• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 17: R.I.P Metaknight= 8-1-09=go to results thread for further info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
HOBO 17 vs TYS 3

HOUSTON's OFFICIAL BRAWL ORDEAL is teaming up with the brand new TEST YOUR SKILLS series presented by AirbrushKing.net! What does this mean for you? This means that there will be more games to choose from when you attend these events! Games that will be included: Super Smash Bros Brawl, Street Fighter 4, Mvc2, Sc4, Melee, HD Remix, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, 3rdStrike and all other retro/future games. The next tournament will feature all of these games so Train up and BE READY for the NEXT TOURNAMENT!!!

Venue: FunPlex

Date/time: August 1st, 2009. Be there by 11am and we start at 1pm(if you are late, there will be an extra 5$ fee bcause i HATE late people).

Address: Fun Plex 13700 Beechnut St. Houston, TX, 77083. If you have problems, call Xyro(409-692-0697) or DeAngelo (281-300-8039)

Address specifics: We are right next to the bowling area(left side of the building). ALL players/spectators/random walk in's MUST obtain a WRIST BAND at the entrance of the smash presidential room. If you DO NOT have a wristband you will be asked to get one and if you refuse, you will be taken out of the venue by police(the cops). Also, we have a slide show of photos depicting the venue: http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/albu...eshow/21913167

HOBO 17 Fees/Events: Entry=7$ wrist band, 1vs1=10$, 2vs2=10$(5$per person). Low Tier(D/E/F tier only) 1vs1=5$
TYS 3 Fees/Events: Entry=7$ wrist band(unless you already have it), SF4=10$, SC4=10$, MVC2=10$, MELEE=10$ (Bring consoles/Gamecube/Wii/Ps3/X360/tv's/controllers)

Track all HOBOs with Twitter: http://twitter.com/HOBO_Series

Updated (7-1-09) Pass out in schools/Spread the word to your friends with this printable flyer-->

Event will be Live streamed on --> http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hobo-17-no-mo-meta AND www.airbrushking.net

Updated (7-1-09) AllIsBrawl link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=6547

!(+_+) Test Your Skills Shop ($_$)!

Test Your Skills Shop will feature customized airbrush gear from AirbrushKing.net. Offering players the latest products to purchase at Funplex & Play N Trade such as airbrushed: VideoGame logos on bags, shirts, pants, anything. Custom price quotes on any material will be available upon request. Bags/Shirt prices start at 25$-up so Please bring extra $$$...

PS:

1. You will not be refunded ANY money under ANY situation.

2. If you have any housing needs, MAKE A POST in this thread AND in the HOUSTON THREAD which can be found at http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=3848961

3. From THIS DAY FORWARD, all HOBO/TYS events will be metaknight banned. So, for all you metaknight mains out there, its time to EARN your wins. Pick a real character!

4. If you need ANYTHING or have questions over things that are not covered in this thread. POST and/or CALL me(leave a message if i dont answer)=409-692-0697

5. PLEASE BRING A FULL SET-UP(wii/tv/ssbb)!!!!!! IN ORDER FOR THIS TO RUN SMOOTHLY WE NEED ALL THE FULL SET-UPS WE CAN GET!!!!!!

PSS:

OOS and OON players confirmed= MikeHaze(cali), Le Thien(oklahoma), Kos-Mos(oklahoma), Quivo(midwest somewhere),Lee Martin(louisiana)

Here is the OOC/OOS turnout thus far.

11 from RGV
10 from dallas
8 from buttmont
7 from san antonio
4 from louisiana
4 from el paso
3 from oklahoma
2 from san angelo
1 from austin
1 from midwest
1 from cali
1 from Venezuela
1 from mexico

i have not added in HOUSTON numbers

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
It's implied in the rules, but nowhere does it officially say that Metaknight is banned.

Might want to clear that up, Xyro; don't want anyone to get confused :p

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
3. From THIS DAY FORWARD, all HOBO/TYS events will be metaknight banned. So, for all you metaknight mains out there, its time to EARN your wins. Pick a real character!
That pretty much cleared it up. I'm gonna try to come to this. Xyro, how far is it from Pasadena?

Or rather me just mapquest that **** up.

heytallman

CTALL
OK so DeAngelo has approached me several times asking if I'd be interested in running a Pokemon side event. So this post is to first of all, subscribe to the thread, and secondly, to ask who would be interested in a Pokemon event?

It would be standard OU singles, using Smogon's tier list. Ubers banned, sleep clause, freeze clause, self-KO clause, and evasion and OHKO moves banned.

So far I have a few people interested in playing, but who else would like to TEST THEIR SKILLS at Pokemon D/P/Pt?

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Tallman make it just D/P because people with those games can't see some of the things that Platinum has. I.E. Rotom forms.

heytallman

CTALL
Tallman make it just D/P because people with those games can't see some of the things that Platinum has. I.E. Rotom forms.
That's our fault for not getting platinum. I'm not going to limit it to just Diamond and Pearl. Plus what about move tutors? I have a few Pokemon with Platinum moves tutored to them.

As I said before, it's readily available in America. If you want to use rotom-h then go buy platinum. If you don't have Platinum no johns.

GUYS WHO WANTS TO PLAY IN THE POKEMON TOURNAMENT AT HOBO 17??? I NEED PEOPLE TO ENTER THIS!!!!

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I can't make HOBO 17, but count me down for 18. I will enter the Pokemon tournament as well.

Dalub

Smash Apprentice
Yayz yayz tourny just when i will be in the US =)
i will go there =) Venezuela power lol :D
and no Mks??? omg loving this tourny :D rocks

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'll probably go.

Broly

Smash Lord
That's our fault for not getting platinum. I'm not going to limit it to just Diamond and Pearl. Plus what about move tutors? I have a few Pokemon with Platinum moves tutored to them.

As I said before, it's readily available in America. If you want to use rotom-h then go buy platinum. If you don't have Platinum no johns.

GUYS WHO WANTS TO PLAY IN THE POKEMON TOURNAMENT AT HOBO 17??? I NEED PEOPLE TO ENTER THIS!!!!
me n 2-3 rgv ppl can enter this... and can we get housing for 6-8 peeps?

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I would enter this but

1- work won't allow me travel again until mid/late August

and

2- work hasn't allowed me to officially pick up the newest generation of Pokemon yet.

:(

I'm still on Gold.

:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom