• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash at the Arcade I. Morehead, KY Sat. July 25th

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
This is the third tournament we've had here at the G3, however a fresh start sounds nice so I went ahead and named the series. Details for the tournament are as follows.

Where:
G3 Arcade and iNet Cafe
146 East Main Street
Morehead KY 40351

When:
Saturday July 25th
Doors will open at 10:30 AM and registration begins at 11:00 AM. Registration will end at 11:45 AM, if you are coming in late you can call me ahead of time and I'll give you some more time, but after so long has passed I cannot and will not buy you more time.

Price:
Venue fee $5.00
Doubles Entry $10.00 per person or $20.00 a team
Singles Entry $10.00

Payout: (Both singles and doubles.)
1st - 55%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 15%

Contact Info:
Xisin (401) 662-3173
Call me if you need anything involving the tournament.
AIM: Xisin14 (If I'm not online type something in there anyway, I'll get back to you.)

Housing:
If you need housing for this post it in the thread, I can open up my apartment for a few people.

General:
We will be doing pools for seeding, if the tournament exceeds 32 people then we will be using pools to cut people out of the bracket.

- NO Alcohol... period.

- NO Illegal substances!

- Please Pick up after yourselves I don't want to be cleaning your mess up after you leave.

- Do Not Deface/Destroy any property of the venue! Treat everything with respect.

- Respect everyone else and there property! I don't want to have to throw anyone out.

- Food will be served at the Venue! So there shouldnt be much of a reason to leave.

- All arcades during this event will be set to free play. So with the venue fee paid you will gain access to that.

General Rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* Life Stealing is allowed (Doubles Only)

* Set team attack to ON (Doubles Only)

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* Iggy's Stupid Rule: You may not pause the match yourself. If you absolutely need to pause, it must be done so at the consent of your opponent.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If both are tied at the end of the match it will be replayed with the same characters, ports and stage 1 stock 2 minute time limit.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

* You are responsible for your own controller (Bring your own) and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by
both parties.

* No show DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set. There should be no excuse for not being there when your match is called because all the food you need is in the venue for you.

* Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

* Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Nope's No BS Rule: By participating in this tournament you give the Tournament Operator and their affiliates the right to film, photograph and record your name, nickname, pseudonym, persona, picture, biographical material, voice and/or likeness and to use the same in any manner or media in connection with the Event to broadcast, reproduce, distribute and exhibit such photographs and/or recordings, in any manner whatsoever, by any and all means, media, devices, processes and technology now or hereafter known or devised anywhere in the universe at anytime in perpetuity.

Food menu

Hot Dog
Pizza
Sandwich
Various Snack cakes
Powerade
Various Soda
Water

Pricing hasnt been decided yet last i spoke with them however it will be fair and cheap.

Parking:

The lot next to the Arcade is fine to park in. Despite that the sign says 2 hour parking only. The sign is only in effect during the weekdays. Not Saturday or Sunday. Another place to park is at the conference Center. It's next to the U.S Bank and across the street from the municiple building. which you can see from the arcade (three buildings down.) These two lots should be more than sufficient For this event.

Stages:

Stage Striking: Players take turns striking stages from the starter list until only one remains; these stages are not banned and can be counter picked later in the set.

Neutral Stages:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Island
- Smashville
- Lylat Cruise

Counter Picks:
-Pokemon Stadium 1
-Battleship Halberd
-Luigi's Mansion
-Delfino Plaza
-Pirate Ship
-Norfair
-Frigate Orpheon
-Pokemon Stadium 2
-Castle Siege
-PictoChat
-Jungle Japes
-Rainbow Cruise
-Brinstar

Everything else is banned

Attending:
1. Xisin
2. Mister Eric
3. -Hilt-
4. Calic
5. Cr4sh
6. Zero
7. Paranormal Sin
8. ShadoBot
9. MetaFlair
10. Kurri
11. Tactical
12. Not_Corey (Sugartastic)
13. FailproofFrank
14. Harbringer
15. Wangston
16. WooD
17. Nope
18. Fonz
19. Capem
20. Y.b.M
21. Infern Angelis
22. Smash 64
23. Lou
24. Overswarm
25. Kel
26. Jkip
27. Doctor X
28. Tyr
29. Shadowphoenix
30. sneakytaco
31. Champ
32. Wakka
33. Mayling
34. Soldier2
35. Bobbu
36. Airborne
37. Oreo

Set Ups:
Xisin
Mister Eric
Paranormal Sin
Hilt
Metaflair
Jkip

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Looking forward to this!
I'll be expecting cincy to make it as well ;D

Let's get this thing hyped!

not_corey

Smash Cadet
WV is coming to this fo sho!

oh, and Xisin, could You do me a favor and put Sugartastic in parenthesis beside my name?

also add WooD to the list :bee:

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
Corneria has been banned by the SBR for a while. Green greens is counter/banned making it at the TO's discretion really. these stages are directly from the circuit championships. I think its a good list and i dont think green greens should be on any list. I feel that the blocks causes too much bs from Sds. Another factor in me not having this stage is randomly exploding due to a bomb block spawning on you. Finally there is a bomb wall glitch on this stage, while I have never seen this happen before it is a possiblity (sometimes the bricks will explode and leave an permanant explosion hit box and its invisible.) This gives the stage a random factor, more random than most and making me think it is a bad stage. The stage list is alot more liberal than my usual lists however. (see Japes, Pirate Ship, and Norfair.)

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
also put me down for a full setup. 19" tv with brawl and wii, also bringing extension cords just incase. may need housing, will have sleeping bag and pillow so no need to supply anything for me. worst come to worst, i sleep in the car i came in

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Hilt is a vampire, he sleeps during the day and is awake at night...seriously you always post like in the at 3 or 4 am hilt lol

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Yay.....July 25th...Looks like I can Request off for this day in advance to come to this tournament...Super Cool....Looks Like The God Kais Will be in Attendance....Ummm I will need a partner for this as well....Someone good..no scrub

Count

Smash Champion
YbM I'd team if you want but if you wanted a better partner that'd be understandable as well. I think diddy and kirby could work though. I'd be more likely to go if we were teaming also. If not, no big deal.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
YbM I'd team if you want but if you wanted a better partner that'd be understandable as well. I think diddy and kirby could work though. I'd be more likely to go if we were teaming also. If not, no big deal.
That doesn't sound like a bad Idea actually....I'm not sure what will happen between now and July 25th but I could have a partner by then....But Me and you teaming does sound interesting I'll make sure to keep that in mind....and you should come anyway....it's super fun there...

Count

Smash Champion
Sounds good just keep me updated, but I think diddy and kirby could own. For some reason I do really well at holding stocks in doubles, I have no idea why :O. But yeah keep me updated, and I'll keep you updated about whether or not I go.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Sounds good just keep me updated, but I think diddy and kirby could own. For some reason I do really well at holding stocks in doubles, I have no idea why :O. But yeah keep me updated, and I'll keep you updated about whether or not I go.
Alright Man...I'll keep you updated Fo SHO!!

Count

Smash Champion
Holy crapppp just mapquestd this and its 5+ hours. Ughhhh still might go but less likely now =/. I thought it was quite close to Louisville which is 3 hours for me.

Kel

Smash Master
..........your back?
lol I thought you were trying to make a sexual reference. Ed, there is a difference between you are and your. 'You're' is a contraction of you and are to make 'you're'. In spoken English we often don't differentiate between the two because the whole point of a contraction is to reduce syllables. However, in writing, knowing the differences can change the sentence's meaning completely. Hence, I thought you were talking about me getting rides on MY back (possessive), rather than me BEING back. Of which I'm not, btw.

And I'll try to go to this. I'll be jetlagged out the *** and completely out of practice but I'd love to see everyone. I'll just be in need of a ride down there <3.

smash64

Smash Champion
lol I thought you were trying to make a sexual reference. Ed, there is a difference between you are and your. 'You're' is a contraction of you and are to make 'you're'. In spoken English we often don't differentiate between the two because the whole point of a contraction is to reduce syllables. However, in writing, knowing the differences can change the sentence's meaning completely. Hence, I thought you were talking about me getting rides on MY back (possessive), rather than me BEING back. Of which I'm not, btw.

And I'll try to go to this. I'll be jetlagged out the *** and completely out of practice but I'd love to see everyone. I'll just be in need of a ride down there <3.
i did mean it like that...

Top Bottom