• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battle Factory is stupid.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Okay, so pretty much for the last two hours or so, the Battle Factory has been really dumb to me in a lot of ways. For the first few, I had terrible pokemon choices and the third pokemon that got sent out pretty much owned all of my pokemon because I usually was just doing chip damage with ineffective moves.

The latest try takes the cake by far though. The 21st battle I did was really ******** too. I had an Ambipom, Charizard, and Muk. The opponent's Empoleon froze my Muk when I switched it in with Blizzard, then just started surfing it to death. >_> I send out my Ambipom and use Fake Out to weaken it at least a little because knowing Ambipom, he's gonna die from a strong wind. Then I Thunder Wave it, and get a few parahax (thankfully :x ) then Last Resort it to death. Everyone else was pretty easy. I forgot who the other pokemon were because Ambipom is amazing and just swept everyone else.

I go back in for the third set and see some pretty mediocre pokemon. I pick the best ones out of the ones given and get Alakazam, Leafeon, and Pinsir. The first pokemon was something that I forgot but Alakazam kills it. Then Togekiss comes out. -_- I charge beam it and it lives. I'm like "whatever" and send out Pinsir after Togekiss faints Alakazam. I try to Stone Edge it and miss, then Togekiss uses Silver Wind and gets the all stats boost. >_> The next turn it used Ancient Power and got ANOTHER stat boost. Then I closed my DS. Leafeon is still alive but he's gonna die. I just closed the DS and left.

tl;dr: Battle Factory is ******** and you shouldn't play it.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Silver Wind and Ancient Power boost? That's like a 1% chance. Not factoring accuracy...

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
:flame:
You people should stop trying to think that you can plan out everything. Luck is much more important than you seem to consider it. And you are punished for ignoring the Luck Gods. More and more, this will happen.

Then again, I haven't played my DS in a while, so I don't remember the Battle Tower. But still, the Gods of Luck do not like to be insulted. Kawaii, do you insult them?

:flame:

M.K

Level 55
Don't worry Kawaii, I got to Factory Head Thorton with an Xatu, Crocanaw, and Hitmonchan feeling pretty confident!

What does the little ***** have? A Salamence. Oh, and a Metagross.

Just shoot me.

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
Okay, so pretty much for the last two hours or so, the Battle Factory has been really dumb to me in a lot of ways. For the first few, I had terrible pokemon choices and the third pokemon that got sent out pretty much owned all of my pokemon because I usually was just doing chip damage with ineffective moves.

The latest try takes the cake by far though. The 21st battle I did was really ******** too. I had an Ambipom, Charizard, and Muk. The opponent's Empoleon froze my Muk when I switched it in with Blizzard, then just started surfing it to death. >_> I send out my Ambipom and use Fake Out to weaken it at least a little because knowing Ambipom, he's gonna die from a strong wind. Then I Thunder Wave it, and get a few parahax (thankfully :x ) then Last Resort it to death. Everyone else was pretty easy. I forgot who the other pokemon were because Ambipom is amazing and just swept everyone else.

I go back in for the third set and see some pretty mediocre pokemon. I pick the best ones out of the ones given and get Alakazam, Leafeon, and Pinsir. The first pokemon was something that I forgot but Alakazam kills it. Then Togekiss comes out. -_- I charge beam it and it lives. I'm like "whatever" and send out Pinsir after Togekiss faints Alakazam. I try to Stone Edge it and miss, then Togekiss uses Silver Wind and gets the all stats boost. >_> The next turn it used Ancient Power and got ANOTHER stat boost. Then I closed my DS. Leafeon is still alive but he's gonna die. I just closed the DS and left.

tl;dr: Battle Factory is ******** and you shouldn't play it.
IMO, this Battle Factory is really cheap compared to the one in Emerald. I sailed through most of the battles leading up to getting the silver factory medal.

After all that uneccessary work, at least you get 5 BP. ;)

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Actually its 10% accuracy, and when you factor in togekiss's abillity, serene grace, which doubles the chance of added effects happening, it becomes 20%, which is pretty high.
No, what he's saying is the chance of getting it twice in a row; which actually happens to be a 4% chance w/ Serene Grace. If I had to guess by his statement, he was over exaggerating for the sake of showing how impossible and unfair that is/seems.

I actually have the issue of getting hella gay Pokemon, but then getting rid of them for something much more reliable because of one glaring weakness that would wreck them; only to end up losing the next battle because I did that particular trade-in. Example: I got a Bastiodon that knew Double Team, Iron Defense, Fissure, and Iron Head. He was ****ing broken, but I figured I would eventually run into a fighting/ground lead and he would be dead, so I traded him in for a just-about-equally-gay Vileplume. Next battle, everything I faced was strong to my team, except for the aforementioned Bastiodon, and I lost because of it.

I've also never beaten the Frontier Brain, despite how many times I got to him. He's always stacked with my team's worst nightmares. -_-

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I was actually multiplying 10% and 10%, forgot that it was a Togekiss.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I appreciate the effort, Bunny, but you see, there's a forum for things like these, called 'User Blogs...'

I'll move it.
My bad. I thought it'd fit in the Poke Center because it's about...Pokemon. :x I'll remember the next time.

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
Is Battle Factory a Pokemon game? Mehh, I'm bad in Pokemon games anyway.

But I'll remember it.
In the Pokemon games, Emerald and Platinum, there are facilities in a place known as the Battle Frontier which test a trainers abilities supposedly. The Battle Factory is one of them. In it, you have to choose 3 rental Pokemon with which to battle. After the battle, you get a hint about the next opponent and can trade a rental Pokemon with one of the opponent's.

Contributing the only way I know how. >.>

i1337

Smash Ace
Moral:

Emerald Battle Factory >>>>>>>>> Platinum Battle Factory

(Seriously, Emerald's Battle Frontier is way better than Platinum's IMO lol)

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Battle Revolution without a DS is stupid.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
You think this is hax?
In D/P's Hax Tower, there was an opposing Rhydon.
He had a Quick Claw.
It activated and fainted my first mon after he used Horn Drill which connected.
HAX!
But oh no! That bull**** was not enough.
He did the exact same thing to my next Pokémon.
AND THE NEXT.
I lost to 3 successive Quick Claw Horn Drills, the chances of which occurring are similar to winning the Lottery jackpot...

:/

The Battle Tower has different probability mechanics I swear. Epic hax.

Denzi

Smash Master
^This.

Once you got to a certain number of battles, victory was nigh impossible.

I hate the battle tower.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
You can stop ruining User Blogs anytime now, Bunny.
Would you rather have me write a 15 page analysis on how the Battle Tower connects to real life events?

This place.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
lmao, my best friend lows the battle factory. He thinks it's an interesting and dynamic way to play that tests true skill and knowledge in pokemon. Course, he's got like a 91? win streak last time I checked? He's pretty good.

Battle Hall ***** me. First time I tried it, my Empolean got owned by a Shedninja that I couldn't hit.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
"Hmm...my subseeding Abomasnow seems like a good choice here."

*switches*

Snorlax used Metronome!

Snorlax used Blaze Kick!

A critical hit!

It's super-effective!

Abomasnow hung on using its Focus Band!

Abomasnow was burned!

D

Deleted member

"Hmm...my subseeding Abomasnow seems like a good choice here."

*switches*

Snorlax used Metronome!

Snorlax used Blaze Kick!

A critical hit!

It's super-effective!

Abomasnow hung on using its Focus Band!

Abomasnow was burned!
Something much like this happened to me today! I was doing a random trainer battle when this happened.

Togepi used Metronome!

Togepi used Selfdestruct!

Cyndaquil fainted!

Any stupid Pokemon that screws with my beloved Cyndaquil are going down.

ZYPHR

Smash Cadet
the battle factory is alright, but i usually get bad pokemon. :confused::psycho::dizzy:

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Actually, since that post I beat it. With the gold print. :]

And I beat all the other stuff. But the only ones I've gotten the gold print for are the Battle Castle, Battle Arcade, and Battle Factory. =o

Top Bottom