• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FRUMPY SHRUBBERY Melee Tourney May 30/31 Results

Samikay

Smash Apprentice
Doubles
1. Jman + Reno
2. Friendly Fire
3. G$ + Alukard
4. Team Fortress
5. Spawn + Aesir
5. Mystery Ducks
7. Extra Mayo
7. Team Krunkle

Bracket: http://img40.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doublesbracket.jpg

Singles
1. Jman
2. HBK
3. Hazz
4. G-$
5. Swift
5. Neighborhood P
7. XYT
7. Alukard
9. Mogwai
9. Aesir
9. Spawn
9. Spife
13. Relax
13. UNC
13. Ricky
13. Anon
17. Roman
17. Stix
17. Jonathan
20. Sox
20. Chef of Death
20. Kyupuff
20. Higz
20. Flaw

Bracket: http://img40.imageshack.us/my.php?image=meleebracketsingles.jpg

Thanks everybody for coming out, stay tuned for Frumpy Shrubbery 2: Frumpier Shrubbery, as well as a Brawl only tournament in July/August.

Also, CT needs to start representing.

arcane9211

Smash Apprentice
All the CT people are kinda Brawl exclusive (competitively at least). Well, except POF, but he didn't go for whatever reason.

I wanted to go just to watch, but was too busy :(

Alukard

Smash Hero
dam neighborhood P *cough* reno *cough*

beast *** dash attack on me LMFAO

dam doubles was sooo fun

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Yea so uhh I beat Hazz in losers finals. I still ended up splitting what I made with him though but our placings should be switched. Im still mad tired but Im pretty sure I got 2nd lol.

Props on Gmoney placing in top 4!!! And look at who Spife tied with...Mogwai,Spawn,Aiser. Good ****!!!

Also dnt wrry Alu/G$ maybe one of these days me and Hazz will let you guys take us out of tournament. I think were like 10-0 against you guys now? LMAO <3

Reno is still the fastest Sheik alive

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Man, NeighborhoodP ***** this tournament.

/goes to work.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
All the CT people are kinda Brawl exclusive (competitively at least). Well, except POF, but he didn't go for whatever reason.

I wanted to go just to watch, but was too busy :(

Uhh

Trademark
Mikemoney
Spawn
Awesome Sean
Budai
Chewman
JV
Jam

Say hello.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
thanks for mention me KevinM!

o wait...

Q.Q

p.s. I shoulda ***** G$ at this, muthafugga got mad lucky and I'ma give him the buziness next time I meet him in tourney :mad088: I'M COMIN' FOR THAT *** G DOLLA!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: SHOUTOUTS!!!!!

Jman: Wanna win teams @ Mass Madness? Our team combos are unfair and the community will have to ban them after we team in tourney.
Hazz: I'm gonna be bugging you to play like, a lot. I need to learn to move as fast as you for Genesis.
HBK: I don't think I played you once.... hmmm..... <3 anyway, old school TSA son!
G$: See above. <3
Swift: good **** this weekend, <3
R3NO: sorry, I just never get to play HazZarD! <3, next time we're at a tourney, I'll play you as long as you want.
XYT: have fun in korea, see you at genesis
Alukard: good **** @ no johns. when did your Falcon get so **** beast?
Aesir: ****nnnnnn Aesir for 4th on next CT Power Rankings
Spawn: we didn't MM Q.Q
Spife: Good **** fixing that playing Link habit.
Relax: GGs. Keep playing, your Falcon's pretty nice.
UNC: Nice meeting you, hope to see you at more stuff.
Anon: <3 Phil, you should stop playing random characters and just stick to Marf or Falco.
Roman: lol, I remembered your name, get *****.
Chef of Death: GGs, hope to see you around more.
Kyupuff: GGs, sorry for shining your Nana off the top so much :p

Alukard

Smash Hero
thanks for mention me KevinM!

o wait...

Q.Q

p.s. I shoulda ***** G$ at this, muthafugga got mad lucky and I'ma give him the buziness next time I meet him in tourney :mad088: I'M COMIN' FOR THAT *** G DOLLA!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: SHOUTOUTS!!!!!

Jman: Wanna win teams @ Mass Madness? Our team combos are unfair and the community will have to ban them after we team in tourney.
Hazz: I'm gonna be bugging you to play like, a lot. I need to learn to move as fast as you for Genesis.
HBK: I don't think I played you once.... hmmm..... <3 anyway, old school TSA son!
G$: See above. <3
Swift: good **** this weekend, <3
R3NO: sorry, I just never get to play HazZarD! <3, next time we're at a tourney, I'll play you as long as you want.
XYT: have fun in korea, see you at genesis
Alukard: good **** @ no johns. when did your Falcon get so **** beast?
Aesir: ****nnnnnn Aesir for 4th on next CT Power Rankings
Spawn: we didn't MM Q.Q
Spife: Good **** fixing that playing Link habit.
Relax: GGs. Keep playing, your Falcon's pretty nice.
UNC: Nice meeting you, hope to see you at more stuff.
Anon: <3 Phil, you should stop playing random characters and just stick to Marf or Falco.
Roman: lol, I remembered your name, get *****.
Chef of Death: GGs, hope to see you around more.
Kyupuff: GGs, sorry for shining your Nana off the top so much :p
good **** breaking sheilds ... and my falcon got good from playing him for so long vs jesus and getting ***** lol

Spife

Smash Master
I'll get at shouties later today, here are the tourny matches I recorded. Sorry Flaw for my laptop crapping out in the middle of our second match -_- it does that. (Battery is craaaaaap, old laptop + booting windows on a mac = no battery life).
ANYWAY.

Vs Unc
Match 1
Match 2
Match 3

Vs HBK
Match 1
Match 2 (This was the match I uploaded, this version doesn't have haose moosak)

Vs Flaw
Match 1
Match 2

Vs Anon
Match 1
Match 2 (This is the match I disgraced my self with :( Skler told me how to redeem myself)
Match 3

Vs Alukard
Match 1
Match 2

+

HBK (roy) vs Spife (Link) House Edition

Spife

Smash Master
thx samikay for holding this

kaiba corp shouldve revived a week earlier
agreed, even though he knows deep down in his heart that I deserve the store (lul at low tiers gambling stores)

and
PARANOIA AGENT! GOOD ****! I love that show!

HazZarD

Smash Journeyman
KevinM should of came to this....with Zoso

CT is always fun. Missed some of the regulars: Trademark, Mikemoney, Chewman, Budai, etc.

And HBK did beat me in Loser's Finals 3-2 :ohwell: My marth should of beat him but he had a move they call the shine....What a gay move. No one uses it anymore :chuckle:

Good **** everyone!

Mokumo

Smash Ace
I actually won two sets this tourney... which is like really good for me. I was expecting to get 4 stock ***** by a lot of the people there but i did well (by my standards) against some of the best people there. wooo

Jman (Split with Hazz) - good **** jman, 5th best in the world. nice having lunch with you but its too bad you couldnt finish the west coast burger!
Hazz - too good son. you ran up to me and shielded, i tried to grab you and you just upsmashed the **** outta me out of your shield. good lesson in ****
G-$ - best in the world. get that combo video out
Swift - you totally owned me at the beginning of the tournament and i had no idea who you were. good stuff
Alukard - i saw you playing falcon, and then i started to copy what you were doing and i started winning =)
Mogwai - good set, i was about to beat your DK too. im still pissed about it. either way im gonna be famous after you put those matches up on YOUTUBE.
Spawn - you da man. awesome tournament thank you! i wonder how many chickens they had in the back of that restaurant... oh and those doubles games we were doing at the beginning were really fun.
Spife - YOU SUCK LEARN TO PLAY. lol link is too good, and sheik is madd ghey. we didnt get that MM in either so we gotta record that $hit at MM16 or something. too bad for you i'm gonna be a lot better than you soon.
Roman - we didn't play mang... i haven't even got to play your fox yet
Kyupuff - nice MM lol i hope you enjoyed your candy. hit me up sometime about that smashfest.
Flaw - good **** for your first tournament! your frustration reminded me of myself several months ago at my first tournament. you get owned no matter what at first but eventually people start running into your attacks.
big n tasty - fun friendlies at the end! i was so blazed lol FALCON PUNCH! nice sheik. i remember playing some of your friends too those were fun matches.

i love this game <3

-relax

Alukard

Smash Hero
I actually won two sets this tourney... which is like really good for me. I was expecting to get 4 stock ***** by a lot of the people there but i did well (by my standards) against some of the best people there. wooo

Jman (Split with Hazz) - good **** jman, 5th best in the world. nice having lunch with you but its too bad you couldnt finish the west coast burger!
Hazz - too good son. you ran up to me and shielded, i tried to grab you and you just upsmashed the **** outta me out of your shield. good lesson in ****
G-$ - best in the world. get that combo video out
Swift - you totally owned me at the beginning of the tournament and i had no idea who you were. good stuff
Alukard - i saw you playing falcon, and then i started to copy what you were doing and i started winning =)
Mogwai - good set, i was about to beat your DK too. im still pissed about it. either way im gonna be famous after you put those matches up on YOUTUBE.
Spawn - you da man. awesome tournament thank you! i wonder how many chickens they had in the back of that restaurant... oh and those doubles games we were doing at the beginning were really fun.
Spife - YOU SUCK LEARN TO PLAY. lol link is too good, and sheik is madd ghey. we didnt get that MM in either so we gotta record that $hit at MM16 or something. too bad for you i'm gonna be a lot better than you soon.
Roman - we didn't play mang... i haven't even got to play your fox yet
Kyupuff - nice MM lol i hope you enjoyed your candy. hit me up sometime about that smashfest.
Flaw - good **** for your first tournament! your frustration reminded me of myself several months ago at my first tournament. you get owned no matter what at first but eventually people start running into your attacks.
big n tasty - fun friendlies at the end! i was so blazed lol FALCON PUNCH! nice sheik. i remember playing some of your friends too those were fun matches.

i love this game <3

-relax

i'm sooo happy ^_- ... and if u turn into a monster like hax too ... then wow... i'm a teaching master lolol

i should teach for money ^_-

i have jman and hax make me an infomercial LMFAO

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
KevinM should of came to this....with Zoso

CT is always fun. Missed some of the regulars: Trademark, Mikemoney, Chewman, Budai, etc.

And HBK did beat me in Loser's Finals 3-2 :ohwell: My marth should of beat him but he had a move they call the shine....What a gay move. No one uses it anymore :chuckle:

Good **** everyone!

What?!?! Your just lucky I didnt decide to gay you and counterpick(we know I **** evryone in Marth dittoes, I have extended tipper range). I mean **** thought we were buddies and here Hazz goes switcing characters on me. Same with Gmoney...lol counterpicking the Roy...your better than that.

And I think your losing your memory son cuz it was 3-1.

Shine my ***...Fox is the best for a reason

Alukard

Smash Hero
HBK is sooo ... as jesus would say it "live" on SWF ... and after people SD in a close match LMFAO

Samikay

Smash Apprentice
Alright i fixed results, i kinda took em down in a hurry so wasnt really paying attention cuz i wanted to get back to playing Swift. Also, nobody shouts me out? wtf? DRAMA!!!!! And Spife, why didnt you record our money match for the store so we can show the world who truly deserves it? (i.e. me, cuz i won)

Shouts:
Everyone who bought drinks/candy - thank you, you make the 5 dollar venue fee possible
Everyone from NY - I didnt play against any of you but you were all mad cool and hopefully i can get in some matches next time if im not busy running the tourney
Swift - 5 matches with you and i felt like a much better player, and thanks for reppin CT hardcore
Neighborhood P - **** dude i didn't think you would place so well but wow you showed EVERYBODY
Mogwai - beat me a lot... with donkey kong, thanks for that
Aesir - its frustrating when you can't sandbag and win against yoshi, isnt it? at least you did better than chewman
Spawn - thanks for hyping this
Spife - nair nair nair nair nair nair nair nair nair nair nair fsmash **** I SHOULDVE NAIRED, idk man i think the next time we meet you gotta record that ****
Roman - quit leavin **** at the store bro!
Everybody else - thanks for coming to this, especially those who made this their first tournament. New players are the lifeblood of the melee community and help keep it alive 8 years after its release. Keep on playing

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
LOL. Alu Im still trying to figure out what you were thinking when you jumped off the ledge. You know just as well as me Hazz etc. that Gmoney is mad safe. I dnt even remeber what he was doing while I recovered. It was an intense set though, mad props you guys got close to beating the legendary HBK/Hazz team.

Yea and nice job running the tourny samikay, pretty smooth evn though people like Reno never wanted to play his tourny matches

Alukard

Smash Hero
LOL. Alu Im still trying to figure out what you were thinking when you jumped off the ledge. You know just as well as me Hazz etc. that Gmoney is mad safe. I dnt even remeber what he was doing while I recovered. It was an intense set though, mad props you guys got close to beating the legendary HBK/Hazz team.

Yea and nice job running the tourny samikay, pretty smooth evn though people like Reno never wanted to play his tourny matches
LMFAO ^_-

i guarantee u ... next time ...we are going to win it

flaw

Smash Apprentice
relax- your falcon is too good, i wish i could moonwalk like that. thanks for all the help, hope I see you around in the future for some rematches :)
spife- thanks for putting my first youtube matches up, now i'm on the map :) my friends enjoyed seeing their first link infinite, haha, that sh*t was scary.
stix- really close matches in winners, the most fun i've had in a game in years, reminds me of why I started playing games competitively.

Thanks for everyone else who took time to teach me stuff. If I got discouraged a little it was mostly because I was hit with information overload with how much I had to concentrate on all the stuff I was learning. I don't know how you guys go for 10+ hours, I have to build up my stamina!

Samikay

Smash Apprentice
So if anybody was curious, we didn't get enough people to run a decent smash 64 or Brawl+ tourney on sunday so it was just $5 to play smash all day. And Mike Gale (Pipe) came, and we played for hours and hours and hours. And Squirtle's green costume in Brawl+ 4.1 is a ****ing ninja turtle. I just want people to know that.

Samikay

Smash Apprentice
Ha its so easy when you get to the winners/losers semifinals cuz people just start playing their matches without me having to tell them. I think there was one point where Jman was already in the winners semifinals while i was still announcing round 1 losers bracket matches >.<

Spife

Smash Master
Singles
1. Jman: we didn't play, but good **** jumping around when HBK beat Hazz
2. HBK: good **** roy, too good, too good, I had a lotta fun that set :bee:
3. Hazz: good **** 3rd hazz, wish I played your roy again though
5. Swift: nice getting to know you better and finding out where the weave came from :bee: we've played a few times but not at this tourny, we should change that swift.
5. Neighborhood P: I need to win back my money from that random mm we did ages ago, so I guess I'll get you next time, but I called out out this time!
7. Alukard: lol at our set, i was going to win that second match and you know it
9. Mogwai: welllllll I only fixed that problem once, all the other times I did go Link :urg: BUT that's an improve ment :laugh:
9. Aesir: good **** hanging out afterwards, and good try trying to teach me something, even if no one else has in the past. You know those thick headed nubs who think link's good, you can't teach us anything :p
9. Spawn: we should hang out cause you're close to roman and I'm not but I'll still drive down their cause I"m a sluttttttttt
9. Spife: good sets I guess, I've played better Links though. :ohwell:
13. Relax: sorry we didn't mm, 12 tourny matches ***** my brain, next time next time. You were going to beat me anyway so you can chalk that up as a win if you want haha, falcon's too goot. BUT Next time I'll be ready for you!
13. UNC: good set, mad close, and nice meeting you, sorry I didn't play friendlies with you afterwards, hope to see you at another tourny, we'll definitely play then
13. Ricky: didn't expect to see you here, but good job placing where you did lol
13. Anon: same as unc, mad good/close set. You forced my sheik haha, I had no IDEA what to cp (still don't know what characters you have), so I decided I wanted FoD, and if you had gone a spacie I was going to stay Link and go sheik for marth.
17. Roman: dood what happened? this better not discourage your fox mang, cause if it does you have no room to complain (what with me getting tooled on for a year and a half now as Link) :bee: <3 you all the same, we should get a smash fest going
20. Kyupuff: :( bracket *****, nice eating dinner wit'chu, and thanks for staying up and talking all the way back home, sorry I got up so late lul
20. Flaw: hey sorry again that that match cut out, I thought about it but didn't want it to be true D: good **** though, just stay high tier, keep practicing and keep asking for advice and you're good.

Samikay: lololol yoshi is too good, low tier tourny soon, foy wants one, I wants one, I'm sure if we hype it and say taj is going, about a million people will also go.
The person I link ditto'd in friendlies once: good job spife remembering names >_< you looked like Flow but I could be wrong, anyway, yeah Link, while people have the luxury of playing him for fun, I play him for business, it's a blessing and a curse.
KevinM and Banks: hai gais
Relax's friends (Kyle and......FUUUCK): well I got half of your names >__> only cause I asked again haha, anyway, yeah I'll see you guys at other tournies, Mass should set up smash fests

the people i am forgetting: I'm forgetting you cause you main characters like high tiers, I can't forget a yoshi main (like samikay) cause I give him so much **** for maining yoshi. Think about it. But don't act, stay high tier, for the love of god :urg:.

I had a grrrrrrreat time :bee:

Mokumo

Smash Ace
relax- your falcon is too good, i wish i could moonwalk like that. thanks for all the help, hope I see you around in the future for some rematches :)
spife- thanks for putting my first youtube matches up, now i'm on the map :) my friends enjoyed seeing their first link infinite, haha, that sh*t was scary.
stix- really close matches in winners, the most fun i've had in a game in years, reminds me of why I started playing games competitively.

Thanks for everyone else who took time to teach me stuff. If I got discouraged a little it was mostly because I was hit with information overload with how much I had to concentrate on all the stuff I was learning. I don't know how you guys go for 10+ hours, I have to build up my stamina!
haha I'm flattered! hopefully ill be seeing you around at other tournaments and stuff

Mass should set up smash fests
YES.

Top Bottom