• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

July 4th - Vancouver, BC Canada Tournament! - Feat. Zhu! + Top BC Smashers!

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Vancouver BC Canada

MELEE ONLY!

This tournament will be hosted at my house unless someone can find a community center or somewhere better but as for now its here.
It will be our last tourney before Genesis! So be there!
Players expected to be there are Zhu, dieslow, Blunted_Object10, Noobking, Hitsugaya and many more!

This will be at my house for the time being.
7507 Elliott Street
Vancouver British Columbia Canada

Feel free to add me to msn or aim if you have any questions.
MSN: John_Mach55[at]hotmail[dot]com
aim: Valest88

Entry Fee

Singles: $15 (60/30/10)
Doubles: $10 Per Player ($20 per team) (70/30)
Falcon Onry: $5 (70/30 Payout)

Schedule:

10am - 12 noon - Friendlies and registration.
12 noon - 2pm - Doubles
2pm - 6pm - Singles Pools + Brackets.
6pm - whenever - Friendlies and possibly Falcon Onry tourney.

B.C. Gameplay Rules:

Singles: Generally double elimination. Round-robin pools may determine seeding. Pot will be divided 60/30/10 for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, respectively.

Lives: 4 stock per match
Time Limit: 8:00 minutes. Higher stock/lower percent determines the winner if time runs out. If exact stock-% draw at the end of match, another 1 stock match is played to determine winner.
Items: Absolutely off.
Matches Per Set: Best 2 out of 3. Winners’ finals, Losers’ finals, and Grand Finals played best 3 out of 5.
Set Style: Advanced slobs. First match is random stage. The loser chooses the stage for the following match. The winner then chooses his character for said match. Following this, the loser gets to counterpick their character, and the match is played.
Blind Picks: If players cannot agree on a match-up to play their first match, a 3rd party may be called in. Both players secretly tell the 3rd party which character they will use, and they are forced to use that character. This allows for no possibility for character counter-picks on the first match.
Stage deletion: A player will be able to ban 1 stage of their choosing before a match if they choose to do so. If they do not wish to ban the other player may STILL ban a stage if they want.
Dave’s Stupid Rule: While counter-picking a stage, a player may not select the stage on which he last won.
Random Stages: Yoshi’s Story, Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, Final Destination, and Dreamland are the stages selectable by random.
Banned Stages: A player cannot counterpick stage with Hyrule Temple, Venom, Fourside, Great Bay, Yoshi’s Island, Brinstar Depths, Onett, Flatzone, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom I, and Mushroom Kingdom II. All other stages are playable.
Dumb Stages: The above banned stages may be played if both players agree.
Stage Reset: For the first match of the set both player may reset the random stage selection once if they choose to do so. For example first game randoms FD and Player A resets. They will do another random stage and if it goes to Yoshi's Story Player B may choose to reset or keep the stage.

Doubles:
Generally double elimination. Pot is often divided 70/30 for 1st and 2nd place, respectively. No pools are played.

Lives: 4 stock per player
Time Limit: 8:00 minutes, If exact stock-% draw at the end of match, They will do a 2 stock match on a RANDOM stage.
Items: Absolutely off.
Friendly Fire: On
Life Stealing: Allowed
Matches Per Set: Best 2 out of 3. Winners’ finals, Losers’ finals, and Grand Finals played best 3 out of 5.
Set Style: Advanced slobs. First match is random stage. The losers choose the stage for the following match. The winners then choose their characters for said match. Following this, the losers get to counterpick their characters, and the match is played.
Blind Picks: If players cannot agree on a match-up to play their first match, a 3rd party may be called in. Players secretly tell the 3rd party which characters they will use, and they are forced to use that character. This allows for no possibility for character counter-picks on the first match.
Stage deletion: If players agree, each team may ban 1 stage for the whole set.
Dave’s Stupid Rule: While counter-picking a stage, a team may not select the stage on which they last won.
Random Stages: Yoshi’s Story, Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, Final Destination, and Dreamland are the stages selectable by random.
Banned Stages: A team cannot counterpick stage with Hyrule Temple, Venom, Fourside, Great Bay, Yoshi’s Island, Brinstar Depths, Onett, Flatzone, and Icicle Mountain, MuteCity. All other stages are playable.
Dumb Stages: The above banned stages may be played if both teams agree.

Confirmed Players:

1. Hitsugaya
2. Zhu
3. CowEar
4. dieslow
5. Rampage/Tahsis
6. Patooty
7. Radius86
8. Sion
9. Lib3r4t3
10. Daltsy
11. Rusty Shacklefurd
12. Diakonos
13. Dynamism
14. Byuusan
15. James
16. Blunted_Object10
17. Noobking
18. Meta
19. JulyZerg
20. Bwmat
21. SuperTramp
22. Mr. Legend
23. *My special guest who will remain nameless*
24. Spacefalcon
25. chocolate thunda
26. Vsin
27. Broken HitBox
28. bbqribs
29. rustedfence
30. AIDS
31. liverymen
32. Coud
33. Firestorm
34. turbo_ja
35. The Beef
36. J3ff0
37. Wilfred
38. Gamepro
39. Zm4rf
If WA come ill just let them come.

Unconfirmed:

Zm4rf friends x 2

Will need TV's and Gamecubes/Wii's!
TV:
Hitsugaya x 2
Daltsy x 2
Dynamism x 2
James x 2
Meta x 1
Bwmat x 1

Gamecube/Wii:
Hitsugaya x 2
Tahsis x 1
Lib3r4t3 x 1
Daltsy x 2
Bwmat x 1
Meta x 1

Recording:
Rusty Shacklefurd
Byuusan
Meta

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
Confirm me + 2 of my cousin probably. They just HAPPEN to be here during that time.

Definately confirm me for a recording set, don't confirm me for a Full Melee set, b/c my cousin might not go. (More people = more things to bring :p)

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Count me in. I can bring a set-up if need be.

Edit:// I think Eric and I are teaming.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
If it's all mostly serious players at the tourney then make it $5 I think, or else lots of people wont wanna enter. (falcon only)

Tim_Dalton

Smash Cadet
who does this "diakonos" guy think he is? mm'ing THE SiOn?!?

i hear at tournaments diakonos likes to follow falcos around and send them to losers brackets...

then rigs the rest of brackets to hunt them down, continuing to crush their spirits by outting them in losers xD

BC we must turn on items (on low) and lift heavy boxes around as training prep for THE ZHU

Tim_Dalton

Smash Cadet
tiep i am also down with the Xtreme for shroom training.....................

tiep we have to team at any tournament/smashfest (+you gotta show up) plz... we were supposed to at ubc overture but nuuu you're too good still... discuss

p.s. confirm james + his two tv + 2 setup

Diakonos

Smash Lord
$20... is a lot of money.

Maybe $10, that'll be the most I've ever done for a money match. I'll bring laptop / record / upload cause I'm a ***** and have 500 subscribers =)
Alrighty, $5 or $10 is fine.

Lol whoa that's a lot of subscribers. =]

Zm4rf

Smash Cadet
I'll be gladly put down as an unconfirmed along with like 2 friends.

kthx!!11

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
If anyone can bring power bars or extension cords that would be appreciated
I have like BILLIONS from all my music gear but I'll bring a couple sure. I'll bring the set ups too then daltsy.

OMG OMG OMG OMG
im coming to this, put me as a maybe cuz i gotta ask parents
DEMAND it from them. Asking is for Brawlers. :p

****, i've lost there, i only got 100 subscribers.
Just keep uploading with the skillz you got. You'll catch up! We're BC :D

WA should note that as of June 1st, they need a passport to get into Canada!
Or they could just get molested like us. XD

10$ MM Zhu
you'll win so don't even bring a 10
unless you ****ing suck against weegee
HMMMM?!?!?! DO YA!??!?! ;D

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
32 people max. House cant fit anymore.
Rule number 1 - DO NOT. I repeat DO NOT go into any other rooms besides the washroom, living rooms, and kitchen. I live with 4 other people in the house and I will not tolerate anyone walking into either of their rooms unless invited to do so.

Top Bottom