• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom Gecko OS Backgrounds

Gravyguy101

Smash Cadet
Hello and welcome the The Gecko Background thread, As you may or may not know Gecko 1.8 allows for custom backgrounds to used as oppose to the default one. So I had this crazy idea(okay not crazy but bored and I have photoshop)

Lets make some custom backgrounds

Okay so some tech requirements.
  • Must be 640x480
  • Must be a .png 24 file
  • Be better if it had something to do with Brawl
  • Try to incorporate the Gecko Symbol or its creators names into it(IE "brawl+ powered by gecko"

Also if you want to test it out you have to name the file background.png and place it on the ROOT of your SD card

Lets start it off with this one, its a very simple one but just to get the ball rolling
gravyguy101:

Get cracking I know you can do better then that, if you don't have photoshop try using GIMP

Submissions:

Daakun:

KRDSonic:

Frozen Popo:

Zephynereus:

Zephron

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
could you post a pic of how it looks like in the program? does it appear as the border or the black background? instructions on how to install might be nice as well...

FSLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FSLink
could you post a pic of how it looks like in the program? does it appear as the border or the black background? instructions on how to install might be nice as well...
...? It pretty much looks as is except with "Load Game" and such on Gecko OS over it. Though it was a bit cut off on my screen and I had to edit it. Instructions is in the first post dude.
Also if you want to test it out you have to name the file background.png and place it on the ROOT of your SD card

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
this is just my temporary one till i can find a pic that doesn't hide the text (i resized the image.):

EDIT'D

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I'll try editing my current one in GIMP to put Brawl somewhere in it, and a gecko.

Edit: I'm not all that good with editing pictures and stuff, but I added in Gecko OS at least.

Gazoinks

Smash Cadet

Made by yours truly. The only problem is that it's hard to see the text on the background.

Sph34r

Smash Journeyman
Someone should make a background of Francis (not from L4D, the lizard from paper mario) sucking in Metaknight with his tongue on a bitlands background. That would be awesome.

darkfire823

Smash Rookie
Assualt Arwing

Im having trouble with this pic. I did everything correctly, I just don't know why the picture is loading into mah gecko I have version 1.9.2 if it matters. also, Im pritty sure its a png 24 file, but is here a converter or some other way to make sure? help.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Whenever you take a normal Brawl snapshot, the size is 640x480, aka background size. You still have to convert to .png, but still.

Teh Future

Smash Master
So this isn't working for me, any ideas? Im using Gecko 1.9 and I saved the PNG image to the root of my SD card and renamed it backround.png

:(

Top Bottom