• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Kirby Matchup Thread, now discussing: LUCAS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
The mods are currently aware of a missing mod here, but Bunny is on vacation if I remember correctly. That being said, I'll post in the DL forum to have a mod put someone else in charge of this thread (BTW, next time something like this comes up, if we still don't have a mod, tell me in a message or on the GD. I don't really check this thread much anymore.).

EDIT: Bunny actually left and deleted or deactivated his/her account over the New Year's it seems, but Hylian says he/she asked him to watch over his/her boards while he/she was away. Hylian believes he/she will be back at some point.

Also, who wants to run this thread?

DOUBLE EDIT:

Didn't notice Joivanni made the results thread too. Who wants that one? If no one does, I can take it, but I don't particularly care either way. Not doing the MU thread though.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
If she deleted/deactivated her account, it seems to me like she won't be back. We can't just let someone come by and check every once in a while, we need an active mod for our daily needs, whenever they may appear.

I'd run the thread and tourney results, but for now I can't. I don't have much access to PCs for now as you probably have seen from my inactivity, Hyper (a friend of mine) still hasn't fixed my laptop after he broke it at Pound4... And he has it so I can't fix it myself (power supply socket is busted, can't charge it).

Triple R

Smash Lord
eh, as much as I am on here,(Multiple times per day) I don't think I'd enjoy being in charge of a thread. I'm pretty sure there are other kirby's that would enjoy it more than me. If by any chance you can't find any other person, I guess I would volunteer myself for a thread.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Well, I'd take over it, but we first need to decide if we'd prefer making the next MUs "Exports" instead of discussing them here.

Synopsis can be done eventually, but for now, let's get stuff straight and try and make everything as clean and manageable as possible.

So... Exports, or continue what we're doing now?

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
lol

Well, exports work like this... We make individual topics for each MU discussion, and discuss those MUs in the topics. Then we link all of the topics to the main discussion thread, right next to the icon of the respective characters... It's definitely better than reading through pages in a single thread, and everything's easier to find in the sense that we don't need to jump into an MU Discussion that's talking about LUCAS and find out it's been done 2 months ago and we're on a completely different character.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
He says Kirby's F-smash isn't very good at all in B+, and he likes every other aspect of Kirby+, but wants us to fix its poor killing power. This is the 2nd or 3rd time he's made a thread asking. I asked the developer to either fix it or tell M2K as a favor.
Ah, then yeah, doesn't belong here.

Nice to know M2K knows what Kirby's sexiest move is, final smash!

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
... EM TOO KAY asks/pesters and it shall be done...

Funny how only he can get away with that sort of thing.

Also, we CAN do exports AND summaries. They aren't mutually exclusive.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
>_> I wouldn't mind taking over the tournament thread or a few of the match-up export summaries. I get on once everyday but past checking my subscriptions I just try and read the Kirby boards.

If we start exporting, I wanna nab the yoshi and olimar MU summaries since I have those as my strong suits in the lesser played/ hard matchup respectively.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Ack... I need someone to take over THIS thread though. I mean, I'll tell them to give you the tournament one, but I could have done that one if no one stepped up. I am NOT doing this one though...

As for the export threads... it doesn't matter who does them; we don't need someone to change the ownership of those since they haven't happened yet.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Ack... I need someone to take over THIS thread though. I mean, I'll tell them to give you the tournament one, but I could have done that one if no one stepped up. I am NOT doing this one though...

As for the export threads... it doesn't matter who does them; we don't need someone to change the ownership of those since they haven't happened yet.
Well I have a netbook that I take everywhere, and I do mean everywhere, with me. I'll take over this thread to help keep it moving @ a steady pace, being updated regularly and such. I offered to cover the tournament one since I figured people's would want to cover this one.

Tiersie

Smash Ace
If she deleted/deactivated her account, it seems to me like she won't be back. We can't just let someone come by and check every once in a while, we need an active mod for our daily needs, whenever they may appear.
I actually know and talk to one of the more known mods around here (Marc). I might get him to make one of us a mod for this part of the forum. But we'd need someone then.

I nominate Kewkky for obvious reasons. He's knowledgable and an overall nice guy, I don't think I've ever seen him flame someone.

~Shao~

Smash Ace
We're just building some Kewk hype.

We have been without a (active) mod here since ~December. And I think we all agree it would be nice to have a new mod who's active AND a part of the Kirby boards "community".

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I would have to hate the new mod because I hate mods. Umm, anyone decided who's going to run the new match up thread?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Awww... T!mmy and I get no mentions for being knowing our character? That makes me sad... (Or ThrillaGorilla for that matter)

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
:evil: *lurks the thread for now, but makes his presence known with this reply so he fails at lurking*:evil:
my blue name will be gone if i'm chosen as a mod, so i'll need to change my avatar ):

EDIT: JoWii, you'll be in charge of the thread once I figure out how to give ownership of threads to people... Just do your stuff how you would do it for now if the thread was under your name, and I'll change the title according to what you say.

Wanna do exports+summaries, or continue doing it this way with just summaries? If you want to do exports, it'd be a better idea to start a new thread, import everything of value from this thread slowly (copy+paste stuff from first post :p), and I'll lock this one so discussions are limited to your new thread... BUT it depends on what you want to do. I'll be waiting for your answer!

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
The MU thread is going to be an export + summary thread. I'll go create a new thread and we'll just steal all the good info (and relevant, not outdated) from this one's OP.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
The MU thread is going to be an export + summary thread. I'll go create a new thread and we'll just steal all the good info (and relevant, not outdated) from this one's OP.
Perfect! Just let me know through PM, VM or even right here in the Kirby boards) when you want the thread closed, and I will close it. There's no reason to do so right now. Then I'll unsticky this one and put yours up here.

I really hope you keep updating! For some mysterious reason, this thread has had like 5 people in charge of it and everyone has stopped updating like 2-3 months after being appointed. You don't need to follow the format MK26 created back then (was it him? Or was it A1?) when the first thread was up for making summaries, by the way. You, as the new person in charge, will handle everything as you see fit. We'll just be there to criticize and laugh at you behind your back help you out with whatever needs you have as your enemies fellow Kirby community friends!

I'd love it if no one posted here, and instead posted in the new thread if they have something to say. Of course, remember that the exports will be where we make the discussions! So in the MU thread, talk about general MU stuff... let's keep it organized so the new players don't have as hard of a time as they did in this thread! ;D

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I don't particularly like the idea of exports because they clog the board (~40 different dead threads at the end? D: ), but it's already been decided.

Posting something in the new thread.
It's OK if they clog the board, they eventually get pushed off the first page by newer topics. It's a very nice way of keeping all the info in a single easy-to-access thread where we don't mix it up with some other random MU discussion. General MU stuff (like people asking "when will Pit be discussed?") can go on the main MU thread, and from there be directed by the completed MU discussions' links.

I find it very organized, and it definitely helps newcomers find the stuff faster.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I'd rather have the boards clogged up with those than all the other dead threads we have right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom