• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clash Of Brokenness VI - Fight For Royalty (Chicago, IL) June 27 Live Feed Available!

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
This is the last event before the Championships in July.

There are some very close races in the points for some events while others are close to been determined. This should be an interesting one.

Some people already know what is on the line as the title of the event gives it away.

There will be some new things going on in this one.

6 of the games will have a bonus award given to the winners, which they will be have to defend in a Main Event Match. Winner of said Match will keep the prize that is been awarded. I will announce later who will be the people defending titles. =p

Also, we will be taking pictures of all the winners and top placers as well as interviewing the top 2 people in each event and the placers that were in the Main Event matches.

This is coming to a close and hopefully everyone has a good time and has enjoyed all of these events I have help tried doing for the community. I like the fighting game community so I wanted to make an event that gathers people from many different fighting scenes and putting them in one to get along and see how other games are been played competitively. I hope I did a good job of that, but we shall see.

This is the June event, the last one before the Championships and it will more than likely be at a new location that I will announce in a week and hopefully everyone can have a fun end of June.

Surprisingly all of these events have been around someone's birthday... I don't even know who will have one around this time... but I wouldn't be surprised if someone did. XD

Now for the info

When: June 27, 2009

Where: Screenz Computing Center
2717 N Clark St
Chicago, IL 60614-1502
(773) 296-0300

Why: Cause is a Monthly thing?

How: Cause I pay for the **** thing.... =p

Who: Whoever wants to try and win a **** Crown!

Time: 10AM - Til We Finish!

What: I don't know anymore.... I'm going to play Mario Kart now. >_>

Venue Fee - $7 (Gives you Access to the Venue and Casual Play on all the games at the Event)

Venue Fee Waived - Bring a Full Set Up (TV, System, and Game)

TWO Free Tournament Entry - If you bring a Full Set Up, you get a choice of a Tournament to enter for free. It is a way to try out a new game at Tournament Level. This is the way it works.

If you Bring a Full Set Up for Brawl or Melee - You get a Choice of Entering TWO of the following Tournaments for Free:

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Capcom vs SNK 2
Street Fighter 4
Soul Calibur 4
Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection

If you bring a Full Set Up for Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, Capcom vs SNK 2, or Street Fighter 4 - You get a Choice of Entering TWO of the following Tournaments for Free:

Brawl Doubles
Brawl Low Tier
Brawl Singles
Melee Singles
Soul Calibur 4

If you bring a Full Set Up for Soul Calibur 4 or Tekken 5 Dark Ressurection - You get a Choice of Entering TWO of the following Tournaments for Free:

Brawl Doubles
Brawl Low Tier
Brawl Doubles
Melee Singles
Capcom vs SNK 2
Street Fighter 4

If you bring a Full Set Up for Naruto - You get a Choice of Entering TWO of the following Tournaments for Free:

Brawl Doubles
Brawl Low Tier
Brawl Doubles
Melee Singles
Capcom vs SNK 2
Street Fighter 4
Soul Calibur 4

***If the tourney they choose is Brawl Doubles, that will use up BOTH of your Free Tourney entries, so you could add a friend with you to enter for free.

Tournament Schedule

10AM - Doors Open / Registration/ Casuals Start

12PM - SSBBrawl Doubles / Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix / SSBBrawl Low Tier / Capcom vs SNK 2

1PM - Naruto / SSBMelee

3PM - Street Fighter 4 / SSBBrawl Singles Pools - Followed by SSBBrawl Singles Bracket

6PM - Soul Calibur 4 / Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection / SSBBrawl+

Optional Tournaments If Time Allows and If Enough Interest

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core

Sugoi Arcana Heart 2

Tatsunoko vs Capcom

King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match

Fate Unlimited Codes

Tournament Games + Tourney Fee + Bonus (if applicable)

Super Smash Brothers Brawl Singles - $10 Per Person - Championship Points

Super Smash Brothers Brawl Doubles - $20 Per Team

Super Smash Brothers Brawl Low Tier - $5 Per Person

Super Smash Brothers Melee Singles - $5 Person - Championship Points

Naruto GNT 4 - Free Entry Fee - $20 Visa Gift Card

Naruto Shippuuden EX 3 - Free Entry Fee - $20 Visa Gift Card + Championship Points

Naruto Revolution 2 - Free Entry Fee - $20 Visa Gift Card + Championship Points

Street Fighter 4 - $5 Per Person - Championship Points

All Other Tournaments - $5 Per Person

Super Smash Brothers Braw+ - $1 Per Person

I will have a few more things announced later in the week, so for that I will be reserving two more Posts for all the extra Info that I will be posting later in the week. :p

Hope to see you all at June, and see who gets to go home with a nice surprise. ^_^

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Current Point Standings for Brawl, Melee will be updated later when I have Results of the last Tournament!

Super Smash Brothers Brawl Singles - Top 30 - After 5 Events

1st - Lain - 160 Points
2nd - Anther - 150 Points
3rd - Quik - 106 Points
4th - Judge - 101 Points
5th - Hunger - 73 Points
6th - Arty - 72 Points
7th - Omniswell - 70 Points
8th - SamuraiPanda - 58 Points
9th - Kain - 50 Points
10th - BO X7 - 46 Points
10th - Scythe - 46 Points
10th - Fatboy - 46 Points
13th - MachinegunNorm - 38 Points
14th - Needle of Juntah - 36 Points
14th - Grimace - 36 Points
16th - Bowyer - 34 Points
16th - Dragondorf - 34 Points
18th - Veggie - 32 Points
19th - Ook - 28 Points
19th - Polska - 28 Points
19th - Raid - 28 Points
19th - Meneil - 28 Points
23rd - 7FO - 26 Points
24th - Sliq - 22 Points
24th - Game Q - 22 Points
24th - Shintaruu - 22 Points
24th - Toph - 22 Points
24th - Kirk - 22 Points
24th - AVJ - 22 Points
30th - Metroid - 20 Points
30th - Solid - 20 Points
30th - Xyless - 20 Points

Super Smash Brothers Melee Singles - Top 5 - After 3 Events

1st - Kels - 60 Points
2nd - Khepri - 50 Points
2nd - Sliq - 50 Points
4th - Cosmo - 45 Points
5th - Anther - 33 Points

I will update the rest of the Points Later. ^_^;

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Super Smash Brothers Brawl Singles and Doubles and Low Tier

Rules

* 3 Stock.
* 8 Minutes.
* Best 2/3 Matches.
* All Finals Best 3/5 Matches.
* Team Attack ON (Doubles).
* Life Stealing Allowed (Doubles).
* Items are set to "off" and "none."
* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors.
* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. NO SUDDEN DEATH WILL BE PLAYED OUT.
* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is Banned.
* King Dedede's standing infinite and walking/nudging chain grabs will be Banned. Any chain grab done with King Dedede MUST include a dash between each grab. Standing infinites include: the no-wall infinites on Samus, Mario, Luigi, and Donkey Kong; the ledge infinite on King Dedede, Bowser, Wolf, etc; the walking nudging chain grab on Wario, Ganondorf, Wolf, Bowser, etc. Any chain grabs done in place on moving platforms or against a wall are legal, as these are only temporary stage-specific occurrences and no legal stages have permanent walls. This rule does not prohibit any form of grab release set ups, combos, infinites, etc.
*Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock)
*(A)If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move MUST have the advantage in Percentage to win.
*(B)If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie, the player who initiated the swallow move MUST have the advantage in Percentage to win. If the player who was swallowed is shown as winning the match (in the instance the broke out right before they died which some people might not notice), then they win.
* In both cases, if the person Initiating the Suicide Move is Losing in Percentage, that person Loses the Match.
* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* Stalling is banned. Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling. If there is an issue, pause the game and call a TO over to screen the match.
* If you use any controller styles that use the wiimote you will be responsible for removing the batteries in between your matches. Failure to do so can result in a DQ.

Set format:
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure. (This will be where a coin is flipped to see who strikes first. Then each player will alternate striking a stage until there is 1 left. That stage is played first round. THERE IS NO RANDOM UNLESS AGREED UPON)
3. Each player may announce one stage to be Banned for counter picks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

STAGE LIST

Neutral

Smashville
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi’s Island
Lylat Cruise

Counter Pick

Halbert
Frigate Orpheon
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Norfair
Green Greens
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise
Jungle Japes
Brinstar
Pokémon Stadium 1
Pokémon Stadium 2

Brawl Low Tier Playable Characters:

Captain Falcon
Ganondorf
Jigglypuff
Link
Lucas
Mario
Ness
Samus
Yoshi

Everyone Else Is BANNED!

Brawl Singles Pools Rules Extra:

1. 2 stock 6 min instead of 3 stock 8 min.
2. No more than 8 per pool; cut down to 32.

ook

Smash Lord
Lookin forward to this.

Surprisingly all of these events have been around someone's birthday... I don't even know who will have one around this time... but I wouldn't be surprised if someone did. XD
This is on my brother's birthday. :o he aint gonna be at the tournament though
he's a scrub

But hopefully it won't interfere with me coming to this :)

crowns!???

Moozle

Smash Champion
Lol I'm turning 16 (and getting my license WOOT WOOT) a day before this. I wonder if my parents will let me drive to this lol :laugh:

Landry

Smash Ace
I'll probably be there. I've never been to the Chicago events but they look pretty fun.

Quaz

Smash Master
I'll probably go to this again. Gotta keep practicing that melee so I can take out Trail for sure next time I play him!

you too Scythe you're mine next time.

Anther take care of my controller, I was kinda pissed when I couldnt find it (a little too pissed maybe, but Im just a weirdo like that)

Anther

Smash Champion
Quaz.. after I realized I swapped controllers I walked back to the big TV where I picked yours up from and replaced it with mine. I only knew of it as your controller because of the name and.. didn't know much else to do with it TT. I think a guy with a mini-fro, hazel eyes, and wearing a green shirt took it when everyone was leaving.

Khepri, it's somewhere with my controller, I think I left it in the twin's van. If it doesn't show up I'll find another good controller for ya TT.

Kels88

Smash Lord
ANTHER. You lucked up out of our pikachu ditto $mm again. Don't worry I'll be sure to come to this and personally annihilate that little rodent of yours.

Wafles

Smash Lord
I realized i have to start watching my financial situation a bit, so I may not come to this.

Depends on how much money I have.

If I do come I might just do melee friendlies/enter singles or something.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Don't think I can make this one, I'll be out of town (way out of town) but I expect MI to continue kicking ***.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
The interview is just a very quick recap of the tourney you were in. Just how you felt the competition was and about your grand finals match. Really is not a lot, we really won't be using all of the interview anyway, just a clip of it to put in the vid for the Champs... Similar to the vid we did for last month. Last Month's Vid

If you want to speak in a different language that is fine, I know some people that will be speaking in another language if they win other tournaments.

You act as if the interview is the worst part, I want to see how people react when they win their prize for first. XD :p

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Ally it's cool. but you have to conversate with big webster. all the cool kids are doing it...LMFAO

amiright...

i need to be interviewed :(

Landry

Smash Ace
Anyone from WI going to this that I could get a ride with? I'd pay my share of gas and all that.

Top Bottom