• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey Guys, I Resign.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Link to original post: [drupal=1842]Hey Guys, I Resign.[/drupal]

I don't know if this is the right place or time to say this.
And I don't really know if too many people know this or not.
Well, I'll start.

As some of you may know I am the leader of a social group here on SWF called "Viva La Revolution! - The Rebellion." For those of you who don't know, it is an anti-Metaknight group. Sort of like the "MK should be banned" social group. Except in my group, we try to take an initiative to ban Mk. That means promote banning him, hold Metaban tourneys, and in some cases promote the usage of Metaknight in general.

But... the sad thing is, we really haven't done anything. At all. Except post the link to the group in our signatures. All we have is a large social group regarding the banning of Metaknight. Our group is dead. Barely anyone posts there and nothing progressive happens.

Now, we have had three polls on whether Mk should be banned or not. And I was in the latest thread debating my crotch off with some of the greatest of Smashboards. I talked to Xyro, pure_awesome, Emblem Lord and numerous others. But in the end, Metaknight was not banned at all.
Apex happened.

I remember sitting in my seat trying to remember the last time I ever destroyed someone with Mk. And then realized I never did. My main was Marth from the beginning of Melee till today. I never did give Mk a real chance to shine.

So I played a few match's against a CPU at first. And then with some of my friends from school. Mk felt more natural to me than Marth did. To me, the controls were smooth as butter; everything played out the way I wanted it to be when I was Mk.

Viva La Revolution is dead now. And the current leader now mains Metaknight, and Marth.

I still strongly beleive that Metaknight should be banned. But until then the local tourneys in my crappy little town will be feeding my Mk the prize money.

But this is a draw back, see? To any advancement of Viva La Revolution. And so, I am resigning from my position as the leader.

I want Xyro to take my place. I wanna see if some Mod can somehow switch the ownership of the social group to Xyro so he can manage members and update the OP screen and not me. The same to the VLR back room.

But if Xyro does not want to do this, then its up to either Roager, Noodlehead, Smashbrother2008, and Praxis to decide what should be done with it.

@Xyro: You would be an excellent leader, bro. If you accept take good care.

@Everyone listed above: Thank you for standing up with me, at my side 100%.

@Everyone in Viva La Revolution!: Thanks for all of your support.

@ Everyone reading this: Hope I did not bore you.

Mk? Ban his ***!

Happy Brawling!

EDIT: I just found out that Xyro got banned for now. :/

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
There's no ****ing initiative to take, it was a group destined to die.

>_>

I'm not even trolling, I'm serious. What is there to be done? Say he needs to be banned really really loud? People tried to come up with some kind of criteria/threads and that died fast.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Long live Meta Knight.

You have won, my noble swordsman with a sexy deep voice.
Yes, I will "COME!" for you.

That's the problem dude, I just don't think people see MK as banworthy.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Don't cry about it. Pick a low tier so you can have an excuse to be so bad at this game.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
Link to original post: [drupal=1842]Hey Guys, I Resign.[/drupal]

But in the end, Metaknight was not banned at all.
Apex happened.

I remember sitting in my seat trying to remember the last time I ever destroyed someone with Mk. And then realized I never did. My main was Marth from the beginning of Melee till today. I never did give Mk a real chance to shine.
just because YOU cant beat him doesnt mean OTHER people cant

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Actually took time to reread the thread.

Soooo, you're OS now? You know there's a reason why we have a group named OS is a scrub.
No. Personally I don't care about Overswarm.

The point of this thread was just to say that VLR is not my business anymore. And that Mk is my main now. I personally don't give a rats *** whether he is banned or not.

just because YOU cant beat him doesnt mean OTHER people cant
I have beaten Mks before. Many times.

I just like playing Mk more than my original main.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
You shouldn't have choose Marth to Brawl Meta Knight but Kirby. =P

urdailywater

Smash Hero
The first 3 posts suck. With the exception of Terans.

I never really thought of Meta Knight as banworthy (maybe at my first few days here when I sucked in the bandwagon) but I can understand the points and why people would want to see him banned. 'Cause I kind of have fun playing him, and he sometimes comes natural. I don't really try and practice too much with him though because I have other secondaries and what-not that I'd like to see shine more.

Good luck at your tournies.

bobson

Smash Lord
You can't resign from a revolution, sillyhead.

Edit: Hahaha, Xyro got banned?

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
You have fun debating Brawl. I'll be playing The Conduit until a balanced Smash Bros comes out. And the best part is: The Conduit doesn't have metaknight!!!!

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
You have fun debating Brawl. I'll be playing The Conduit until a balanced Smash Bros comes out. And the best part is: The Conduit doesn't have metaknight!!!!
Because the comparability of Smash Bros. and The Conduit is so staggering, isn't it?

-__-

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
good for you. If your main isn't working for you pick a character you are confident with.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
This thread is kinda getting old...

Other blogs deserve attention; not this one.

I think people got what I was trying to say...

The message is delivered to the general public.

Thank you and good night.

Prawn

Smash Master
"You Must Recover 2" yesterday in CT had at least 70 percent(or more) of people who mained or alt'd metaknight, it was terrible. :(

Top Bottom