• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CdF3 - It's back! ~ June 27th KC Kansas

Fino

Smash Master
~Casa del Fino Returns!~

~Set-ups needed~

Note:
No drugs / alcohol - smoking is to be done outside the house
If anything is stolen again I will take aggressive action this time =D
Everyone coming is welcome to stay the night before returning home
Gimmick tournament yet to be decided.... throw some options for me ;)

Without further ado...

Where
Check ampharos' post on page 3

When & what
Saturday, June 27th
- Check in starts at 12
- Doubles will begin at 1
- Singles will begin when doubles are completed

Entry Fees

- $10 for Singles
- $10 for Doubles (per person)

Rules for Brawl
-3 Stock

- 8 minute timer

-Items are set to "off" and "none"

-All sets will be best of 3 matches. The Finals (Losers/Winners/Grand) will be best of 5.

-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

-No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

-In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

-If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

-You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
Rules for Doubles:

-Life Stealing is allowed

-Team attack ON

-Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Stage Striking: Players take turns striking stages from the starter list until only one remains; these stages are not banned and can be counterpicked later in the set.

Double-blind pick: This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.

Starter:

-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Yoshi's Island
-Pokémon Stadium 1
-Halberd
-Lylat Cruise

Counter:

-Brinstar
-Delfino Plaza
-Frigate Orpheon
-Jungle Japes
-Pictochat
-Pirate Ship
-Pokémon Stadium 2
-Rainbow Cruise
-Norfair
-Castle Siege

*Copied directly from the gigabrawl 3 thread... so no johns ;D

List of attendees:
~Fino
-MJG
-Affinity
-Zeton
-Stealth Raper
-Kind of Amazing Ampharos
-Steeler
-4rce
-Doom
-Inferno

~Fino

Cook

Smash Master
Hm, I'm not sure about this. My roommate's birthday party is that night and I was planning on going to that. And I think my doubles partner has a bachelorette party or something that night.

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
Bump for justice and for being next week.

I work on saturdays until 3:00. And the teams are all I'd want to come for :/

Fino

Smash Master
I'm open to move it to any date in between June 13-29 so whatever works for everyone. I'm fine with pushing it back to a later date on a weekday if people can ask off for that date.

~Fino

TP

Smash Master
I vote for Sunday, June 28th, because WAIT 2 was supposed to be on that day but got moved due to venue issues. People have probably already asked off work for that day (I know I did).

EDIT: They actually might still be doing it on the 28th, so ignore me. In fact, choose any day BUT the 28th. LOL.

Cook

Smash Master
Um, I think the 28th sounds good. I forgot that Joker's monthly is on the 27th, so I'll probably hit that, but two tournaments in one weekend would be great.

Fino

Smash Master
Date needs to be decided SOON
No one is voicing an opinion right now and currently it's what works for the majority of wichita... which is looking towards either the 27th or 13th

~Fino

Nicole

Smash Champion
I like the 28th.
I also know my vote counts a whole bunch, especially since I named my sweet rock band character I'm FINO, bitch!

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Our houses are close enough that anyone who could make it to yours could make it to mine. Would people still show up if we hosted it at my house instead?

Either way, I'll ask the powers that be if it's fine tomorrow. I already took the day off so I'd really like something to happen!

Details tomorrow pending signs that people will still show. The basement is actually bigger than Fino's and it's only 10 minutes away from his house so don't worry about those things...

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Okay, I have the proper permission. I hope people are still up for it.

Casa del Fino 3 is now known as Casa Delfino. No, I have absolutely no permission from Fino to hijack this, but I'm sure he won't mind given that he canceled on us (Fino, if you could change the OP, it would be great!). All the rules are the same including time to show up. Doors open at about noon; we should start at about one. If the turnout is total garbage, whatever few show up are welcome to stay for some friendlies.

My address is 11409 Glen Arbor Terr. Kansas City MO, 64114.

Easy instructions:

Take 435 to State Line Rd. Exit and head south on State Line Rd. to Red Bridge Rd. Turn left onto Red Bridge Rd. and proceed to Glen Arbor Terr. Turn right and head along the road until you bump into my house. Please ring the doorbell on the garage door, NOT the front door (I'll still answer, but it's annoying).

If you have trouble finding it (816)-896-2615 is my phone number. Alternatively, PM me on smashboards if you need to pester me about anything; I'm on way too much for my own good.

I have one Wii and a few TVs (though only two that are convenient). Bringing set-ups would be appreciated.

EXTRA BONUS PRIZE: The winner of this tournament will be allowed to choose to change my custom title (which I have the power to edit as a mod) to anything they want, provided their choice is friendly with the SWF global rules.

Fino

Smash Master
Okay, I have the proper permission. I hope people are still up for it.

Casa del Fino 3 is now known as Casa Delfino. No, I have absolutely no permission from Fino to hijack this, but I'm sure he won't mind given that he canceled on us (Fino, if you could change the OP, it would be great!). All the rules are the same including time to show up. Doors open at about noon; we should start at about one. If the turnout is total garbage, whatever few show up are welcome to stay for some friendlies.

My address is 11409 Glen Arbor Terr. Kansas City MO, 64114.

Easy instructions:

Take 435 to State Line Rd. Exit and head south on State Line Rd. to Red Bridge Rd. Turn left onto Red Bridge Rd. and proceed to Glen Arbor Terr. Turn right and head along the road until you bump into my house. Please ring the doorbell on the garage door, NOT the front door (I'll still answer, but it's annoying).

If you have trouble finding it (816)-896-2615 is my phone number. Alternatively, PM me on smashboards if you need to pester me about anything; I'm on way too much for my own good.

I have one Wii and a few TVs (though only two that are convenient). Bringing set-ups would be appreciated.

EXTRA BONUS PRIZE: The winner of this tournament will be allowed to choose to change my custom title (which I have the power to edit as a mod) to anything they want, provided their choice is friendly with the SWF global rules.
Updated a little bit... erm I have to go back to work soon. But people still need to come :D

~Fino

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Unfortunately I dont think this will go over. I believe most of wichita made other plans for saturday now.
But it was only really canceled for 3 hours, all of which were in the middle of the night... There's no way you guys all made plans of real importance then. I call johns.

Top Bottom