• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(SCS) Steel City Showdown! July 26th, Pittsburgh, PA -LIVESTREAM LINK IS UP!

M@v

Subarashii!
STEEL CITY SHOWDOWN​

July 26th, 2009, Pittsburgh, PA

That's right Ken. Smash returns to Pittsburgh at Steel City Showdown! This is going to happen on only one day this time, SUNDAY, July 26th. I know a lot of people have been waiting for this tourney, and I sincerely apologize for the long wait!

This time around it is going to be Brawl Singles and Doubles. No low tiers this time. We will have recorder setups, and I want to try to get a livestream this time around.

BRING SETUPS!(tvs and/or wiis) WE NEED THEM TO MAKE THIS RUN SMOOTHLY
We would prefer CRT TVs only(A.K.A no LCD tvs), since they tend to lag. If its all you have though, feel free to bring it and we will use it if we are short on tvs.

RECORDING/LIVESTREAM
Unless something drastic happens, we will be having a livestream for this event! Check back to this section sunday for the link!

LIVESTREAM LINK:http://www.ustream.tv/channel/steel-city-showdown

Also, there will be a couple recording setups. Any videos from my hacked wii or recorder will end up here: http://www.youtube.com/user/TgsMaverick

Contents
I. Venue and prices
II. Schedule
III. Attendee and setup
IV. TO contact info/local food
V. Brawl Singles and doubles rules

Venue and prices

For those who attended Final Smash'08, its the same venue.

Clarence Fugh Memorial Hall
27 Crescent Ave.
Etna, PA
http://www.etnavfd.org/fugh.html

Prices will be as follows:
Venue fee: $5(You MUST pay this, I will have a name tag or some other form of ID to give you to confirm you paid.

Brawl Singles: $10

Brawl Doubles: $20 per team

Schedule

9:30A.M-11:00A.M: Arrival time

11:00A.M-11:30A.M: Doubles registration

11:30A.M-12:00P.M: Doubles starts(The faster registration goes the faster we can start guys)

Near the end of doubles singles registration will start. Singles will start with little or no break after doubles.

When singles ends, friendlies will ensue until venue needs us to leave(Probably about 10pm-11pm)

Melee: If I had two days for this I would certainly do melee again, I just don't know if time is going to permit it.

Attendees/setups

Attendees

-M@v
-Colaya
-Phoenix Dark
-Uzi
-Skipper
-ITT
-Jarvitz+2
-Xzax?
-Camalange(a.k.a steak)
-Lawz
-Bowz +unknown number
-Crews
-Rave295
-Shadofiend
-GWJumpman
-SolidKirby
-RHCPfan1+1
-Fishy
-LinkWearsGreen
-Truth
-ESM
-Cheese
-Clear
-SSBB7
-.com?
-ROFL
-Rev
-Phase
-Wrek
-BYAA!
-Beegs
-Darth Waffles
-Sleek Media
-Ch181
-MyCatHatesyou
-Phras+3
-Kawaiiness
-L

Setups
-Venue(Projector and 1 Tv
-M@v(1 wii, 2 Tvs)
-Colaya(1TV)
-PD(1wii)
-Skipper(Tv/wii)
-Jarvitz(1 wii)
-Xzax?(wii)
-Rave295(TV/wii)
-Camalange(wii+tv)

TO contact info/Local food

-M@v
Smashboards account: pgh-M@v-pgh
All is Brawl account: -Mav-
AIM: pghmav
MSN: tgsmaverick@hotmail.com
Phone: 412-855-1473

-Colaya
Smashboards account: Colaya
MSN: samfic@msn.com

There is a Pizza and hoagie place within a 2 minute walk from the venue, ill make sure to have a couple menus with me. Also, it you go a couple minutes down route 8, youll find a Burger King, McDonalds, Taco Bell, Long Johm Silvers, Monte Cello's Pizza, and an eat'n Park all centered around a shopping complex.

Brawl Singles and Doubles Rules
General rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Ledge Grab rule: If the time runs out during a match, afterwards a player may request to check the number of Ledge grabs. If a person grabbed the ledge more than 70 times, he/she automatically loses the match.

Resolving Ties: Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock, and then percents. If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock overttime or the sudden death will be played out. The TO needs to decide which of these will be used before the tournament. Bowser's suicide klaw is exempt from this rule.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

STAGE LIST

Neutrals
-Final Destination
-Battlefield
-Smashville
-Yoshi's Island
-Lylat Cruise

Counter Picks
-Pokemon Stadium 1
-Delfino Plaza
-Frigate Orpheon
-Halberd
-Castle Siege
-Rainbow Cruise
-Brinstar
-Pokemon Stadium 2

note: if both players agree to it, any stage can be played.

Additional Rules for Doubles Play

* Life Stealing is allowed

* Set team attack to ON

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
I shall be there <3 Please remake this on AiB too. You can put me down for bringing a Wii. I brought one last time, but we didn't need it, haha. I have a question though. Will the bar be open? :3

2money

Smash Rookie
I should be able to make it and bring a TV and a Wii. And I'm Skipper BTW.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Heh, I forgot that Ken guy was on Survivor. Never really watched the show, but didn't all the contestants hate him or something? I might be in on this.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
For recording, couldn't you just use a homebrew-enabled Wii to load up an inifinite replay code?

M@v

Subarashii!
yeah. its easier to use my recorder though. I will also my wii to do it so i have 2 recorders.

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
I have a question though. Will the bar be open? :3
haha im not sure how me and bowz's names are already down but you can count on it that we will be there.

o and phoenix, i hope your 21 cause if its open, you should hook a brotha up and slip me a drink or 4 hehe.

M@v

Subarashii!
haha im not sure how me and bowz's names are already down but you can count on it that we will be there.

o and phoenix, i hope your 21 cause if its open, you should hook a brotha up and slip me a drink or 4 hehe.
bowz said you and him were coming in the other thread for this.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
OH WOW THERE ARE TWO THREADS FOR THIS ****?? GET HYPED!! WTF IS JUICE?!

Yo I'm stoked to meet up with my ol' Final Smash friends ^_^ Phoenix, Mav, Colaya, Bowz (gonna MM this *****), and Crews :D

LET'S GET IT ON! PITTSBURGH HAS NO BRAWL SCENE LOLWHUT??

:093:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Oh, if I didn't say this already, I'll be bringing a TV + Wii/Brawl setup. The Wii will have infinite/longer replays with tags displayed.

M@v

Subarashii!
k ill update the list. Just make sure you don't forget any wires this time; I'll make you buy them back >:D

not really

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Hmm...I was hesitant to commit to coming, but you can expect me there. I might join the tournament, but I'm mostly interested in meeting people to Brawl with regularly. I have a Wii with infinite replay enabled, but I might ask to use a decent controller in return, since mine are falling apart.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Rev should come because it would be sexy times.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Yeah unless someone can give me a ride from philly i'm screwed :/

10fatwhitechicksonamotorcycle

M@v

Subarashii!
IMPORTANT NEWS

There is a good chance we will do seeding pools at this. I dont know if anyone is going to get eliminated from them, but well see(I doubt it).There seems to be a wide range of skill levels, and I dont want 2 guys who are amazing having to fight in the first round.

For those who don't know how pools work, read on.

You are put into a group(pool) of people, usually anywhere from 4-7 a piece. Each person play everyone else in the pool(Normal tourney rule set). After everyone is done, this is how seeding is determined.

-The player who has won the most sets is 1st seed.
-The player who has won the next highest amount is 2nd seed.
etc.

IF THERE IS A TIE:
The total number of wins and loses within the sets are counted up. The one with the more wins is placed in the higher seed.

If its still tied even after that, The winner of the set bewteen the tied players is the tiebreaker.

Thats fine and dandy, but what does it mean?

You know how during the last tourney(If you went) there were a few byes for some players? Well, higher seeds would be awarded these bye spots. Usually the 1st seeded player gets this honor. Then, in 1st round of brackets, 5th seed would play 2nd seed, 3rd seed would play 4th seed, etc. The first round seed matchups all depend on how many seeds we do.

If we do elimination pools

If we do elimination pools, it will be top 4 advance out of 8 pools to make a 32 man bracket. Then 1st seeds will play 4th seeds in the 1st round, and 2nd seeds will play 3rd seeds. This will depend on turnout. If you get knocked out of pools, you still place in the tournament though.

Doing pools makes brackets a lot more fair for everyone, and they wont take that long either.(1-2 hours tops.)

Top Bottom