• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So Jumpman the European MK player asked me to play on Wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
He asks me over a chat thingy that turkeywonder created if I wanted to play some friendlies. I told him sure why not. I told him that I don't even play online since it screws with my buffering. Anyways, he insists on playing me saying that it's just friendlies and that he's not gonna brag about it at all. I think to myself "hey this guy seems pretty cool. Why not? It's been a while since i last played online."

Anyways first game, he goes snake and i go wolf. I get him to 120%, but while recovering, I press side B and I go underneath the stage at 70%.

O_O

I didn't think the lag was this much, but anyways I decide to myself I might as well start every side B or up B early and make sure I get back onto the stage so i don't just keep killing myself. Anyways the game continues and I end up beating his snake anyways despite my SD.

We keep playing and I'm having a lot of fun. He wins a game with snake and wins a wolf ditto as well. I start playing a variety of characters and continue to beat him 95% of the time. Even my roomate (Edubz) who kind of plays wolf beats him with wolf/snake.

There was times when I just constantly jumpshined->airdodge->jumpshine over and over again and he didn't hit me for a whole minute. Me and my friend was cracking up.

I think this made him angry and so after losing to me for the 1000th time, he goes back to the chat room and posts this while I went to get something to eat:

Jumpman01: You do stuff you aren't supposed to =/
Jumpman01: I'm not surprised you were 49th at apex
Jumpman01: You kept jumping back onto the stage
Jumpman01: Never do that stuff
Jumpman01: NEver
Seagullman: against mk?
Jumpman01: Any character
Jumpman01: Lol
Jumpman01: They'll predict it and punish it for you
Seagullman: jj is best wolf in the u.s.
Jumpman01: And he sucks
Jumpman01: Sorry everyone
Seagullman: no he doesnt
Jumpman01: If I crushed your hopes
Seagullman: he never plays online
Jumpman01: I'm convinced JJ isn't good
Jumpman01: He knows how to use moves
Jumpman01: and he does it really wel
Jumpman01: Extermely well
Jumpman01: I can post the longest post ever to make clear Castor sucks
Jumpman01: JJ isn't that good
Jumpman01: Compared to the good players
Jumpman01: He spot dodges way too much etc.
Jumpman01: I can confirm Gaki is the best wolf in the world
Jumpman01: By far
Jumpman01: He's WOlf main, best european player
Seagullman: u.s. brawlers>europe
Jumpman01: nope
Jumpman01: Lol
Jumpman01: How come I can see everything JJ does wrong then? ^^
Seagullman: heck if i know
Seagullman: who won the matches?
Jumpman01: He did,
Jumpman01: I beat him in Wolf dittos though //JJ Edit- yeah 1 time and I lose in online Wolf dittoes all the time
Jumpman01: And beat him with snake //JJ Edit- 1 time... don't know why he would brag about it since i 2 stocked him every other time
Jumpman01: without the use of nades

And ALL this time I thot this was just for fun. Didn't think I'd be judged like that lololol.

I've lost respect for you jumpman. I hope other europeans are more mature than you.

**Edit**

PS: This is why I hate playing online. People are ********

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Ah yes, of course. I gave you advice and you didn't accept it "because it's wifi". You did a lot of things wrong, and I now know why you got 49th at APEX. It's that simple. And like I said, you do some things well. And you edited out some stuff. Please. (No idea you respect for me, never spoken to you anyway).

I wasn't judging you, I did that when I watched your vids, just wanted to know if you really played like that or if it were the vids. But I already knew you weren't as good as I hoped. And like I said later in this conversation:"you're nowhere near national level". Same with me though. And ****, you play like an idiot online. Camping with all characters. Lasers, Aura Sphere's, these were "friendlies" dude. Wow, I can understand why Americans don't like Brawl. xD Camping me when I'm almost beating you with CF. Wow. Amazing.

Didn't know you were this emotional. Making a whole thread for me just because I insulted you (it's true though). But! There's nothing like bad publicity.

Edit: Jumpshining huh, against CF. WOOOOW, you impressed me. Oh by the way, I almost beat you that match. Oh lol, I wasn't angry. Every single Dutch player knows I completely suck online because of my style. I know what I am capable of (and of what you aren't).

And YOU were playing a variety of characters? Do you mean Snake, MK and Wolf? Even though I played at least 15 different characters during our matches? Including CF and JigglyPuff? But you're right, I was mad because I lost... > : (

castorpollux

Smash Champion
yeah national in europe is clearly not national in the US.

You wouldn't even place in locals =P

**edit**

yeah jumpshining/airdodging over and over again against ur captain falcon LOL. I wanted to see if u can even hit me which you didn't for a whole minute. Yes you almost won but I didn't think u were taking our matches as seriously as u apparently were.

I for one was just screwing around.

Btw, you getting 2nd at a big european tournament makes me question if my regional tournaments are harder than the european nationals. Oh wait I already know they are

Dv8tor

Smash Journeyman
The problem, Jumpman, is that you have no right to judge anyone. Saying someone sucks and they're not ready for national is judging. You also said it yourself, it's friendlies, stop being a know it all elitist. Oh wait, that's your title, guess you're just a jerk then.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Of course I wouldn't. That's why I know exactly what you did wrong right? Oh and nvm those Gaki vids, he sucks anyway. You'd **** that guy. Because you're too good. You're amazing, so amazing I beat you in dittos. I have no idea how I would place in locals in the US, but I DO know you don't :)

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
The problem, Jumpman, is that you have no right to judge anyone. Saying someone sucks and they're not ready for national is judging. You also said it yourself, it's friendlies, stop being a know it all elitist. Oh wait, that's your title, guess you're just a jerk then.
I have no rights? No free america? :( And I wasn't saying I'm better. He clearly beat me. But after comparing him to other European players I know I can't say he's good. Especially if the US scene is stronger than the European scene.

Sorry for the double post, but I didn't know I wasn't allowed to let people know what I think. Oh wait censored*

yeah jumpshining/airdodging over and over again against ur captain falcon LOL. I wanted to see if u can even hit me which you didn't for a whole minute. Yes you almost won but I didn't think u were taking our matches as seriously as u apparently were.

I for one was just screwing around.

Btw, you getting 2nd at a big european tournament makes me question if my regional tournaments are harder than the european nationals. Oh wait I already know they are
Yeah, screwing around with camping and stuff, against CF. How "fun" is that? I placed second at a national tournament, and many people doubt if the brackets were fair.

I wasn't taking our matches seriously, but ****. Camping in unserious, "fun", online matches? How low can you go?

Dv8tor

Smash Journeyman
Don't be so literal, you're just proving what I said.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Of course I wouldn't. That's why I know exactly what you did wrong right? Oh and nvm those Gaki vids, he sucks anyway. You'd **** that guy. Because you're too good. You're amazing, so amazing I beat you in dittos. I have no idea how I would place in locals in the US, but I DO know you don't :)

LOL yeah everyone beats me in wolf dittoes online. Arcpoint did when I last played on wifi 7 months ago.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
LOL yeah everyone beats me in wolf dittoes online. Arcpoint did when I last played on wifi 7 months ago.
I never said me beating you in ditto's is evidence in any kind of way. Just a fun fact.

Edit: thanks, I needed to up my post count anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom