• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I have a riddle for you

Frown

poekmon
Link to original post: I have a riddle for you

This thread contains a riddle. Where is the riddle? What is the riddle? It's up to you to find out. You will not be able to solve this riddle unless you have one of the following:

- Friends who are willing to exchange wisdom
- Exceptional researching skills
- Superhuman powers

What will you get if you solve the riddle? Who knows? A mountain of gold or a pat on the back seems most likely to me.

Let the riddle solving begin!

EDIT:

Summary of the riddle solving so far:
1. A link was hidden in the OP, leading to a youtube link.
2. A youtube video wanted the letters N and D in "cob cannonN" and "David wise". These were put in a url.
3. The url displayed a password that was entered in the social group of mystery.
4. I provided the searchers with a wall of text, containing a link for another image.
5. The image told the searchers to look for the 12th post I had made in a certain thread, wich I had edited.
6. The ones who saw this post were told to PM me, and recieve a letter.
7. The six people had to combine their letters and solve a math problem in order to find my Blogger.
8. On my blog, people needed to identify 3 lanugages in order to fill in a Youtube link.
9. A youtube video wanted the letters "R" and "K" in "Tula SunfloweR" and "Kyle gabler". These were put in a url, along with the number 4.
10 The ones who figured out the password were to find the fifth game made with the S.C.U.M.M. engine, and post the answer as an answer to the blog I made.
11. I gave searchers a clue saying "Where do you go if you want to know more about Scotstounhill's train traffic?".
12. The answer was to go to Scotstounhill's Wikipedia article where they could find a message from me.
13. Searchers were to find a number combination consisting of 1, 3, 4, 5, and 6.
14. Nobody wanted to do that, so I spoiled it for them.
15. Searches were to find the 1002nd post I made in General Braw Discussion and subforums
16. The post contained a broken link which needed the nationailities of six SWF members
17. The link led to a Youtube video

finalark

SNORLAX
Right now I'm looking up the
most expensive unit in Plants VS. Zombies.
It will probably take a lot more than
game faqs
for the song, though.

D

Deleted member

Anyone have an iPhone with the Shazam app? It could be able to identify that song.

finalark

SNORLAX
I think the letter is
"b"
because it took me to Image Shack home page.

If Gamefaqs.com is telling the truth, then the most expensive unit in Plants VS. Zombies is the Cob Launcher, costing 500 sun.

EDIT: I've tried all of the letters in the English alphabet for the name of the composer, I must be entering it wrong or something....

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
My phone has song ID, and it didn't know the name of the song. =(

finalark

SNORLAX
I'm just putting in spoilers because I'm a nice guy and I don't want to ruin it for those who want to figure it out on their own.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Someone I asked thinks the song is "cast parade" ending to Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest.

haha wut double post?

finalark

SNORLAX

Darkslash

Smash Master
AHA

I managed to get it you guys.

For those wondering the missing letters are N from Cob Cannon and D from David Wise

EDIT1:

Does the carpet match the drapes?

finalark

SNORLAX

Does the carpet match the drapes?

(is this even the place you're supposed to post it?)

EDIT 1: What's a double post?

EDIT 2: This isn't the place you're supposed to post it, me thinks....

justaway12

Smash Master
Find the 12th post made by Frown in the wish corrupter
Granted. But since you get them from THIN air, the fries will contain no fat. They will taste like dried potatoes.

I wish I stopped doing this and continued with my Latin project.

Hello. You've made it really far. PM me if you are able to see this.

:goomba: Credit goes to Darkslash for finding it, the rest of the riddles will be in the social group...I think. :goomba:

Frown

poekmon
The five six people who have made it to the part where they had to PM me, have received one letter each. They must now fill the following link with a word these letter can make, followed by the the result of this problem:

At a party, Benjamin Franklin and Ulysses Grant are attending, among others. Andrew Jackson then leaves the party, and after a while, Alexander Hamilton makes sure everyone splits up into smaller groups. One of these groups is the answer.

The link is: http://[the word you come up with][the answer to the problem].blogspot.com/

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Hmm, sucks I wasn't here yesterday. The composer of that song is my favorite, and I'm a huge fan of his. I could've told you instantly, I have that entire soundtrack on my phone, and computer, lmao.

Had to look up the first clue though.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Doing some research, the 4 people Frown mentioned all appeared on American dollar Bills.

Franklin appears on the 100$
Ulysses Grant appears on the 50$
Andrew Jackson appears on the 20$
Alexander Hamilton appears on the 10$

Since Jackson goes away, 100,50 and 10 are left.

Franklin and Hamilton are the only non presidents that appeared on Dollar bills. Both the 100 and the 10 dollar bills are delivered in variations of the color yellow..well the 10 is delivered in yellow and the 100 is delivered in mustard colors.

Well this is confusing as ever now <_<

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Well, wait, the riddle says that Franklin and Grant are together. That's 150$. Jackson leaves, so we lose 20$, which leaves us with 130$. Hamilton splits everyone one into groups, which means that there's 13 groups with 10 dollars?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I plugged in fences13 for success

First language I'm unsure but it looks like Greek. Second is Norwegian. Third is Italian. Norwegian was a ***** to identify, but Italian is easy. I'm still not sure of the first though.

Darkslash

Smash Master

I plugged in fences13 for success

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~=.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?

I actually plugged that in this morning due the 13 COLONIES. It didn't work because SOME one said to Add "THE" with the solved riddle.

Bad directions <_<

Top Bottom