• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Northwest Majors '09- August 22nd, Saturday- Melee, Brawl Singles/Doubles- Tacoma, WA

BRENT0B0X

Smash Cadet
Update!

Gameclucks owner Chris is going to be running Smash now at this event!

He will be running Melee singles and doubles and Brawl singles and doubles all day on dedicated set-ups, so that means a lot more reason and times to play for Smash players!

Signing up to play only Smash will only cost you $5 registration at the door and $10 for each tournament. If you want to enter the other 7 games, it will be the full $10 for registration, but you will be able to enter a total of 11 tournaments throughout the day.

Get Hype!

Northwest Majors '09

Date- Saturday, August 22nd: 8AM-11PM

Location- Temple Theater Ballroom, Landmark Convention Center in Tacoma, WA.

Check the Venue Website for reference or directions or check, Google Map

Venue Picture- Full Room View, View of Stage, Outside Lobby, Outside View, Tournament Floor, Casuals Area 1, Casuals Area 2

Games-

Super Smash Bros Melee - Singles and Doubles
Super Smash Bros Brawl- Singles and Doubles

Street Fighter 4
Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Guilty Gear: Accent Core Plus
BlazBlue
Marvel Vs Capcom 2
King of Fighter XII

Cost-

$5 Registration for Smash Games Only
$10 Entry Per Tournament

$10 Registration to Enter All Games
$10 Entry Per Tournament

Registration- Register on the day of for Smash Games, and post up on AllIsBrawl.com in the GameClucks Tournament Page to let Chris know you plan to attend

For all other games, preregistration will be available through the tournament website and Paypal. Day of registration will be available in the morning at the event itself.

Website- www.NorthwestMajors.com

Great place to check for info, updates, and to pre-register.

If you have any questions, you can PM me or post up in the Northwest Majors '09 Thread in the Northwest Forum, and I'll be sure to get back to you. You can also get a hold of me at Brento.Box@hotmail.com. Make sure you have a period between Brento and Box.

BRENT0B0X

Smash Cadet
Pre-registration is open at NorthwestMajors.com. The sooner people register, the sooner the attendee list will start to build and we can generate hype for the tournament.

I am also looking for someone to organize a semi-official Brawl side tournament for those wanting to play more than just Melee or who are just showing up for Melee in the official tournamnet games.

Duggish

Smash Rookie
Cause fuggin WA is full of *****es for smashers. oh **** i went there. Considering T0mmy was the closest thing to NW rep @ evo...ouch guys.

BRENT0B0X

Smash Cadet
Gameclucks owner Chris is going to be running Smash now at this event!

He will be running Melee singles and doubles and Brawl singles and doubles all day on dedicated set-ups throughout the day, so that means a lot more reason and times to play for Smash players!

Signing up to play only Smash will only cost you $5 registration at the door and $10 for each tournament. If you want to enter the other 7 games, it will be the full $10 for registration, but you will be able to enter a total of 11 tournaments throughout the day.

Get Hype!

Help!

Smash Journeyman
Help is considering the great possibility that he's going. Get some more hype for this thing.

Touk

Smash Journeyman
if there is enough hype/people, I'll go. the venue seems like it has a lot of potential.

BRENT0B0X

Smash Cadet
52 have said they are coming for Smash on AllIsBrawl, and we have a ton a SF players coming. We had 120 last year without a smash tournament, so it should be pretty huge.

And seriously man, can we get sticky? What's a 2 week out tournament gotta do ta get a sticky around here?

BRENT0B0X

Smash Cadet
FFFFFFFFF-LLLLLLLLLLLL-OOOOOOAAATTT!

52 players have said they plan to come according to all is Brawl, and there will be a good number of setups for Smash, SF and casuals! Hope to see a lot of you there.

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
HYPE!!!

GET TO THIS PPL!!!!

If you are a top Smash Player BIO3 needs to be your priority. If you are not a top WA Smasher, then you BETTER be at this thing!!!

keeper

Smash Champion
Thanks Keeper. Hope to see you there.
Late response, yes, but anyway... I rarely ever get to go out of state. I've actually only done it once. >_>;

Once I get a car/license/money, I'll go to WA more. So I'll be at this thing next year.

I hope everything went well at this tourney.

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
The event was GREAT!!
We had 32 Brawl singles entries. 12 in Teams. Melee was weak as hell because the UW guys who ***** and complain about no melee events, yet again (with the exception of Kaos and one other guy) fail to show up to a MELEE EVENT.
We had 12 in Melee singles and like 6 in Teams...

From the looks of things the other Fighters had great turn outs also... at about 7pm when SF4 started (I think thats when it started), it looked like we had about 100-120 people in the non-Smash area...maybe even more.

AWESOME JOB NWM!!!

BRENT0B0X

Smash Cadet
Thanks Chris. I have to get going to return some stuff, so I can't post to much right now, but we had about 145 people for all the other games at the tournament. It turned out pretty great.

I'll post more when I get back, and I'll link to the results thread, but thanks for coming out and being a part of the tournament. It was a great to have Smash there and have it run so well. You really made what would have been a mediocre Melee tournament into something awesome. Thanks for everything you did to make it happen.

Top Bottom