• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tuscaloosa Competitive Smash #5 Results

Wine

Smash Cadet
(t1j on nu's account)

Thanks to all that showed up. Another fun tournament in the books.

Doubles (10 entrants):

1. Gigantic + Fast (Big Lou and Zom~B) $120
2. Wait, Pokémon Regionals Are in Tennessee? (Will_ and George) $60
3. Law and Metaknight: Special Victims Unit (moogle and munkus) $20
4. Mr. Sandman (elev8 and nu)
5. Monkey Fighting Snakes on a Monday to Friday Plane (winnar and theONEjanitor)
5. Texas DI (shaSlam and Zigsta)
7. Nothing Cheap about This Team (Cheap and Duchock)
7. Don't Kill The Mouse! (Cam and Majist)
9. The Nick Boys (Mr. Referee and Azu)
9. You can't Pick Up chicks in a Wii (Ryker and M3T)

$5 Random Tournament (24 entrants)
1. Biglou $70
2. elev8 $35
3. nice1 $15
4. George
5. theONEjanitor
5. moogle
7. aloha
7. Will_
9. Kalm
9. ShaSLAM
9. Ryker
9. Winnar
13. Zom~B
13. M3T
13. munkus
13. The Brown Scourge
17. Zigsta
17. General Mills
17. Azu
17. Majist
17. Cam
17. Duchock
17. Mr. Referee

Singles (26 entrants)
1. Biglou (Luigi/Snake) $155
2. Will_ (DK) $65
3. George (Kirby) $25
4. Zom~B (R.O.B.) $15
5. elev8 (Dedede/Diddy)
5. munkus (MK)
7. The Brown Scourge (Bowser)
7. nice1 (Snake)
9. Cam
9. nu
9. theONEjanitor
9. moogle
13. ShaSLAM
13. Majist
13. Cheap
13. Winnar

Everyone else eliminated in pools.

Shoutouts later.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
here are my shoutouts

shoutout to God (aka brown scourge) for being GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ATTN SMASHERS EVERYWHERE

EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED!
WE KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THIS GAME!

brown scourge is the messiah... and we are his disciples... lowly lowly disciples...

edit: ill make real shoutouts later.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
I just want to point out how competitive this tournament was compared to others we have had in the past. Also, Shoutouts:

Brown Scourge: You have a fan club now. I have no doubt if you keep competing like this, the PR will need to be updated.

Munkus Beaver: Sorry you got sick on the way back. Good job in the tournament though. Also, thank you for avenging me and Moogle.

Moogle: Thanks for driving down. With all of that horrible weather, I would not have been comfortable doing so myself. Also, I really enjoyed watching your matches with Zom~B near the end. You find the coolest ways to just sneak in those usmashes.

Will: Good job getting 2nd! I didn't see many of your matches, but good job anyhow. 2nd place is nothing to bat an eye at.

Elev8: Sooo close. I thought I had command of that 2nd match, but I messed up the spacing on the D3 fsmash. I watched you wreck people all night though. I was rooting for you. Good stuff.

Nice1: Very close matches. I must say, I thought I had you before you snuck in that Snake utilt.

T1J: Thanks for hosting another awesome tournament. I saw you facing BigLou in friendlies near the end. I could barely touch his snake, so I was really impressed on how well you handled him.

Kalm: Good matches. Sorry you didn't make it out of pools.

ShaSlam: I'm serious, Wario scares me to death. I was more nervous against you than any other match I played. I went in thinking I was going to lose. Still, they were close matches, and good job on the tournament the night before.

Majist: Thanks for teaming with me. It was a lot of fun, and I think our teamwork was pretty good actually. I want to see that team match we had against the snakes. I also need to stop running into Ike fsmashes. Lol.

BigLou: I've never seen a Snake that good. I think my jaw dropped when I saw your matches with Will's Metaknight.

Zom~B: Amazing ROB. What else can I say?

Cheap: Your matches with Munkus were sooo fun to watch and very close too. I thought you had him on Japes.

Winnar: Muchas gracias for saving all of those matches on your computer. Also, the funniest moment of the night was when you screamed at Brown Scourge's match with Munkus "Get that weak **** out of here!" At first, I thought it was Munkus screaming at Brown Scourge, but it was incredibly funny.

Ryker: Nice Falco man. I'd just work on being less predictable with forward B.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I took some yummy pain meds once I got home and everything was fine!

Will_

Smash Journeyman
I like letting my body heal naturally. It makes me feel like I'm a badass or something.

Winnar I can't stress enough how much I want the vids from this.

I'll post shoutouts soon.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
i would have come to this had pokemon regionals not been the same day. Sneaky sneaky nintendo. I took some pics of Gigantic pokemon and some videos of reflex dancing with them.

DRK

Smash Rookie
i would have come to this had pokemon regionals not been the same day. Sneaky sneaky nintendo. I took some pics of Gigantic pokemon and some videos of reflex dancing with them.
I would like to see said pics. :bee:

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
here are my shout outs.

nice1: it was cool riding with you and everything like that ya know? haha

Kalm: sorry about your pool and how you reacted to it. i wish you could have stayed longer and i hope you dont have to move or drop out of the tournament scene.

Zomb: its not that i dont like you as a person. i think youre really cool. i just dont like facing you in brackets cuz ill lose lol. thats why i was happy when you said you may not go to game galaxy. mabey one day we wont matched up so soon in brackets and ill get to face you in semi finals or something instead lol

Munkus: for showing me the type of person i dont want to become. a sore loser and spammer who constantly talks about how bad other people are and puts them down and trys to make them feel bad and constantly makes excuses for spamming... even thought thats really your playstyle... and ive never seen you do anything else. tourneys are more fun if youre not there.

Pika Cam: for letting me call you pika cam and the really great bracekt match. i underestimated you and lost straight up.

BROWN SCORUGE! for showing me how fun this game really can be. and just making my night a whole lot better just by watching your matches. youve really actually changed my outlook and brawl and made me more optimistic twords the game.

NU: for down tilting me irl

George: ummm i like waving to you. and youre kirby is too good. i doubt ill ever beat it. kirby and rob are my two worst matchups. i need to work on them.

Biglou: i wanted to play you so bad man! and no offense but i think you kinda look like luigi. which is awesome.

Zigasta: for being awesome and my most fun matches and the most fun partner i could have found.

Winnar: ya know...

Janitor: for noticing my dash dancing and mad melee skills.

Duchok: for being a pretty cool fella

elev8: for the DDD training.

aloha: for being crunk as hell

ref and his friend: for being ref and his friend

moogle: for the fox advice. i think that was the first time we had played.

will_: im sorry if i messed you up and made you lose your pool match against scourge. :(

i may have left out people so im sorry. but thats it for now :D

Wine

Smash Cadet
theonejanitor'ss shoutouts

winnar: thanks for teaming with me. dedede and rob is just really hard for two snakes. edgeguard city. I would like to see the vids of us vs. will and george. we did pretty well.

nice1: as always you kept in lively in there. next time let me know when you're coming to a tourney and then we can team...you're like twice as good as you were at my last tournament. thanks to you and elev8 i'm probably moving down the ranks :-P

elev8: you officially need to move up the PR list. i didn't realize that you were such a beast. good stuff in random...and I think i'm just gonna have to work on snake vs. dedede so im gonna be asking for friendlies

shaslam: even though you didn't make it far in brackets, you did really well in pools, and that's the kind of showing you need to keep making. i'm a believer now. esp. after you whupped me at the apt. be careful with all the spotdodging though...i know i didn't punish you for it when we played...but still :-P

ryker: sorry i had to do gay rob stuff on japes. PPL, DON'T PICK JAPES PLZ. also i agree with the above comment...your falco is tough...until you start forward b'ing...then you get snake f-smashed.

will: good stuff getting second...i thought you had it there for min. i got mad lucky in randoms :-P

george: beasting as always. Beat will some times geez

Biglou: we should do more snake dittos. you're just an incredibly smart player...i don't really even know what to do against you. thanks for coming and ****** my tournament

Zom~B: sweet rob. japes was the perfect CP...because my strat is to go ROB when people cp japes and do ROB stuff...but its hard to do ROB stuff against another ROB :-P

Cheap: learn to fight snake and metaknight. or just get luckier in brackets. beastly peach anyway. you do peach stuff that I didn't know you could do. i might have to get some peach tips from you

Majist and Cam: You guys were a really tough team...you had surprisingly good teamwork. good stuff.

nu: pleasure as always...good job in doubles.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Munkus: for showing me the type of person i dont want to become. a sore loser and spammer who constantly talks about how bad other people are and puts them down and trys to make them feel bad and constantly makes excuses for spamming... even thought thats really your playstyle... and ive never seen you do anything else. tourneys are more fun if youre not there.
I disagree with everything in this post.

Man I was constantly talking about how this tourney was "The Tuscaloosa Gimp Fest" because matches were constantly decided by gimps. Elev8 and Nu proooooobably should have beaten Moogle and I. We had a snowball's chance in a very warm place, then a crazy buggering stage spike. Big Lou had an insane misfire that killed me during a reverse shuttle loop off the side of the stage.

No idea what climbed up your butt and laid this sour egg.

Shoutouts to the people I don't see that often:

Nice1: I'll beat your curly mustache next tourney. Great matches in friendlies/pools. I'm gonna have to get some snake practice in so I can be better fit next time around. LET ME COUNTERPICK NORFAIR, SON

Elev8: Dear God in heaven you make me cry. I don't want you to pick a main because then we will all be destroyed. Lord, a man that can make yoshi do that nonsense is a man with a beast in his soul. I'm going to have to really learn matchups and a little something people are calling "spacing" to take you on. Oh, I reported your Diddy to the authorities so don't be alarmed when he's arrested for **** and sodomy.

Nu: I was thanking our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for that stage spike. You're a cool duder and a good ROB.

CheapPeach: I have never seen a peach do that. You were really good, but you relied heavily on that wall of turnips. On norfair and against the nado, it hurt you. You're an exceptional player with amazing defensive capabilities, but you need a backup plan for when the strategy goes pearshaped.

BigLou: That misfire left irreparable emotional scars. It really made me feel good that you brought out the snake, stage or not. At least then I was feeling like a legitimate threat to your throne. Amazing matches against Will at the end, btw. Will had you at the start, but that total come from behind match on FD...Amazing. Some of the best brawl matches I have yet witnessed. Never seen someone use C4 so effectively.

T1J: I didn't see much of you during the tourney, and I'm sad for that. I really wanted to try my hand against your snake in 1v1 to see how far we have both progressed, which brings me to

George: You are better than me in ways I cannot even begin to describe. You punished the downsmash after a glide attack during the downsmash. How is that even possible. It isn't. You hide gremlins in your beard and I am on to your black magic.

Zom~B: You beating me was total karma for my fight against the brown scourge. You handed me my *** with pure justice.

The Brown Scourge: Bowser is...good? My secondary lost to Bowser earlier that day in the random tourney, you took out Andy and Cam, I knew from the start that you were serious business. That 'nado trick won't work on you next time, I know. I remember you from the first VulcanGameBox that I went to, and I've never seen someone improve that much while sticking with a low tier character. I'm gonna have to figure out how to get around your shield -> fortress attacks. Show up to some more tournies, I hope that one day I'll get a legitimate win against you.

Georgia: You guys come to more of our tourneys! I will travel to Georgia now that I am not in full stress condition mode from being a 1L student. I will also now actually have time to play the darned game so, hopefully, I'll be a challenge and warrant a snake from all of you!.

Mr. Referee

Smash Cadet
A pretty good tourney if I do say so myself. lol I'm sure I didn't impress anybody there but then again I don't really consider myself a good competitive player anymore. I was just there to have fun and didn't really care that I got mostly destroyed. Doubles was really fun and random was pretty fun but I found myself really bored of Brawl before pools started. But just as I was getting tired and bored I found Melee and it picked me back up again. I think playing Melee in that little corner of the room was the best part of the day for me. I truly thank you Cheap for having that setup there cause without it, the day would've been less interesting. And everybody missed that crazy Melee combo because there just happened to be a final match going on right beside us but I was playing Azu and I had Luigi and he had Roy and we were just playing around on Fourside. We were on the left side of the stage and he had a high damage percentage then I grabbed him and back threw him into the main building. He bounced back directly into me and I fire jump punched him. We were both just speechless because even I didn't think it would work but I tried it anyway. And that was the last Melee match anyone played that night. lol

Shout outs:

Nice1 and Winnar: for both being so hilarious and keeping me laughing even when I was bored

Moogle: for being so cool and wrecking me in Melee

Cheap and Cam: for also being such cool guys and also for the Melee setup Cheap! And for showing me that I truly know very little about both the Pikachu and Peach match ups.

Scourge: for always taking me out of the side tourneys. lol Two tourneys in a row! And the fact that you got so far using Bowser is nothing less than inspiring.

Nu: for that crazy combo you got me with in pools. I have to give you respect for that even though it was BS cause it wouldn't have happened without that trip to set it up. And for showing me how annoying ROB is. lol I had to fight so many ROBs that day. I wanted to fight your Lucas but you only went ROB. Maybe some other time...

Janitor: for having another fine tourney as always. Fun random matches though I did feel for you getting Lucas in that first match though you got me back when I got him in the next match. lol I really wanted to face you in singles for some reason even though I know I would get destroyed.

Biglou: the other person I really wanted to face and get destroyed by cause you are me hero with Luigi. lol Epic grand final matches and really nice stuff.

Elev8: you are a really cool guy and beastly with D3. I never got a chance to see or play your Yoshi though I really wanted to so you could show me how it's really done.

Zigsta: really close fun apartment tournament matches. You seem like a really cool guy.

Slam: for still being such a cool guy and driving me and Azu up there. You are really getting good quick! We were once about equal but for you to have completely left me in the dust in so little time is inspiring too!

Will_ and George: for being so crazy good and having really intense final matches. Good stuff!

Kalm: still the crazy funny guy that I remember. Sorry for having a bad time with pools but you're still really good!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
THIS IS elev8

I'm not one to do shout outs, but i saw some great stuff at this fantastic tournament. Everyone in AL is improving :) People who didn't make the PR list (Shaslam, Cheap, Cam, hell even Scourge) to see the fight you guys are putting up against really good players almost brings a tear to my eye :. Keep up the good **** AL we are a force to be reckoned with... I SEE YOU __________ (your name here ;)

Wine

Smash Cadet
THIS IS elev8

I'm not one to do shout outs, but i saw some great stuff at this fantastic tournament. Everyone in AL is improving :) People who didn't make the PR list (Shaslam, Cheap, Cam, hell even Scourge) to see the fight you guys are putting up against really good players almost brings a tear to my eye :. Keep up the good **** AL we are a force to be reckoned with... I SEE YOU __________ (your name here ;)
what about nu :[

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
THIS IS elev8
I just mentioned them because those were ppl that I hadn't seen play and was surprised the most by! We kicked *** in teams and your placing in this tournament is another reason the PR needs to be updated!

Winnar

Smash Lord
SCOURGE!! You are amazing! :D My hero, the champion of TCS5! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise you are the best.

Everyone else - Meh. Try not to pale in comparison next time.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Everyone else - Meh. Try not to pale in comparison next time.
Juuuuuuust kidding :D

Shout outz fo re-aaaaaal :O

Scourge - See above. You're way too good and if it isn't clear by now EVERYONE is rooting for you. I can't wait to see how you improve, next time we play I'll teach you how to get around MK's tornado spam

Munkus - Always good to see someone more outspoken than me, haha. Sooner or later Cheap, Kalm, and Scourge are going to figure out how to get around tornado and shuttle loop spam. In order to get better you have to stop defaulting to those two moves. I had fun doing friendly doubles with you :D Next time I'll try not to expressly go after you XD

Ref - You're so awesome XD Wear that shirt always. We need to play some friendlies next time :O

Kalm - I didn't see you as much as I'd have liked, I hope ****'s going well for you and you can come to more tournaments. You're too much fun to play, having someone who also talks while playing is like the best thing. XD

Moogle - We ALWAYS fight each other in losers. Even more strange is that we ALWAYS take turns winning XD Every tournament we alternate who wins. Frigate Orpheon </3 Even still, win or lose I love to play you Moogle :D It's always extremely challenging and even if I lose I at least got the opportunity to hang out with you some :D

George - You're too cool, before this I hadn't ever really talked to you. I figured you were just a quiet guy but I'm glad we got to hang out this time :) You're totally awesome and of course you're a very smart and talented player. AL > Norcal XD

theONEjanitor - Thank you for hosting TCS5, I love each tournament more than the last. Well, maybe not random tournament so much. ISP side tourney next time? :) Also you're too good in teams, I'm sorry I messed up so much >_< Next time if we try double snake we'll have to practice it a little more.

nu - You are also too cool! As always it was awesome hanging out with you. You and elev8 were **** in teams XD I'll draw you a better nu next time :D

Duchock - I'm glad we got to hang out and I'm glad you drove with us. I'm sorry you felt bad on the way there, I hope it wasn't because of my driving XP Anyway I'm really glad I got to know you better this TCS5, the other ones we never really got a chance to talk but you're a really cool guy with an amazing hat :D Retreating fairs for life! Oh wait did you see my awesome Ness combo on ROB? The replay was saved on George's Wii (or whoever owns the Wii at the apartment) It was maybe even cooler than my epic Toon Link combo.

Azu - You were really quiet but it was a pleasure to meet and play with you :D I hope you go to more tournaments because I think with a little more experience you'll get really good! :D

Elev8 - Again, thank you for not kicking me in the chest. XD You're really cool and a really good player (kind of gaaaaaay though srsly wtf going diddy vs falcon boooooring XD). You're really funny too and regardless of what Reflex says I think you're fun to play with :D

Reflex - Too good, you didn't even come to this tournament and you took 1st. Good ****.

Biglou - Oh wait no that was you who won? Dayumn your snake is sexy. Thanks for the Luigi advice haha Good **** Georgia

Zom~B - Stop trying to steal moogle XD Good **** Georgia

M3T - Too much fun to hang out with. I hope to see you at another tournament soon :O

Ryker - ditto M3T, too fun and I hope to see you again soon

Aloha - We rolled up the windows as soon as you left haha I keep getting really lucky against your Olimar and Fox, but to tell the truth I'm always very nervous about fighting them.

nice1 - Man you are way too funny XD You tell the best stories haha Also you're way good at brawl, I'm glad I never had to go up against you because you would have destroyed me I think.

shaSLAM - Dude you're awesome and you know it. You played fantastically this tournament, seriously second most improved (scourge obviously being #1, but you already knew that). Good **** for real. Way too much fun talking it up and messing up Will_ XD

Cam - Always good to see you at tournaments. I enjoyed our friendlies, I was just super tired at the time so I probably seemed out of it XD Don't kill the mouse!

Majist - It's great to finally meet you and stuff :D You're a cool guy for sure and I hope I see you at more tournaments :O

General Mills - We didn't get to play I don't think, but it's always good to see you :D

Will_ - You're way too good, I feel like every time I play you I learn something new. I always look forward to playing you even though I know I'm not good enough yet to win. Sorry Slam and I were total ***** and messed up your concentration against Scourge haha And for the record the Falcon Machinima you posted was hella tight.

Everyone at the tournament - Good **** everyone, you guys always are awesome and fun to hang out with. Every one of you :D

Everyone at the apartment - Good **** everyone, it was super fun :D

Everyone who owns/lives in the apartment - Thank you so much for letting us crash there. It was really fun getting to know everyone at the smashfest and you're all awesome :D

I hope I didn't miss anyone, but if I did I'm sorry and it's nothing personal (because you know I think you're awesome).

---

Sorry I haven't uploaded anything yet, I'll start working on that today. I just needed a quick break from looking at smash before I dived back into it.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
I never feel like doing shoutouts, but I'll post anyway. Yay for tournaments in Alabama that doesn't result in an accident, car trouble, or unnatural weather patterns. Or a combination of all three for that matter.

I'll get better, eventually. I swear~

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
you know what. i need to play more snakes

cuz I've never been more motivated to improve after this tournament because nice1 and biglou's **** snakes inspire me.

and I'm pretty sure I'm going to do low tier doubles at TCS6 for the next side tourney...so get your teams and characters together. if the tier list is the same by then, only E and F tiers will be allowed, (which i think is the same as before, just without PT) just fyi.

anomaly

Smash Apprentice
(Cheap on Anomaly's account)

Can whoever was recording with the laptop all day please send me those videos.
Also, I can't do shoutouts due to limited time on this computer, I will do later.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
George - ****ing amazing teaming w/ you again. We practically have enough footage for a team combo vid. And wtf your Kirby's got even better. *hums Castlevania II tune*

Andy - Another fun ride, more new songs I like...thanks man. We'll get some SF4 in next time.

Shannon - I can help you with DK anytime. Nice riding up with you.

Lounis - As always good ****. We just took turns beating on each other, unlike the manhandling at BIRD lol.

T1J - Thanks for holding the tournament, good snake as usual. I'm starting to think you were absolutely right about the snake/mk matchup.

Adam - wtf two pikachus? And stop beating my DK. xD

Munkus - Let me help you on the Rob matchup lol. You definitely made the car ride more exciting, and thanks for making me not the only MK there. xD

Winnar - haha it was just a pool match, it's fine. Hype like that makes tournaments worthwhile. Good to fight your snake again, it improved.

Zom~B - I can't believe it took Legendary Professional Smasher Will Underscore this long to figure out ROB Zombie lol. Amazing Rob.

Duchock - Good seeing you again, I hope you feel better at the next tourney.

Nice1 - I'll call you immediately when I get on PSN. Gotta whip up my Fei Long for Final Round.

Cam - I didn't really get to see your pikachu in action this tourney. I'm sure it's stronger by now.

Elev8 - good **** on taking me out winner's bracket in random tourney. Luis probably gave you too much Falcon practice. xD I have a new view on the Pit/MK matchup though.

Zigsta - Nice meeting you, pretty good PT.

Scourge - Rep dat bowser.

Kalm - You'll do better at the next one, I wish you luck with your non-smash related predicaments.

Luis - Forget DK/MK, I'm counterpicking you with lvl 1 smeargles now.

anyone I missed - you guys are tight 'n stuff.

Winnar

Smash Lord
(Cheap on Anomaly's account)

Can whoever was recording with the laptop all day please send me those videos.
Also, I can't do shoutouts due to limited time on this computer, I will do later.
I have all the matches, which ones do you want?

Would you like me to upload them to youtube or email you them?

Top Bottom