• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF Member Sig Tutorials

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
This thread is dedicated to sharing ideas and skills in computer graphics.

Share your thoughts and ideas on how you create banners and other images. have a design you like and you think others will enjoy it? Post it! Have some fonts and brushes that are unique and want to share, Post it!

This thread was made for, but not restricted to, the use of photoshop and imageready.

Here are the rules...

- Only post tutorials here. If you have any questions please pm the creator of the particular tutorial. Don't ask about them here. It will become to cluttered and confusing if you do so.

- We do not "give away" free software. If you want photoshop or other non-freeware program you will have to obtain it yourself.

- Unless your tutorial is very simple, please post pictures of the steps whenever you can. This makes it easier for others to read and understand your tutorial.

- As there may be a lot of images for tutorial steps, please turn off your signatures when posting.

- Please seperate your tutorials by steps. short and easy guidelines that anyone should be able to understand.

- If you want to share brushes, fonts or what-not, please give credit to the creator if you didnt make them yourself. It is understandable if you do not know who made them, but please remember to give credit where it is due.

- If there is a particular font or brush you wish to share, it must be hosted outside of SWF.

- Dont link to other tutorials. This topic is for the members of SWF to share what they know. If you do come across good tutorial websites, PM them to ThunderMistress so that they can be added in to the tutorial and resources topic.

- Don't forget to check the main page often. New rules may be added or edited. please keep this in mind.

- As always, all Artwork Emporium and Global Rules apply.

hope you all enjoy! ^_^,b

POKE40

Smash Lord
Making GIF signatures on GIMP

Making GIF signatures on GIMP:

Since this is a tutorial. It will be a big tutorial :)
So I'll update this periodically. ( I just partially finished one myself and it took over 3 hours :urg:)

I'm not completely the master at "making gif signatures on GIMP just yet, but I can make easy picture transitions from one picture to another that both share a background.

Step 1: Create the background

So the background is going to remain throughout the whole gif animation
So I made one myself:

No...I will not teach you how to make a picture similar to above^^^
This is a gif tutorial on gimp...

You want the background to be a Flattened Image!

Step 2: Putting the frames

After this:
You must do the following to make one frame:
1) Make sure the frame you are making looks like the picture above. ONLY HAVE THE EYES "on" On what you want the frame to have, so that means don't have the eyes "on" next to any other frames you did (see picture above)
2) Right click in the layer box ( if it is not open do this: Windows => Dockable Dialogs => Layers)
3) Merge visible layers

Good job. You have created a frame.
Now go finish up all the rest of your frames :mad:

Step 3: Letting Gimp do the rest :)

Here is what you do now. This is the part where you need to have all of the above (step 2 most importantly) correct.

After you have got all your frames done:

1) Right Click
2) Filters
3) Animation
4) Blend
5) Change the "Intermediate Frames" into how many frames you want (For picture translations you would want around 20 to 40 frames)
6) Click on "OK"
7) Wait...grab a pizza or something (it won't take very long)
8) A new picture well come up that looks almost exactly like your other work. Well it isn't. Time to test it out!
9) Right Click
10) Filters
11) Animation
12) Playback
13) If you are done and like what you see: Go to step 15; If you don't like what you see go to step 14
14) Go back to STEP 2: Putting the Frames. If problems occur please pm me, but include screenshots and in-depth description of your problem.
15) Right Click => filters => Animations
16) Optimize (for GIF)
17) A new box will open up with the same looking artwork that you did
18) Save AS (the new box that just opened up
19) Save your work: ie: SmashBoards.gif
20) Load it up to something like www.imageshack.us
21)....
22) profit!

Final Result:

Here is the final result (I put it up for eye candy)...(it is not finished though...need to add the rest of the brawl characters):

Don't steal! :mad:
I don't think unfinished work would look good in your sig anyways :p

Problems? PM me!
Please provide pics and I like in-depth descriptions of your pitiful scenario :chuckle:

Want good fonts?
I got mine from here:
www.urbanfonts.com

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Gameplay Sigs (this is as detailed as I'm gonna get, so if you don't know how to do something with VirtualDub you need to find out how elsewhere):

1) Capture video
2) Open in VirtualDub
3) Do any editing you want
4) Shrink or clip to siggable size and make sure output framerate is pretty low (like 10)
5) Export as animated gif

Examples:

Jiggy

Smash Apprentice
I was under the impression that this was already posted somewhere else .-.

Oh well:

It goes over the basics/many techniques on color change in Photoshop. The techniques could easily be transitioned to Gimp, etc.

Rip if you like, but at least try to give "Jiggy" credit. I try to share my knowledge with y'all ;)

Dr_Twist

Smash Lord
i found that very helpful jiggy ive been trying to do that for awhile. and btw WE NEED MORE! gotta teach us noob photoshopers how to do it! ill be posting some sometime in the future once im back into photoshop.

Top Bottom