• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong's Barrels of Matchups~ [MAIN INDEX]

DFEAR

Smash Hero
This will be the Index thread to discuss all current match-ups between the opposing character and Diddy Kong.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

-=CURRENTLY DISCUSSING LUCARIO AND MR GNW=-
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=270190
and
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=270191

ON HOLD:
Peach:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7657549#post7657549

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Individual Character Match-up Threads Listed In Alphabetical Order
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Bowser

Captain Falcon

Diddy Kong

Ratio: 50:50 Neutral

Donkey Kong

Falco

Ratio: 45:55 Slight Disadvantage
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7740948#post7740948

Fox

Ganondorf

Ice Climbers

Ratio: 55:45 Slight Advantage
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=256600

Ike

Jigglypuff

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7686061#post7686061

King Dedede

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=244422

Kirby

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=240437

Link

Lucario

Lucas

Luigi

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7657540#post7657540

Mario

Marth

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=244423

Meta Knight

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=237476

Mr. Game & Watch

Ness

Olimar

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7620233#post7620233

Peach
Ratio:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7657549#post7657549

Pikachu

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=252619

Pit

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=252618

Pokémon Trainer

R.O.B

Samus

Sheik

Snake

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=246769

Sonic

Toon Link

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=256601

Wario

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=240436

Wolf

Yoshi

Zelda

Zero Suit Samus

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7740941#post7740941

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc3qY43O5kw

Get at my Jigglypuff.

This is what I think about the matchup since I in fact main Diddy and Secondary one of the best Jiggs.

* Jiggleypuff -
========================================
Ratio: 45:55 Jigglypuff's Favor
Summary of character: If you thought Kirby and Mk were hard for Diddy, Jigglypuff will be your worst nightmare. In this matchup, Jigglypuff will HARDLY EVER touch the ground. She has the second fastest aerial speed, has 6 jumps, and has the slowest falling speed. She also has this move called Pound where she can attack you on the ground with a huge amount of priority w/o having to worry about getting hit by your bananas. The most banana combos your going to get in this match will be no more than 3 if your lucky when playing a good Jigglypuff. The good thing about this match is that shes the lightest character in the game and you can easily kill her which makes up for not being able to hit with your smash attacks.

Air Game: The ground is your best friend in this match because if Jigglypuff gets you off the stage theres a good chance your screwed regardless off %. Whatever you do stay ABOVE Jigglypuff when she knocks you off. Jigglypuff has a super long sex kick which completely stops your b foward and gaurentee the kill if it hits your rocket barrel .

Ground Game: If at any moment your somehow able to catch her on the ground immediately use your dash attack. Jiggs' ground game is super slow and she can't do **** especially out of your dash attack. Don't let her grab you though because she has some of the most damaging grabs in the game (each do 11% and a pummel does 3% each). Another thing to worry about is her d air, she can quickly jump and hit you with it and you better know how to DI it because if your at high % your going to get hit by rest. At lower %'s she'll mix her dair game up by either grabbing you after it or DI away after to make you do a U smash thinking that she'll try to combo you after it. The d air has diagonal hit boxes and its out there for a long time. Jigglypuff may not have a glide toss but shes very scary when she has a banana in her hands. If you try sheilding the banana she will follow up with pound which if your shield is less than 50% it will break giving Jigglypuff the chance to do a free fsmash or dsmash. If your near the ledge and you are playing against a smart Jigglypuff they will use the d smash and when that thing is charged your sent flying away and downards from the stage and trust me after that you won't be able to recover. Jigglypuff can also follow up with Rest but that dosn't happen much since its to risky. I haven't mentioned this much because it shouldn't be something to worry about but don't forget about rollout. Although Jigglypuff will slip on a nana out of rollout and thowing a naner at her will stop her also if this hits you you will die if your above 60% and thats something you don't want. Jigglypuff can also reverse b the startup in the air so it might look like shes charging towards you but actually shes going to go the opposite way and then hit you after you mis timed your attack or jump. The safest thing to do here is stay in the air the whole time. If she's still charging and your out of jumps quickly fall and then jump again. Don't sheild this because she can turn it 3 to 4 times which will either sheild poke you or break your shield.

What to avoid: Basically being off the stage. Also some Jigglypuffs have masterd this but not many. This is going to be scarey but Jigglypuff can rest out of multi hit combos. Meaning she can rest you out of your Fsmash, U smash, and AAA jab. Never ever use these smashes against them if your at high % and you know your playing a good puff. I wouldn't be surprised if some even tried to trick you by purpously missing a rest just to hit you with rest easier.

What to use: Fair fair fair. It out priorities Jigglypuffs fair and all of her other moves. Of course its going to be much harder for you to time it correctly since you don't have the arieal mobility that Jigglypuff has. But you CAN beat her in the air.

Counter picks: Jigglypuff is bad at stages with short ceilings or stages where she can't gimp you. Bring her to places such as FD, Castle Siege, Halberd, and SV. Jigglypuff on the other hand, has a ton load of cps against you such as Japes, Brinstar, RC, Norfair, Lylat, YI, BF, and Frigate. Don't be afraid of Jigglypuff if she cps' with Delfino, its not THAT good for her and most of the time its very hard for them to hit with rest in the water. You have a dair which will kill them regardless of % and you have a better chance at hitting them with it.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
ty...btw if u guys have any of the other info :3 pls pls pls pls PM IT TO ME!!!! the old matchup stuff is super duper old O_< ill update the rest after work PEACE

Tero.

Smash Champion
Wouldn't it be better do discuss all the MU and then summarize the discussion instead of just adding stuff?
I feel like we should rather do it like all the other character boards.

I'd suggest creating a topic for each MU and use this as an index topic.

I'm not sure if you plan to do something like that, but from what I read it doesn't look like it.

Count

Smash Champion
Donkey Kong is DEFINITELY NOT a disadvantage for diddy kong. At least even, and I think it is a slight advantage for diddy. The only time I lose to donkey kong is if I feel I'm being severely outplayed. I've played against ripple and ook, the top two donkey kongs in the MW. Donkey kong can't handle nanas and combos. I've beaten ripple and I lost to ook 2-1 in an extremely close set. I only lost because by the end of the last game he was reading me like a book.

While donkey kong was at an advantage vs diddy early in brawl's meta game, he no longer has the tools to contend with diddy. I think others will agree with me.

Coyn3Masta

Smash Journeyman
nice dfear =3

once again, ill bring this up >_>

It would be nice if they deleted all of his post's though....

Anyways new chart for you guys to use ;) :yoshi:

Just add in the Title and Numbers yourself. Simple!

Tero.

Smash Champion
Donkey Kong is DEFINITELY NOT a disadvantage for diddy kong. At least even, and I think it is a slight advantage for diddy. The only time I lose to donkey kong is if I feel I'm being severely outplayed. I've played against ripple and ook, the top two donkey kongs in the MW. Donkey kong can't handle nanas and combos. I've beaten ripple and I lost to ook 2-1 in an extremely close set. I only lost because by the end of the last game he was reading me like a book.

While donkey kong was at an advantage vs diddy early in brawl's meta game, he no longer has the tools to contend with diddy. I think others will agree with me.
Secconded.
DK get's forced into offense due to nanas, that's probably the main reason.
Also he's slow, heavy and a big target.
The best thing he has on Diddy is the advantage in kill %, he'll kill us way earlier than we kill him.

And I can't belive anyone could think Jigglypuff has an advantage over Diddy. It's even at best, but I lean more towards 60:40 Diddy.

Count

Smash Champion
I think diddy vs jiggly is even or slightly in jigglypuff's favor, I've played one of the best jigglypuffs (thinkaman) and we went pretty even, but he may've just been a better player than me.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
IMO, Diddy Kong beats DK more than he beats Jigglypuff.

And yes, I don't think you should put any summaries of anything up until the matchups are actually discussed. Use it as a template if you want, just keep it empty, because we haven't discussed any of these matchups recently. As we've seen with Peach and Marth, matchups can change a lot in a short time, so outdated information shouldn't be put in a new matchup thread.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I don't get why we already have matchup things up and why we're discussing them even though the thread isn't done, I thought we were redoing everything.

ADHD

Smash Hero
DK only loses 45-55 to diddy I know this. It's hard to notice until you play a pretty good dk.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Wouldn't it be better do discuss all the MU and then summarize the discussion instead of just adding stuff?
I feel like we should rather do it like all the other character boards.

I'd suggest creating a topic for each MU and use this as an index topic.

I'm not sure if you plan to do something like that, but from what I read it doesn't look like it.
This is what I believe should happen as well.

DFEAR, this is the way I suggested we go about it this time around.
I highly suggest choosing 1 match up (eg. MK) making a thread for discussion, and then adding a link here to that thread for future use/reference.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
nice dfear =3

once again, ill bring this up >_>
i want to use that too and image map it and link each character pic to the individual threads like others have said. jesus its just a template/testing thread o_< nothing serious people seesh just experimenting things. ill be editing this like 100x+ so comeon. and i dont agree with ANY matchup ratios from the old matchup thread i only copy pasta'd from what was already written. i KNOW dk vs diddy is in diddy's favor T_T but it said otherwise same for the rest guys. so come on give me a break im doing this for u guys, in your way. im doing vyse's method and a mix of how others wanted....

edit: DELETE ALL MESSAGES PLS VYSE SO THIS CAN BE CLEANED AND RESERVED FOR FURTHER AND FUTURE USE.

edit2: hope u like the new look. :3

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
No need to delete these posts. It should be left open so that people can talk about the matchup thread itself, or if they just want one small question about a match up answer/talk about multiple characters, etc.

If you wanna get in depth discussion going about a certain match up, just bump the thread!
Maybe a huge discovery is found between MK vs Diddy and it would be cause to bump the thread to reassess the matchup.

EDIT:

Also good **** with the OP.
Mighty fine work.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Holy god that is delicious :d I'd wager we have one of the sexiest Match-Up diagrams of all the boards now. That ****'s awesome :D

I'm really glad we're splitting this into multiple threads; it makes navigating the discussions sooo much easier. Sticky this soon, please; this is great stuff.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Now that looks way better.
Good job.
Then let's start discussion.

TreK

Is "that guy"
awesome OP :o

not going to participate in this week's discution. I know only 2 mk 8D
(yes, Europe scene is the best. no johns :o )

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Wasn't sure where you were going at all at first, and was just kind of shocked that you pulled the rug out from all of us with your abrupt initiative. Still not too sure how I feel about the revisions, but I guess it's all out of my hands now.

This is as blind as my trust gets. =)

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Can you make it so you don't have to scroll horizontally? Other than that it looks good.
Get a bigger screen xD EDIT: Actually, I agree; make the dividers shorter to get rid of some of the width. It is stretching the screen a lot.

So, are we going down the new tier list for the order of discussoins? Perhaps we should start with the universally acknowledged match-ups that are unfavorable for Diddy (Luigi, Marth, Peach, Falco-ish, etc.), and then start moving down the list. That way we can get to Luigi and Peach sooner.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Get a bigger screen xD EDIT: Actually, I agree; make the dividers shorter to get rid of some of the width. It is stretching the screen a lot.

So, are we going down the new tier list for the order of discussoins? Perhaps we should start with the universally acknowledged match-ups that are unfavorable for Diddy (Luigi, Marth, Peach, Falco-ish, etc.), and then start moving down the list. That way we can get to Luigi and Peach sooner.
Yes, I actually wanted to avoid well-known, beaten-to-death match-ups like Meta Knight and Snake probably until after the summer season was over so we can navigate and dissect rarer, more obscure, or more questionable match-ups that have been popping up recently. Participation is currently lacking in the MK discussion right now because...well, it's kind of boring to talk about since we've been talking about him for a year now.

I had a very specific template in mind for the timing of the discussions and character selections, but this is no longer my project. The only thing that's lacking in your vision is that it is more focused on presentation than it is about galvanizing discussion. Let's see if we can get the ball rolling more effectively.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Yes, I actually wanted to avoid well-known, beaten-to-death match-ups like Meta Knight and Snake probably until after the summer season was over so we can navigate and dissect rarer, more obscure, or more questionable match-ups that have been popping up recently. Participation is currently lacking in the MK discussion right now because...well, it's kind of boring to talk about since we've been talking about him for a year now.

I had a very specific template in mind for the timing of the discussions and character selections, but this is no longer my project. The only thing that's lacking in your vision is that it is more focused on presentation than it is about galvanizing discussion. Let's see if we can get the ball rolling more effectively.
I like this, but wouldn't it help us then if you showed us the template...
I don't think we should necessarily spend a week on each discussion. Maybe we could have it go on for a week or two but start another discussion while this one is going. Also, has anyone posted this in the Meta Knight boards? I'd like to get some of their feedback. If no one has I can. :)

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I like this, but wouldn't it help us then if you showed us the template...
I don't think we should necessarily spend a week on each discussion. Maybe we could have it go on for a week or two but start another discussion while this one is going. Also, has anyone posted this in the Meta Knight boards? I'd like to get some of their feedback. If no one has I can. :)
Go for it.

Yes, it would take a long time for us to do week-long discussions, but I think they'd be justified for the match-ups widely regarded as Diddy's hardest (and maybe not so much for the others). As for Meat Knight, we've beaten his discussion to death already (see what I did thar?).

DFEAR

Smash Hero
imma change the characters every 3 days? is that enough? im changing chars now metaknight is obvious.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
You guys should discuss two characters at once to finish things much faster.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
imma change the characters every 3 days? is that enough? im changing chars now metaknight is obvious.
3-4 days sounds fine but I don't think you should shut down the Meta Knight discussion. Just run two at once and shut down the Meta Knight one when you start the third discussion.
That's just personal opinion though.

You guys should discuss two characters at once to finish things much faster.
Speed isn't everything.

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
You should make a short matchup summary once you close each matchup thread if you're not already planning to do that. That way you don't have to sort through threads to find the info you need. Something including the basic matcup strategies, advantages, disadvantages, and useful information would be good.

Top Bottom