• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Test Your Might VI! Cleveland, OH (July 18th)

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
ITT PRESENTS:
TEST YOUR MIGHT VI!

I am hoping for at least 40 people to attend. If you have trouble with transportation, leave me a PM.

The Venue has held up to 200 in the past and we have no cap on people. It is in a massive plaza with plenty of food in walking distance and with concessions at a decent price within the store as well, so you'll be virtually set all day. TYM V had 36 Brawl singles entrants, 18 Brawl Doubles entrants and 16 Melee Singles entrants.

-There will be online registration for events, if you register online the venue fee is only $4 and if you don't it is $5. (Fee will be reduced to $4 if you sign up for ANY EVENT).

You can sign up at the Cold Fusion website and as long as your name is on any of those events on the tournament date you'll have your venue fee reduced. However if you can sign up for everything you'll be planning on entering in that'd be good so the estimate is more accurate. Also if you sign up and you decide not to enter, I'm not going to hunt you down or force you to enter.

NOTE: For the CFLC Registration you don't actually need to put in an e-mail address, it's just for if it somehow gets cancelled they would have e-mailed you to let you know, but we have this thread instead. So you can just put any fake e-mail address you want.

-Venue Waives for setups!

Those bringing their stuff can get a little cash for lending a hand to make the tournament run smoothly. On the CFLC site there is registration for bringing setups, if there's something I missed let me know. Waives are given on a first come first serve basis, so register early because I can only waive a total of $50. Also the waive will only be rewarded if what is brought is actually used and you remain for the duration of the entire tournament. (I will try to work with people if they really want to/need to go and we don't need the set up, I'll figure something out, just talk to me) The Waive system will work as so:

Wii with Brawl (Everything Unlocked obviously): $3

T.V. (15" or larger): $2 (I'll be liberal with size, if it's usable it's good in my book but you only get the money if we use it)

Cold Fusion Gaming Center
http://www.coldfusionlc.com
5905 Andrews Road
Mentor-on-the-lake, OH 44060

Date and Tentative Schedule:

Saturday July 18th

10:00 A.M. Doors Open at 10:00 A.M.
(if you are bringing set ups please arrive around this time)
11:00 A.M. Brawl Doubles Registration starts
12:00 P.M. Brawl Doubles PROMPTLY at 12:00 P.M.
3:00 P.M. 30 minute break
3:30 P.M. Brawl Singles
7:30 P.M. Melee Singles & Friendlies
10:00 P.M. They start kicking us out

Note: Sign ups for Brawl singles will be at the end of Brawl doubles. Melee signups will be at the end of brawl singles.

(If you are going to be late call me to register, otherwise you're out of luck. PM for my number)

Price:

$4 venue fee (If pre-registered online, otherwise it is $5)
$10 Brawl singles
$20 Brawl teams ($10 per person)
$10 Melee Singles

Prizes:

PAID IN CASH ON THE SPOT

Singles Payout
1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%
5th: 4%

Doubles and Melee Payout
1st: 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%

PAID IN CASH ON THE SPOT

Brawl Rules and Format:

* 3 Stock Double Elimination

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* Bring your own controller

* All matches prior to Winners' and Losers' Finals are best of 3. Winners', Losers', and Grand Finals are best of 5

* The Stage Strike system will be used and explained for the first match of all sets, then after procedure is loser stage pick, winner character choice, loser character choice.

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.

* Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

* The Mages DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

*Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab. Dedede standard chain grab is fine.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action.

* Stalling is banned. Any legal infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

* I am NOT to be held liable for your horsing around, if someone is injured or there is some form of altercation I am not responsible for either party.

* Drugs and Alcohol are prohibited.

Additional Rules for Double's

* Life Stealing is allowed

* Set team attack to ON

Brawl Stage List:

Starters:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counterpicks:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Distant Planet
Norfair

Melee Rules and Format:

* 4 Stock Double Elimination.

* Sets best of 3 until final which is best of 5.

* Items off.

* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.

* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.

* Each player is allowed to reset the random stage once; this forces a new random stage to be picked.

* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)

* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)

* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.

* Each person (or team) may choose one counter-pick stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.

* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.

* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

* I am NOT to be held liable for your horsing around, if someone is injured or there is some form of altercation I am not responsible for either party's well being.

* Drugs and Alcohol are prohibited.

Attendance:

=P
4%
1der
Aegon
Ankoku
ArgentStew
Avion
BBoy
Bead
Beegs
Blue Rogue
BYAA!
Champ
Colaya
Colten
Davard
DeaD
Denzi
DippnDots
DippnDots +1
DippnDots +2
DippnDots +3
Dolphins22
DonMagicWand
Drexx
Falco400
fallenhaze
Fromundaman
Fromundaman + 1
GigabowserXyz
GigabowserXyz + 1
GigabowserXyz + 2
Hence
Hey_Arnold
Ithrowthings
John Davis
Jokey
Kawaii
Kiest
King Beef
L
Lawz
M@v
Mettal
Omni216
paranormalsin
Phoenix_Dark
PJ
POPS
PuzzleFighterSlash
SciFiGuy
Shugo
Silhouette
Sionnach
Skipper
Skyson
SmashMcGee
Sole
Suyon
timssu
Tyr
Tyr + 1 ?
Tyr + 2 ?
Tyr + 3 ?
Wakka
Z
Zareidriel

Total: 67!

Brawl Singles:
Shugo: 38
King Chaos: 28
Lain: 24
Quivo 24
Omniswell: 18
BYAA: 18
AZ: 18
Falco400: 15
Nope: 14
Falco400: 11
Blue Rogue: 10
1der: 8
Beegs: 8
Bowyer: 6
Noj: 6
King Beef: 6
Glov: 6
JoeS: 6
ITT: 6
Bboy: 6
Pyro: 5
King Yoshi: 5
ArgentStew: 4
BBoy: 4
Sago: 2
SFG: 2
JoeS: 2
L: 2
Wakka: 2
Jokey: 2
Suyon: 1
Kawaii: 1
Avion: 1
PK Fire: 1
Sole: 1
XtacyFalco: 1
Prince Alus: 1
JonS: 1
Andre: 1

Brawl Doubles
King Chaos: 30
Shugo: 30
ITT: 30
Beegs: 28
Noj: 24
Omniswell: 24
Joes: 24
AZ: 24
Nope: 24
Jokey: 22
Lain: 18
Bowyer: 18
Pyro: 18
Quivo: 18
Wakka: 18
4%: 14
Kawaii: 14
L: 14
Falco400: 10
SFG: 10
PKFire: 10
JigglyZelda: 10
Glov: 8
ArgentStew: 6
Bboy: 6
Glov: 6
BlueRogue: 6
VidjoGamer: 6
Riddler: 6
Skyson: 6
Camperbob: 4
Gibby: 4
M@V: 4
Colaya: 4
Sole: 4
SmashMcGee: 4
Ugean: 2
King Yoshi: 2
XtacyFalco: 2
Jason: 2
Tim: 2
Framerate: 2
Hollywood: 1
Katalyst: 1

Melee Singles Points:
1der: 24
Impp: 18
Camperbob: 14
****: 10
Ugean: 6
Sionnach: 6
Slartibartfast: 4
Beegs: 4
BBoy: 2
BlueRogue: 2
Skyson: 2
PYON!: 2
ITT: 1
Kawaii: 1
Corey: 1
King Yoshi: 1

this is the prize for most overall points after TYM X

Confirmed Set-Ups:

I will be updating this as people register on the Cold Fusion website to bring set-ups, remember the more setups you bring the faster the tournament goes, the more matches you get to play, and the more fun that's spread around, the setups are for you guys, not the store owners.

10 36 inch T.V.'s (no HD, no lag) provided by CFLC
4 24 inch T.V.'s provided by CFLC
3 27 inch T.V.'S provided by CFLC

3 Wii's provided by CFLC
1 Wii provided by ITT
1 Wii provided by Riddler
1 Wii provided by Denzi
1 Wii with brawl + provided by paranormalsin
1 Wii with brawl + provided by Falco400
TOTAL SET UP COUNT: (If everyone brings the **** they say they will)

MELEE: 3
BRAWL +: 2
BRAWL: 7

TOTAL SYSTEMS: 7

T.V.s: 17

SETUP DEFICIT: 1

King~

Smash Champion
yaya after all my bitching luigis is finally off

i will take this one shallow victory and flee

also as you know imma a no go for the 11th seeing has how ill be wasting exuberant amounts of money in cali

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Distant planet, Norfair, Pirate ship....no Luigi's?
I've taken too many matches to time at Luigi's now. If I were fighting ICs or Peach or something taking the match to time is understandable. Sonic vs. MK should NEVER go to time. Not to mention ROB can just camp people there all day. With distant planet you can at least stay to the right to avoid getting CG'd off the walkoff. With Norfair, Lava occasionally helps out. With Luigi's I've destroyed that effing mansion 12 times in 1 match just to get to the creamy ROB center in the middle.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
July 18th would be better for me also.

Is there wifi here? We could get some livestream going....

I'll talk to other OUGA: Frame, Pops, Jokey?, and Virt would probably be able to go to this.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I don't think they have wifi. They do have internet but I think you have to pay for it. The computer that we use to host has internet on it for free. The computer is kinda far away from any of the TVs though. I would love to have a livestream but it might be difficult.

I'm leaning more towards the 18th so that MI will be able to make it as well as King Yoshi.

Kel

Smash Master
I've taken too many matches to time at Luigi's now. If I were fighting ICs or Peach or something taking the match to time is understandable. Sonic vs. MK should NEVER go to time. Not to mention ROB can just camp people there all day. With distant planet you can at least stay to the right to avoid getting CG'd off the walkoff. With Norfair, Lava occasionally helps out. With Luigi's I've destroyed that effing mansion 12 times in 1 match just to get to the creamy ROB center in the middle.
Then your character is inadequate on the stage and you should switch characters. Plenty of other characters do well on this stage, many fair BETTER than ROB and metaknight. Lain 2 stocked Judge here at The Competition.

SciFiGuy

Smash Journeyman
I'll try to make it to this one. I haven't been to a tournament since last year, it would be nice if I could make it to this one. Either day is fine for me. I'll bring my Wii/Brawl disc/Melee disc too.

If Falco400 can make it to this, this tournament would be perfect for us to show weird things in the game with a modified pause camera, which basically lets you see anything on stage. It works in SSE too, but there's not as many dumb things as there are in multiplayer.

Regarding stages I like the latest stage list the SBR has made in their recommended stage list.

Is Dedede's wall infinite banned?

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Then your character is inadequate on the stage and you should switch characters. Plenty of other characters do well on this stage, many fair BETTER than ROB and metaknight. Lain 2 stocked Judge here at The Competition.
I am aware, I was watching the same livestream you were. Also, my character is never inadequate anywhere, he's a freakin BEAST! I personally don't mind luigi's too much because I decided that I will fight as cheap/gay/not fun as I possibly can as long as my opponent does the same (decided that after fighting ICs too many times)

However, many other players have brought it to my attn that this level rewards players for not fighting. If you have to tear down the mansion 12 times just to fight for 30 seconds each time, the game is much less enjoyable. Walls are very small, ceiling is very high, low ceiling inside the mansion sets up easy combos (jab locks anyone?), low ceiling removes many defensive options, it's just too unfair and there are plenty of other levels in the game.

I'll try to make it to this one. I haven't been to a tournament since last year, it would be nice if I could make it to this one. Either day is fine for me. I'll bring my Wii/Brawl disc/Melee disc too.

If Falco400 can make it to this, this tournament would be perfect for us to show weird things in the game with a modified pause camera, which basically lets you see anything on stage. It works in SSE too, but there's not as many dumb things as there are in multiplayer.

Regarding stages I like the latest stage list the SBR has made in their recommended stage list.

Is Dedede's wall infinite banned?
No. just cuz I got wall infinited sever times now doesn't mean it's gonna be banned. However, *looks at stage list* looks like the levels only have temporary walls and only a couple levels with walkoffs. Standing infinites are banned however.

It would be awesome for you to come to another TYM, hopefully you've been able to keep up with the current metagame. I'd like to see a SFG/BYAA! rematch, you both haven't been to tournies in forever.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
So you just assumed I was coming, huh? :chuckle: July 18th is the weekend before my birthday, and I'm planning on going on vacation somewhere around that time... I'm a maybe unless it's July 11th, but it sounds like that would cause a bigger problem than one person being a maybe... :p

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
So you just assumed I was coming, huh? :chuckle: July 18th is the weekend before my birthday, and I'm planning on going on vacation somewhere around that time... I'm a maybe unless it's July 11th, but it sounds like that would cause a bigger problem than one person being a maybe... :p
You registered on AiB. I think Shugo and Argent both want it on the 11th, King Yoshi and MI probably want it on the 18th. Then again, that's if MI is interested in coming to this.

Keltzon

Smash Cadet
I'm good either way. Count me and my Wii setup in. And who knows? If my brother comes back from the Airforce, maybe I can drag him in. Having a twin about the tournament would be the PERFECT RIDDLE! 8DDD!

Anyway, yes. I may need a ride from you, ITT, but that's a give in by now, right?

-Riddler-

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
So I think I've got like 3 distinct votes for the 11th and a few people that I know can only make it on the 18th. I'm leaning towards the 11th right now I think.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
I'm interested... May be bringing Blue Rouge back up for some more wario ****. SFG, I need to play you in melee, I'm fairly better than I was last time I played you... I think.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
So it looks like a lot more people want this to be on the 11th, unless something happens (Like all of MI saying they can make it if it's on the 18th) then It'll most likely be on the 11th. I'm pretty sure most people going to genesis will probably want a break the next weekend anyways, jet lag johns.

Revven

FrankerZ
Date doesn't matter to me at the moment, I'm free on either date (at least for now, who knows a month from now!)

Top Bottom