• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ben Bailey presents: Smash Cab! you in?

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
Ben Bailey presents: Smash Cab
you in?

Sunday, July 5th.

PLEASE BRING SET-UPS

Aib:link:

ok so last tourney went well. ive gotten a lot of positive feedback, so its time for another!
lets make this one as smooth as the last, but even bigger! HYPE THIS **** SOVA!! theres been a lot of cool things happening lately here in the brawl scene. its like soVA weeklies lately!!

so what do you say? wanna play?

What?
a brawl singles and doubles tourney hosted by me OMG H4X!
last one was great! lets do it again!
get 3 stocked and you get dropped off here on the spot

958 Laskin Rd<-click for directions
Virginia Beach, VA 23451
(same shopping center as cool and eclectic, across from surf-n-sand)
the shop is around the corner of the far right side. there's parking in front and all around!

When?

Sunday July 5th
11:00 AM - finish BE ON TIME!
friendlies will start at 11
doubles registration ends at 12:00
singles registration should start around 3

Set-ups
well need people to bring tvs, wiis, and copies of brawl.
set-ups so far:
me-2 tvs, wii, brawl, recording set-up
COCM-tv, wii, brawl
GN4R-tv, wii, brawl
Toadz-tv, wii, brawl
SK-tv, wii, brawl
Isiah-tv, wii, brawl
USPY-tv, wii, brawl
Stein-tv, wii, brawl
MDJA-wii, brawl
Rhan-tv, wii, maybe brawl

Fees

singles $5
doubles $10 per team

Payout
60/30/10

Rules

3 Stock

8 Minute Time Limit

No Items

If you need to add your name to change your controls, please remember to do so, and do it quickly. You should not quit in the middle of a match if you realize your controls are wrong.

First round consists of all characters being chosen by a blind pick. The first stage will then be chosen randomly from the neutrals.
After the first match is over, each player bans one stage that can not be used in counterpicks.

Match two/three will first consist of the previous loser picking a stage, then the previous winner picking their character, and finally the previous loser picking their character.

You may not counterpick a stage you have already won on earlier that set.

Neutral Stages:

o Battlefield
o Final Destination
o Smashville
o Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

* Counterpick Stages:

o Lylat Cruise
o Delfino Plaza
o Nofair
o Castle Siege
o Frigate Orpheon
o Battleship Halberd
o Rainbow Cruise
o Brinstar
o Pokemon Stadium
o Jungle Japes

-Stock sharing allowed
-Team attack on

-The 50 Ledge Grab Rule will be in effect, until the community as a whole comes up with a set number, we will make the limit 50 grabs. If the game ends with the time running out and your stats show that you went over 50 ledge grabs, you will automatically lose that round. If both people go over 50, then participating players Who ever has the highest stock and or lowest percentage on that stock will win. If both player have the same stock and percentage when the timer runs out, then a 1 stock rematch will occur.

-Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab.
-Ice Climber things are legal, as long as they aren't used for stalling.
-If there is a dispute over controller ports, play Rock Paper Scissors for it (best 2 out of 3, no items, FD only).
- Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock)
o If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
o If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie the one who initiated the move will win the round

Attendance list

OMG H4X
COCM
GN4R
SK
EV
Kadaj
Famous
Toadz
Riku
Rhan
Alonzo
Slash
Stein
MDJA
Isiah
UPSY
Mouse
Obama
Pitzer
Flap Jack
Duck
Mashi
FLASH
JET
Yoshi
Matt
Alex
Genosync

H4X's cell: 757-636-8237
call me with questions and stuff

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Kadaj. We need to play more for this tourney. c: Me and Eevee will be there. hopefully Mashi and his crew and maybe the SeS kids also.

Firstaidguitar1

Smash Cadet
Haha...

Count me (USPY) in for a tv, wii, and brawl. I'm trying to get my boys out there and I'm sure stein or somebody will bring a setup. I'll keep you guys posted as more of my guys decide to come.

SK, where did you post SeS's next tournament listing?

rhan

Smash Hero
If I come I'm bringing a full set up. It all really depends if I can get my car and stay at my dad's for the weekend. :(

But that's a pretty good chance.

rhan

Smash Hero
I play Melee mostly. I don't discriminate though. I'm bad in Brawl but I can't let the SoVA scene for either game die out. I'm going to raise attendance and the pot.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Good to hear. Sova is coming back for brawl. Tourneys have been going on weekly lately. and alot of old players are coming back to the SoVa scene. This tourney had a 25 attendence last time so im hoping for a 30 + Amount this time. The more the merrier. Kadaj get famous to enter this time. and its singles and dubz

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Last time we teamed we did winn. Id most likely be down for teams if Frannie doesnt wanna enter. which i dont think she'll do dubz. But we need to play more! we dont play. Ive been playing with slash and Cocm and kids alot you need to come out. Get dom and dre and russ to go to this tourneys. And the South east smash tourney as well.

Edit: People who do need a ride inform me and i may be able to give you a ride for like 2 $ in gas. Let me know!
pm or Text me 803-603-8324

rhan

Smash Hero
First round consists of all characters being chosen by a blind pick. The first stage will then be chosen randomly from the neutrals.
After the first match is over, each player bans one stage that can not be used in counterpicks.
I went re-reading the rules. Why does the stage banning process happen after the first round?

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
i can't play until thurs. get stuff going then and i'll be out to play. i need to know if we teaming. so i can look for someone then.

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
hey guys! in scranton PA right now. tours been going great!

thanks for posting it up slash

and ya bring that wii marlin

and about the stage ban thing, i dont really feel its fair to ban in the beginning. 1 its too much work/ kids forget when stages are taken off the random, and 2, characters are chosen by blind pick, and i fell that when kids ban a stage for neutrals it kinda negates the whole blind pick thing.

anyways, much love from the road. HAPPY B-DAY COCM! (that **** was yesterday)

well have a fat smash sesh when i get back. see everyone soon!!!

rhan

Smash Hero
Why not blind pick characters first then ban the stage aright after the blind pick?

I would hate it if I choose my character then go to a stage which I do extreamly bad at (AKA stage I wanted to ban) for the first match.

Meh what am I complaining for. I'm giving away money at this anyway lol.

Happy Birthday COCM!

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
guys its all about the experience, thats what youre paying for;)

~RiKu~

Smash Cadet
Kadaj if u and Famous need a ride, I could roll up to NN saturday night and get u guys.

Top Bottom