• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C-c-c-combos!

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Dair True Combos on Every Character!

Dair > jab 1,2,3________20-X%_______Damage: 15-30%

Dair > Dtilt___________30-X%_______Damage: 11-26%

Dair > Utilt___________30-X%_______Damage: 16-31%

Dair > Ftilt___________40-X%_______Damage: 14-31%

Dair > Dair___________50-X%_______Damage: 10-40%

Dair > Nair___________55-X%_______Damage: 7-37%

Dair > Uair___________55-X%_______Damage: 18-33%

Dair > Fsmash________75-X%_______Damage: 20-35%

Dair > DJDair_________60-X%_______Damage: 5-40%

*Note that percentages are based on training mode so that stale moves do not factor in. This does not affect their ability to combo but will vary the percentages that combos work at depending on how stale your Dair is as well as the total damage it does. Percentage ranges for the combos to work are based on after Dair has finished so that any time Dair hits, regardless of how many hits connect other than hit 4, if the opponent is in the percentage range listed at the end of the move, the combo will work. The variable X is used to show the percentage at which the opponent is hit off the ground or into the ground by hit 4 which varies by character and by stale moves.

**Dair must be autocancelled AND fastfallen for these combos to work.

Percentages at which hit 4 knocks opponents off the ground or into the ground

Jigglypuff - 74%
Squirtle - 77%
Game and Watch - 77%
Kirby - 78%
Metaknight - 79%
Fox - 79%
Pikachu - 79%
Falco - 80%
ZSS - 80%
Olimar - 80%
Sheik - 82%
Zelda - 82%
Marth - 83%
Peach - 84%
Diddy - 85%
Ice Climbers - 85%
Toon Link - 85%
Pit - 86%
Lucas - 86%
Ness - 86%
Sonic - 86%
Luigi - 87%
Mario - 88%
Lucario - 89%
Ivysaur -89%
Captain Falcon - 90%
Link - 90%
Wolf - 90%
ROB - 91%
Ike - 91%
Wario - 92%
Yoshi - 92%
Charizard - 93%
Ganondorf - 93%
King Dedede - 94%
Snake - 95%
Donkey Kong - 96%
Bowser - 98%

*stale moves not included

Escapable Dair Combos

Dair > Dtilt lock > Fsmash______X-300%

Dair > Dtilt lock > Usmash______X-300%

Dair > Techchase > Usmash_____X-300%

Dair > Dair > Dtilt lock > Usmash/Fsmash _____(X-20) - 300%

Nair True Combos!
All of these combos are done with un-autocancelled Nairs so that the final knockback hit of Nair does not connect. This means you're falling onto an opponent with Nair.

Nair (only one hit) > jab_______45-X%

Nair (multi hits) > jab_________0-X%

Nair (multi hits > Utilt_________20-X%

*Nair also true combos into other moves like Ftilt, Nair, Uair, Fair and Dair but I probably won't do all the testing for these since I don't plan on using them often. If there's a special request I'll mess with it.

**In this instance, the variable "X" stands for the percent at which the opponent is hit too high for the move to connect. Because Nair has such low knockback in every hit but the last one and because of the good range and speed of both jab and Utilt, the value of X would have to be high enough that it really doesn't make a difference. In testing other moves however, this did become an issue as some moves such as Fsmash you can only combo into out of Nair at a percentage that sends the opponent high enough that with the right reaction they can hit you with an aerial before your move comes out.

Jab Cancel Combo
Lucas has one jab cancel combo and it's really hard to do. If you don't jab cancel perfectly, the opponent perfect shields it with a buffered shield. Every other option is either too slow or doesn't have enough horizontal range to work.

Jab 1 > Dtilt________0-X%

*The variable "X" stands for the percentage at which the opponent is hit too far away with the first jab for the Dtilt to reach. This varies by character as well as SDI. This is not a true combo because of SDI.

**Jab 2 > Dtilt as far as I can tell doesn't work because jab 2 doesn't cancel as quickly and tends to send them slightly further away. I have not tested it extensively though.

HAGGS

Smash Apprentice
Awesome! Thanks for making a combined list of all the potential combos. Much easier to analyze with them all being organized and explained!

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
APC: Yes. I'd have to test to see if with a second jump it's a true combo or not. I'm guessing that it probably is at slightly higher percentages than Dair > Dair since there is more lag time inbetween aerial Dairs than there is between autocancelled Dairs. I might test it tomorrow for you if you like. Double aerial Dairs aren't something I do very often.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Looks like I have yet another set of numbers to memorize. Sigh.

This is amazing stuff. I'd laugh if suddenly a bunch of Lucas players came out of nowhere and started doing these attack chains in tournaments. It looks like down air is slowly becoming the most effective setup option for KO moves. It used to be nair for me...

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I'm 99% sure that unautocancelled Nairs true combo at the right percentages as well. Autocancelled Nairs probably true combo at the right percentages as well but they're really weird and change a lot depending on the character. Plus you can DI out of Nair if it gets too many hits in and jump out.

Powda

Smash Apprentice
I can't seem to get Dair jab or Dair Dtilt to work against diddy's jab. I've tried Shop Dair Fhop Dair and Dair from the sky, for some reason Diddy can get his Jab out b4 My slow fingers can get him.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
You're probably not fast falling or autocancelling it correctly. To get these combos to work at their minimum percentages, you must fastfall and autocancel the move perfectly. You also have to buffer the moves properly which can be troublesome especially with the tilts if you're not used to it.

To do this, you're going to have to full hop, use Dair before you reach the peak of your jump and fast fall to time it so that you land just after the 4th hit of Dair comes out. This takes practice.

If the opponent is at high enough percentages, fast falling and even autocancelling may not be necesary but you may have to choose a faster option than what is listed above for that percentage range.

I hope that helps. Mostly it just takes practice.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I haven't gotten around to testing that yet APC. Sorry. I graduated today
:)

I don't have recording equipment so I can't make vids.

Knowing my options for dair has made my Lucas game way better. I've simplified it to basically:
0-25% Nair/shield depending on the character/opponent
25-35% jab
35-55% Utilt
55-75% Dair
75-X% Fsmash
X-200% Dtilt>Usmash or reading the airdodge with Fair/Uair/Fsmash

This gives some room for error if spacing doesn't allow a perfect fastfall. Simple to remember usually too.

lil cj

Smash Lord
Congrats on graduating Tyr!
I just graduated high school too:)
Class of 09!!!

Thanks for all the info on dair combos:)

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
NAIR COMBOS!!!

Also, APC's request has been granted.

Probably won't be working on any more true combos because I don't think Lucas has any more that haven't already been discussed such has ftilt lock, dtilt lock etc.

Let me know if there are any questions.

lil cj

Smash Lord
Yes Ive been wating for Nair combos
Nair is my favorite Lucas move!!!!!!!!!!

Also, Lucas has other combos that are never mentioned lol

Uair combos:
Uair+utilt
Uair+jab
Uair+filt

Jab cancels:
Jab to fitlt
Jab to grab
Jab to dtilt

heytallman

CTALL
I've often found myself jabbing once and then either ftilting or just simply walking away. Mindgames FTW!

Good stuff, I've been nair>uptilting religiously recently lol

Also, last night I was messing up and dairing, but being on the wrong side of my opponent for the dtilt lock D: it was pretty pathetic.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Opponents can actually DI the last hit of Dair to end up on either side of you and mess up your Dtilt lock. I've had it really mess me up before.

I might try to see if jab cancels lead to any true combos at all. I don't think they do.

Uair combos are lots of following DI and airdodging. I can't imagine they are true combos except at low percentages or if it gets really stale.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
We have a single jab cancel combo. You have to jab cancel perfectly though. It's really a pain. No room for error.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I'm working on jab > Dtilt > Ftilt

It puts a lot of characters into Dtilt tripping range so if they trip the Ftilt connects. But since you don't know if it's going to trip or not, Ftilt is safe on shields at that range so you can atleast escape if they shield it.

Heavies don't get knocked very far so I might try jab > Dtilt > jab > Dtilt but I'm not sure if Dtilt has enough hitstun for that to work or not.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
i played again last friday and today
i was able to perform dair+dtilt twice (vs wolf and olimar, different players), but not only that, thanks to telegraphed dair, i had enough time to move in the air, and land just in the right position, and hit with dtilt's tip, so they tripped, and i fsmash :)

Dxt XXII

Smash Journeyman
A lot of these combos work differently against different characters. Some combos against say, Bowser, may not be a combo against Zelda. Heaver characters fall into Dair combos like nothing, and it is so satifsfying:).

It would be interesting to see the combo %s of light, medium, and heavy weights, but you probably don't have enough time for that.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Because these combos are based on the last hit of Dair which does not send the opponent anywhere, these combos do NOT work differently on different characters.

The same is true for Nair since it was tested with only one hit which sends them a negligable distance. This way, I didn't have to test against differently weighted characters and the percentages remain the same between them.

Dxt XXII

Smash Journeyman
Well, certain characters can tech much easier than others at higher % after being knocked down by dair. For example, at about 100% Kirby can tech out of Dair's spike, preventing any further combos, while Bowser cannot. Nair is the same, though, as you say, because it does not involve knocking your opponent into the ground.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
The percentages listed show true combos. If the opponent can tech, it is not a true combo. That's why I listed the individual percentages at which the opponent is knocked into the air or into the ground by the 4th hit, allowing DI and teching which makes them no longer true. Maybe you didn't read the thread very well.

Nair is not the same because at any percentage, hitting with just one hit of Nair as long as it is not the final hit, sends them a pathetically small distance and I sincerely doubt that even the best SDI could escape the true combos listed.

Top Bottom