topic of discussion to help us get started is, why doesn't luigi ever get any attention from people like EVER? :(
luigi has a nice game, it's just the whole knockback thing that gets on my nerves.alot of luigi users SPAM, i mean they SPAM the CRAP outta his DOWN+B.

:luigi:=spammy

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Dude, where have you been? Everyone knows Weegee is an otaku.

Also, Luigi is the first combo character I've started to like. He just dinks you with aerials and flicks his fireballs and when least expect it... SHORYUKEN! I actually lose alot because I always try to set one up when my opponent gets to KO percents. :laugh:
This man knows the truth about the man in green.

WOW!!!!! Hippy, YOU ARE TOP TIER!!!!!!!!!!! lool But seriously though, I am just glad that hardly anyone uses luigi. The reason for this is because that you will get recognise for using a low tier character or picking someone that no one elses use. You might get rep or something like that if you know what I mean.
Hippy 4 mod plz. Not really, if luigi was more first glance to low tier, he woulda been in low tier tourneys already :p. I get wrecked almost like a low tier by a homo Marth and a blue ****** in a mask.

THAT'S TOP TIER SON <3

paterack7

Smash Rookie
Random question, am I the only Luigi-user that can't stan his alternate costume/colors? When I go into Team Battle, I would rather be Green Team going against my friends rather than have a fair 2v2 match on the Red/Blue Team.

This also applies to Single Player btw.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
So plug your controller first and get green first so that they won't be able to get it. It isn't that hard you know.

PLANS FOR WEDNESDAY
- Wake up early and do leaves
- Dont shower, and just go to school
-School, go do first year advisor, then do hw.
-prob go to QCM, Check out black ops if its discount or not, and remember when stuff are there. also buy headphones
-Go where ever.

PLANS FOR THURSDAY+Friday
-Do leaves n crap
-Make sure to bring ps3 and controller+GC controller
-Go to Phoebes place and tell omar college stuff.
- From there decide to go Daniels house or go to QCM morning.
-QCM all night,
-At night see if l can go to Bum's house.

PLANS FOR SATURDAY
- Bring camera
-Bring subway card
-Polybrawl @ Brooklyn
-Bring mage and he owes me 10 bucks

To bring list: Saturday
- Camera, Subway card
-Wii
-Controller, Keys,Cell phone, itouch, Wallet
-ApexTag, Bring mushroom slippers. Luigi hats
- bring cellphone charge/Netbook?

black friday what i buy list
Xbox 360
Blackops
HaloReach
Red Beanie
headphoens
AE Thick Jacket
Gloves/Scarf in order

To bring list Thursday+Friday
-Bring all cash
- Just leave ps3 at Ateh's house
-Camera, phone/itouch charger

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Hippie. You have to change the title here every hour like the Marths. I want that title fight soooo baddd.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Hey, this is fun.
I'll tell you why no one pays attention to Weegee. That little sprite is Mario is Missing. That game makes him look like a pervert, so, no one payed attention to them because they didn't want to get molested I guess.

But that's not the Weegee we've come to love here at the boards, Weegee is not a character in a game to us, he is our lifestyle and our icon that successfully represents us on the internet.

How dare anyone say no one pays attention to Weegee, what I see here in forum 170 at smashboards is full undivided attention from the man in green. If no one else pays attention to him, they are blind to his sheer beauty.

TreK

Is "that guy"
woo, finally a LGD (yup, even on acronyms we can beat marfs)

Random question, am I the only Luigi-user that can't stan his alternate costume/colors? When I go into Team Battle, I would rather be Green Team going against my friends rather than have a fair 2v2 match on the Red/Blue Team.

This also applies to Single Player btw.
i used to act like you until like a week ago
the man in green stays in green.

I switched to light blue, because playing with the green one would higher this game's age rating level.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
****, I'd love to, but Skyler refuses to give me control of the social thread.
You need to call the Marths out, man. :mad:

Tennet

Smash Champion
lolwut Talking about us?
Or should i say jealous?
yay at LGD thread!
Orange weegee FTW.

TreK

Is "that guy"
rofl at thread title

*just investigated 'bout something interesting*
remember the Japanese Luigi vid ?
the Luigi used to pivot grab people on ledges, and combo from there.

now for the fun facts ->
-This works because 1 pixel away from the edge, the ground's considered sloped down, thus the opponent is "thrown from somewhere lower". This way, you're nearer to your opp when the grab finishes and combos are possible.
-This doesn't work on platforms. Try on a lvl9 cpu on battlefield in example; if you do it on platforms they airdodge, while they don't if you do it from the edge of the stage itself.
-sloped edges don't matter. (tested on lylat and YI brawl)
-opponent matters. i still need to know what characteristic is important, whether it's weight, size, falling speed, or all of them. You can't do it on snake, you can do it on gaw but only dthrow-utilt, you can do it on ike. what.the.luigi.

.Marik

is a social misfit
SHORYUKEN

Yeah, I mained Luigi in Melee from 2001-2008.

Loooool I picked him up in Brawl again. Nostalgia, you know. :dizzy:

Pic is so lol's.

Tennet

Smash Champion
I've only seen this one and Marth boards with the anime picture, probably both are Haruhi...

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
I would like to join in, but I don't know who this Haruhi is... where is she from? If you tell me from what anime she's from, I will watch it and I guarantee you I will get you to page 5. I just feel so left out.

It'd be fine if you were talking about Taiga-chan. I feel pedo already.

Top Bottom