• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rio Grande Valley - June 13th, BRAWL AND MELEE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messatsu!

Smash Journeyman
I SHOULDN'T BE ALIVE
June 13th, 2009

MELEE AND BRAWL TOURNAMENT :D

Tourney Flyer: CLICK PLZ

LINKS:
http://www.myspace.com/rgvenergeticgaming
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?p=6806634#post6806634

VENUE LOCATION
Arnie's Cafe & Grill
2207 N. Raul Longoria
San Juan, Texas 78589
http://www.arniesgrill.com

Can hold 100+ people
Small venue fee
No curfew
Will provide concessions to purchase
Central Valley location
Possible Monthlies!

FEATURED EVENTS:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (1v1, 2v2)
Super Smash Bros. Melee (1v1, 2v2)
Halo 3 (FFA, 2v2, 4v4)
Street Fighter 4
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HDRemix
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom

TENTATIVE SCHEDULE:

Halo 3:
Warm up: 10 am
Tourney: 12 pm

Super Smash Bros. Melee:
Friendlies: 12 pm
Tourney: 2 pm

Super Smash Bros. Brawl:
Friendlies: 2 pm
Tourney: 3 pm

Street Fighter 4:
Casuals: 2 pm
Tourney: 3 pm

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix:
Casuals: 4 pm
Tourney: 5 pm

Marvel vs. Capcom 2:

Casuals: 6 pm
Tourney: 7 pm

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom:
Casuals: 8 pm
Tourney 9 pm

PRICES

Venue Fee: $5.00

Melee Singles: $5.00
Melee Doubles: $10.00

Brawl Singles: $5.00
Brawl Doubles: $5.00

RULESET:

THIS TOURNAMENT IS BYOC (BRING YOUR OWN STICK/CONTROLLER)

Melee: http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=178821305&blogId=481318068

Brawl: http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=178821305&blogId=481318068

Tournament Organizer:

Danny aka - Gravy, Shank, Etc
Phone: 956-778-9242
AIM: pokemasterdano
Email: adsegovia@yahoo.com

I will be using Tio to seed and run Melee and Brawl based on past tournament results and city. All other events will be seeded accordingly by their respective organizers helping me.

SET UP CONSOLATION!!!

If you bring a full set up we will wave the venue fee for you! Please contact me ASAP to confirm your set up! First come, first serve!

A set up means: the CONSOLE, the SYSTEM, and the GAME!

We are currently set on the following games:

Halo 3
Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Any other questions, comments, ideas, or trash talk, please discuss away here! There is also the option of contacting me via myspace or the other methods listed!

HYPE IT RGV :D

Broly

Smash Lord
uhh, you sure this place w/ it size can run tournies smoothly? and ill be there, just RESTRICT tvs to tourny matches only...

Messatsu!

Smash Journeyman
The restaurant is closed on Saturdays so we will have the entire place to ourselves. It might be a little cramped depending if tons of people show up, but I will make sure there is room for the tournament matches and make sure they go on before friendlies/mms, we have all night anyways. I can post up some pics of it tomorrow.

Worst case scenario we cut Halo out of the monthlies/future tournies to ensure future success!

cHiCkEN_TeNdErS

Smash Apprentice
my suggestions for counter pick stages
anyone else agree/disagree with these?

Neutral:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium 1
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counterpick:
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Norfair
Lylat Cruise
Rainbow Cruise

Broly

Smash Lord
stages are fine. i suggest getting volunteers to help run smash, since brawl and halo 3 may take the most times...i ALSO suggest you make doubles in both games first, that way theres more of a chance that ppl will play doubles. melee will take no more than an hour, BUT make sure u are strict with friendlies. and how are things w/ set ups? brawl will need 5-6 setups at least.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Unfortunately I won't be able to go to this because of work.

:(

I don't get out of work until 8 but I'll show up after work just to say hi and get some friendlies in. I'll support what I can either way, I'll make sure to send a bunch of noobs to it too.

*looks at Shlike*

Broly

Smash Lord
ehh im taking a setup, but does ''complete setup also mean tv? ill bring a setup n papi will bring his...

Everis755

Smash Cadet
oh lawd. shank + murdr. how lameeee =). i'll probably take my wii setup but not my tv so meh. =). neutrals looked good. counters looked like too few but i may be wrong.

Messatsu!

Smash Journeyman
OK DOODS!

To answer the Halo question first, the FFA is only $1 to play in, but that still includes paying the $5 venue fee to participate! It is cheap so a lot of kids will play, maybe even kids who don't usually play, and also so I can seed the 4v4 bracket accordingly. That is the only legit way to do seeding in Halo because the teams all change members and they are all so close in skill.

ANYWAYS FOR BRAWL/MELEE WORRIES...

I already have confirmed FIVE COMPLETE SETUPS W/ BRAWL AND MELEE! Ok, maybe I am lacking a few Melee copies with memory cards, but I need to speak to Mikey about that. So as for Brawl/Melee the set ups are covered! If anyone brings more than that they will be more than welcome for friendlies/mms but I don't think I can be waving the venue fee for anybody else.

DOUBLES will be run first in both Melee and Brawl so as to ensure a good pace for the tournament. With five set ups I know Melee will breeze by and Brawl shouldn't be too much of a wait. I have people helping me with the tournament in all areas, so I don't expect excessive friendlies during the tourney to be a real issue. But like I said, bring your set ups if you want to play friendlies on the side and not during/on the tournament TVs.

Set ups we are still lacking are for HDREMIX and Street Fighter 4, and we need them on XBOX 360! So if anybody could help with that...

Did I miss anything?

MORE QUESTIONS >:]

And sorry you won't be making it Vorguen, and sorry I missed yours last night. :[

Broly

Smash Lord
i can bring 2 melee copies w/ memory cards. the sf4 w/ 360 i can bring but i cant promise...if i bring all this i expect 1 free drink...

Messatsu!

Smash Journeyman
more questions.

for the halo ffa, are u using the mlg rules and settings? or is this going by your rules
everything map default no time limit 1/4 respawn time on inviz and os

LOL JK OF COURSE ITS MLG DOOD! :D

@ Broly, If you bring the melee copies i will wave your venue fee or give you a drink. OR both if you bring the SF4 set up ;b

Messatsu!

Smash Journeyman
ah i see. i suppose it is the same for me. love halo 1 and 2, but just never got into 3. if you want to team up and play for fun let me know, i have some friends that might want to play also ;D

Messatsu!

Smash Journeyman
i've distributed some in mcallen/weslaco/san juan/ alamo at lenient restaurants and game stops/game crazys. lets see how it works.

defsithe

Smash Ace
hmm i did not no this thread existed. my bad. but yeah TOURNY THIS SATURDAY! get hyped and what not.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Epic tourney... Seriously Shank good job! Thanks for waiting for me and letting me get in. <3 ;) and you know you loved that hug. :p ...Reigun is a beast with Ganon!!! You guys need to come hang out and play with us. :) ...Post results up!!! If possible with characters / money rewards so I can post them on Results list and my thread. www.tinyurl.com/brawlfest Shank to come talk to all of us in the RGV. That's our thread on smashboards. Anyways CYA all later going to bed. Night!

defsithe

Smash Ace
teh regular rgv thread is in the southwest regional zones :( and no one posts there anymore :p

Magik0722

Smash Champion
I really think the thread in the southwest is more melee oriented with brawlfest being you know.. brawl. All the melee players post there mikey and the inactivty is basically a omen for melee.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
LOL well Shady and Mikey use the other one too, the other one is NOT the RGV Brawl thread it's the RGV Bromance thread.

BF4 stands for Bromance Fest 4.

Seriously just use the other one, it's guaranteed 4 replies in love.

Messatsu!

Smash Journeyman
Let this thread die plz! We are making our own thread in the Southwest, because it seems that nothing is really organized with all of the threads and tournament listings. My brother is the one making the thread so look for it.

N E WAYZ

@HaHaHero - Sorry I didn't answer you, add us on myspace: www.myspace.com/rgvenergeticgaming

@ Magik - Were cutting Halo out so I don't think that will be a issue anymore.

@ Mikey - THANK YOU SO MUCH, it would have been disasterpiece without you!

@ Vorgy - Your crazy, but I'll see you in Brownsville! :D

NOW....DIE!

@

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom