• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching: His Prescription? KOs

The Cape

Smash Master
Welcome back Doctor Mario the Smash MD from Melee. This crafty plumber turned Doctor is a solid character with good damage building and gimping abilities here in Brawl+. He has taken the Mario playstyle to a unique new level and wants to show that having a doctorate is better than an associates anyday.

Doc has also brought his SPEW (Spit Plenty of Ectoplasmic Waste) system to the battle and he is also throwing deadly back plague fireballs. The new Doc is unprofessionally nasty.

Reminder: Doc replaces Mario currently.

Without further ado:

Doc (v1.62) 6/21
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6EG5TO8W

Changelist:
Code:
Jabs (30 base, no growth from 0 and 100; 80 angle from special 20) (first two hitboxes)

F-tilt (30 base from 8 and 95 growth from 100)

dF-tilt (20 base and 20 growth from 29 base and 100 growth, 270 angle from special 20)

U-tilt (46 angle from 96; 8 damage from 7; 1.25x size;  115 growth from 130 and 42 base from 28)

D-tilt (160 angle from 80; 30 base from 20; 40 growth from 80; both hits do 7 from 5 and 7)

F-smash (all second hitboxes cease to exist; first hitboxes 1.25x size; first hitbox elec; +1 damage; 55 angle from special 20)

D-smash (both hits the same, +10 base, -10 growth)

U-Smash (50 growth from 90; 70 base from 32)

Nair (switched hitboxes)

Fair (all hitboxes the same: 70 angle; 14 damage; 30 base from 20; 90 growth from 80)

Bair (angle changed to 0 from special 20;)
hitbox 1 (20 base from 10 and 45 growth from 95)
hitbox 2 (17 base from 7 and 40 growth from 90)

Dair
hitbox 2 (40 from 75 angle; 80 base and growth to 50 base and 100 growth)

Uair (29 base from 9; 60 growth from 100)

B moves
Fireball (Dark type; 8 damage; 0 growth and 50 base; 270 angle)

Side+B (6 damage; 0 base, no growth; 1.5x size; moved down; 120 angle from 110)

Aerial Cape: (8 damage, 70 angle from 110; 0 base no growth; 1.5x size; moved down)

Down+B (20 base and 0 KBG from 100 KBG and 0 base; dark type; 1 damage)

Up+B
hitbox 6 (4 damage from 3; 70 base from 56; 90 angle from 60; 135 growth from 145)

Dash attack
All hits trip (80 base, 270 angle)

Over 100 getup attack
Trips (80 base, 270 angle)

Frame speed stuff:
Doc jabs .9 speed
60% ALR
upB .8 speed (til frame 20, then 1.2)
D tilt windsdown 2x faster
F smash comes out four frames faster
Dash attack comes out two frames faster (try DACUS)

Jump Grav Values:
0036CC80

Zip includes Skin, GCT, Change List, and Plussery Set.

Sample combos in training mode. Fun fun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sISanfszGOs

Still need:
Green water FLUDD
Purple Fireballs
Fireball on F smash removed (visually)
White Cape

Higer trajectory on fireballs
Cape gives less height in the air

Credits:
Texture by Androu1

Roxas215

Smash Lord
.................. wow. Didn't think doc would work you know with fludd and all. And shouldn't yall complete roy before moving on to someone else??? Anyway ill try him!! Thanks!

edit this is like roy where he replaces mario right?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
I haven't tried this yet -- can't wait to return to Cleveland and my Wii.

Props to Cape for his work.

@Phillyrider: The character mods aren't WBR official, per se, although they have all been made by members of the WBR. Thus, this is Cape's child while Roy was GoG and partly Leaf's. There's not a requirement for one to be finished before the other since they're being worked on by different people.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Welp, this game just a got a whole lot worse. I'd have stuck with vBrawl if it meant no Doc. Worst character ever :p

Good ****, Cape.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
I haven't tried this yet -- can't wait to return to Cleveland and my Wii.

Props to Cape for his work.

@Phillyrider: The character mods aren't WBR official, per se, although they have all been made by members of the WBR. Thus, this is Cape's child while Roy was GoG and partly Leaf's. There's not a requirement for one to be finished before the other since they're being worked on by different people.
understood! I don't really care about the doc but my friend is going to love him! Thanks Cape!

GenoGar

Smash Apprentice
Oh dang!

F-Smash sweet spot should be on the hand and sour spot should be the fireball (which will turn into lightning later right?).

Does Doc have his wacky melee N-Air properties?

...and is F-Air going to be a vertical KO move on all parts of the move?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
GenoGar, Check the changelist -- the answer to your second two questions is "yes."

Sweetspot is in the hand, and there is no sourspot in the fireball at all, the hitbox doesn't exist. Hopefully the texture can be made transparent and just removed completely.

The Cape

Smash Master
All hits of fair are Doc punch, nair has reversed hitboxes, and the fireball will become non existant in the future hopefully.

Also, GoG. I bet my char is finished first :-p

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
Good work Cape. I cant wait til the projectile textures are in place. Green flood ftw. I like how its working right now as well. Seems like's its best use is as a combo finisher when the opponent is just out of reach for another hit. 24% damage with full hit is beast.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Oh man, this is too great. We just need the rest of the Melee crew to return now. ;D
Mewtwo won't happen till we can model hack and make movesets from scratch. AKA never going to happen. We aren't half assing mewtwo onto Lucario.

We don't need 3 Links

Making Pichu do damage to himself would be a lot of work for a character that really isn't all that cool.

EDIT: Cape. Doc was the closest clone in Melee, I wouldn't be surprised. Also, Doc was good in Melee where Roy sucked so we have to make him decent. The whole tip thing basically keeps him familiar but all new at the same time.

5ive

Smash Champion
Camelot and Steelia replied to me regarding helping the project out with making textures and recoloring of effects. They say they can do the FLUDD recoloring and say the fireball recoloring is possible. Regarding the fire effect on fsmash, he says it might be possible.

They also add that making a perfect and accurate Dr. Mario texture is extremely hard compared to let's say Roy.

I would love to see Doc in Brawl+, but the amazing mouthwash makes me tingle inside
Fix'd for accuracy

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
According to Cape he is supposed to be shooting medical waste out of FLUDD and balls of Black Plague XD

There is the no hat on Mario code, which would make him look all that much closer to Doc. Assuming the clone engine is finished whenever it is finished, then I'm sure something could be done to turn that into a no hat on Doc code.

Too bad the coat is impossible :\

The thing I love about Doc is how well he gimps. It's hard to imagine somebody gimping better than Mario but you definitely pulled it off. I was a little disappointed with the killing power of Fsmash and Fair at first but it really balances him out. He has a bit of an easier time racking up damage from what I'm seeing, and with his improved gimp game its only natural that Mario has more direct kill power.

I like how you took the basic layout of Doc in Melee, transformed it into something to work for B+, and created a character that doesn't really look better than Mario, just better at some things and worse at others all while having a different overall playstyle.

And one more thing: Screw anybody who says Doc plays the same as Mario :)

Dan_X

Smash Lord
This actually really exciting! I love how you guys have added Doc and Roy to the game! I can't wait for their additions to be final!

I have a question-- I don't see why this wouldn't be entirely possible.. it sure seems possible anyway.

Couldn't we add another character select icon to the selection screen for both Doc and Roy? We could change the selection portrait to said character... and have it LOCKED on that one color-- the color that determines Do, and Roy. What I mean is... say red Marth was Roy, make another select icon, editing the name (making it say "ROY!" if that audio is hidden in game code), and picture (so that it's a picture of Roy, or Marth with Roy's textures), and locking it so that no other color can be selected so that it will be Roy.

5ive

Smash Champion
Almas is already working on a clone code utilizing the extra icons of the wire frames, Giga Bowser and Popo only. This means clones can have their own panel and their own costumes. Combined with CSS codes, this **** will be ****.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Almas is already working on a clone code utilizing the extra icons of the wire frames, Giga Bowser and Popo only. This means clones can have their own panel and their own costumes. Combined with CSS codes, this **** will be ****.
Whoa. the clone thing confuses me... but that's awesome!

EDIT:

BTW, seeing as how we've gon so far as to add characters such as Roy and Doc to the game, are we going to use the ganon sword code to add a sword to his game after he does the taunt that pulls the sword out?

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Any videos of the new Doc fighting yet? I'd love to see that. And I'd definitely love to have him and Roy added to the roster in the future, that with the rest of the Brawl+ stuff.

Brawl+ makes me happy =}

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Isn't there a code to remove Mario's hat? That would help with the Doc texture.

And then when we get the separate character icons for Roy and Doc, one of them fancy coders could likely rig it up so that if you pick the Doc icon, not only do you get Dr. Mario, but the hat is removed as well.

Edit: Screenshot sans hat:

Edit2.0:
I think I found it:
Mario (P1) hatless regular eyes
48000000 80672FA8
DE000000 80009380
58010000 00000148
14000000 01000000
14000004 01000100
E0000000 80008000

timothyung

Smash Ace
What's Normal B and Fireball 2.0?
And do you mind uploading the pack to somewhere else, like mediafire?
And why don't you just put the changelist up here? It's so easy to do that
Code:
F-tilt (30 base from 8 and 95 growth from 100)

dF-tilt (20 base and 20 growth from 29 base and 100 growth, 270 angle from special 20)

U-tilt (46 angle from 96; 8 damage from 7; 1.25x size;  115 growth from 130 and 42 base from 28)

D-tilt (160 angle from 80; 30 base from 20; 60 growth from 80; both hits do 7 from 5 and 7)

F-smash (all second hitboxes cease to exist; first hitboxes 1.25x size; first hitbox elec; +1 damage; 55 angle from special 20)

D-smash (both hits the same, +10 base, -10 growth)

U-Smash (50 growth from 90; 70 base from 32)

Nair (switched hitboxes)

Fair (all hitboxes the same: 70 angle; 14 damage; 30 base from 20; 90 growth from 80)

Bair (angle changed to 0 from special 20;)
hitbox 1 (20 base from 10 and 45 growth from 95)
hitbox 2 (17 base from 7 and 40 growth from 90)

Dair
hitbox 2 (40 from 75 angle; 80 base and growth to 50 base and 100 growth)

Uair (29 base from 9; 60 growth from 100)

B moves
Normal B (Dark type; 8 damage; 0 growth and 50 base; 270 angle)

Fireball 2.0 (2 damage, flower effect, 20 base, 60 growth)

Side+B (3 damage; 20 angle from 110; 30 base, no growth; 1.5x size)

Down+B (0 base and 0 KBG from 100 KBG and 0 base; dark type; 2 damage)

Up+B
hitbox 6 (4 damage from 3; 70 base from 56; 130 from 145 growth; 90 angle from 60)

Jabs (30 base, no growth from 0 and 100; 80 angle from special 20) (first two hitboxes)

Frame speed stuff:
FLUDD charge and spew is .75 speed
Doc jabs .9 speed
60% ALR
upB .8 speed (til frame 20, then 1.2)

Jump Grav Values:
0036CC80

The Cape

Smash Master
"Normal B" is the correct one. "Fireball 2.0" snuck in past me.

As for the hatless Mario, I put the code in, but I dont know if it worked or not.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Am I correct in thinking that Doc is going to be a character that can gimp and rack up damage well, but has trouble killing without gimping?

If so, then two things

1. Doc will do well in teams
2. Lucario will **** doc because of his very nature

Neither of those are necessarily bad things though.

The Cape

Smash Master
Matt, you have found the nature of the Doc I am building.

He is better at racking damage and gimping than Mario but at the same time is worse at killing outright and recovering.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I like how he feels different than other characters that build damage quickly but don't kill very easily, I guess its because he's the first slow character to be like that.

Extra points for uniqueness.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Just to be to be sure, your .gct is the latest Brawl+, correct? Just checking, because that's what I'm playing atm and I don't wanna replace my current .gct with a none Brawl+ .gct.

Great job though! I plan to try him out in a few hours =)

The Cape

Smash Master
I dont know if its the latest set or not. The problem with clone characters is that they replace right now. However if and when they become official we wont have this problem :-p

crazycrackers

Smash Journeyman
Wait Fair and Fsmash aren't that powerful? W/e, kind of dissapointing but this is still awesome! :D I loved melee doc (2nd best character mabey) and I'm gonna go give doc+ a try ^_^. And did I see flower effect on fireballs. :DDDD

The Cape

Smash Master
The flower effect on fireballs didnt turn out like I hoped, the Dark type weak spike ones are the ones I went with, and they are really nice.

Fair and F smash arent super powerful (although they are Doc's best kill moves) because he is better at racking damage and gimping than Mario. He doesnt need to kill better too (like in Melee).

crazycrackers

Smash Journeyman
The flower effect on fireballs didnt turn out like I hoped, the Dark type weak spike ones are the ones I went with, and they are really nice.

Fair and F smash arent super powerful (although they are Doc's best kill moves) because he is better at racking damage and gimping than Mario. He doesnt need to kill better too (like in Melee).
Oh no I understand why you did what you did. Great job btw :D

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
so what exactly is different between Mario and Doctor Mario if you still need all of the things listed?

a fair that kills? nair that's stronger the longer it stays out?

crazycrackers

Smash Journeyman
Cape: You are my hero. Doc is sweet!

I did dthrow>shff uair>grab/repeat two or three times in a row on ganon. I linked 4 shff uairs together on samus. I love what you've done with fair/fsmash. Flood is very creative. Fireballs own (although I'd still like to see them travel at pill-angles). Utilt is just like it used to be. Ftilt angled down sends people downwards? Thats just cash. Bair is **** for edgeguarding. Its fantastic. He has soooo many edgeguarding tools. I used to say that if Roy were to be finalized, given his own character slot, and made an official part of Brawl+, he would be my second best character. Well thats changed now because Roy is gonna gave to make for the Doctor coming through. So that applies to Dr. Mario now.

Doc must have a PHD in whoopin @$$, because hes giving out a perscription of pain.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
It's great, just the utilt is useless and aerial cape is different from grounded cape (it's still normal). The white cape can be found at Hax2theMax. He can do a ****load of damage (*cough* down B, fireballs), but has trouble killing, a fun balance!

Top Bottom